7 3.0%

10 4.3%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
AUSTRIA.png

zoe.jpg

:at: Zoë - Loin d'ici :at:

Zoë Straub was born in the Austrian capital, Vienna, to musician parents, Christof Straub and Roumina Straub (née Wilfling), on 1 December 1996.

At the age of six, she featured in a song by her parents' musical project, Papermoon, called "Doop Doop (Baby Remix)" In 2007, Straub participated in the Austrian reality singing competition Kiddy Contest, where she covered "Engel ohne Flügel", originally performed by Nicole, while she was attending Lycée français de Vienne (French Highschool of Vienna), where she studied for nine years.

Straub appeared on ORF television series Vorstadtweiber in 2015. She also competed in the Austrian national final for the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, where she eventually placed third with the song "Quel filou", written by Straub herself and her father, Christof Straub. She performed live at Rathausplatz while Vienna was serving as the host city of Eurovision Song Contest 2015. In October 2015, she released her début album Debut.
Source: Wikipedia

aef

Re: AUSTRIA 2016

Here are some suggestions from me:

Although it's not the kind of music I normally like, I quite enjoy some of his songs:

Thorstein Einarsson maybe?

Of course any song composed by Parov Stelar would be absolutely awesome! :cool: Maybe with wis wife Lilja Bloom as singer?

Klankarussell would also be a fantastic choice for composing a song:

DanielLuis

I wonde how ORF will recover from the nul points! Will they do an internal selection or an NF again?

Krishoes

I always thought The Makemakes was a disappointing choice. First of all I hoped for a big name, at least when you organize the whole thing, damn. Then, when I heard the songs in the national final I selected Zoe as the better entry for a good placement in the final voting but, people and juries picked something different. Sure, Austria thought they would have reach a position in the middle of the chart... never expected a big fat zero.

NikkiBoy

Zoe's turn to shine for Austria in next years contest! :at:

aef

Haha they will NEVER do Eurovision and I personally think that their music wouldn't fit to the contest anyway..

aef

anselm

Yeah, Bilderbuch would never ever want to do Eurovision :p

Chorizo

JSB should take their time to compose a great song like Heart of Stone and ORF should just select them internally, like they did with Conchita.

lowyby

Still rooting for Left Boy, his performance was magical xheart

Sammy

Veteran

I really hope for another NF this year. Though the outcome of the contest was not as we wished, it was great to have one.
If not - send Zoe with a french (YES! a FRENCH) song (even if EVERYBODY speaks english and french has NOTHING to do with Austria, and so on....).

Chorizo

I really hope for another NF this year. Though the outcome of the contest was not as we wished, it was great to have one.
If not - send Zoe with a french (YES! a FRENCH) song (even if EVERYBODY speaks english and french has NOTHING to do with Austria, and so on....).

That sounds like giving up all hope for a decent result and avoiding the zero points solely by relying on getting at least some points from France. :lol: ;)

Sammy

Veteran

That sounds like giving up all hope for a decent result and avoiding the zero points solely by relying on getting at least some points from France. :lol: ;)

Exactly! And compared to this year's result just a few points from France and maybe Belgium and Switzerland would already be a decent result :lol:

No, joking. it's just that I like Zoe a lot.
And French.
:lol:

Chorizo

Exactly! And compared to this year's result just a few points from France and maybe Belgium and Switzerland would already be a decent result :lol:

No, joking. it's just that I like Zoe a lot.
And French.
:lol:

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that Austria makes use of the French language in order to get points from French-speaking Europe.

I think Austria could also send a song in German again. Zoe could sing in both French and German. In this case, Germany might donate one more point. :lol:

0scar

Everything but Conchita is fine with me. I have seen enough Conchita in this year's hosting. :? I mean, I like her, but it was just too much. :lol:

Brandt

Everything but Conchita is fine with me. I have seen enough Conchita in this year's hosting. :? I mean, I like her, but it was just too much. :lol:

She was seen enough. Not less not more. I think you're overreacting.

DanielLuis

She was seen enough. Not less not more. I think you're overreacting.

She was supposed to be the green room host and she got much more protagonism than the actual hosts. The people seeing ESC with me thought she was the main host and the other 3 the co-hosts :lol:
Even though in the final I think she appeared as much as her role asked for. But in the semi-finals it was almost only her.

Top Bottom