14 4.1%

14 4.1%

12 3.5%

11 3.2%

24 7.1%

120 35.4%

• Total voters

seb89

They totally don't deserve it! Seriously Montenegro more points than this :? ?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Aww, last place???? Bummer, I guess Europe just didn't get the song which happens. It's difficult to do well at ESC with Rap which is such a specific style.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
What??? My favourite in the whole contest has ended last in the semi for the second year in a row? :lol:

I'm too much of a hipster for this contest :lol:

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
It was a song I originally hated (probably why it did so badly), but I actually quite liked it after a while. It probably deserved to squeeze into the final, so coming last in the semi was unexpected.

GRE

So glad that this piece of rubbish got the last place!

moop

What??? My favourite in the whole contest has ended last in the semi for the second year in a row? :lol:

I'm too much of a hipster for this contest :lol:

the hipster community would shun you for liking this song israel was hipster austria was justa plain albino wigger turdburger

rajo

Watch your mouth, moop! :twisted:

I guess Austria was doomed, when !DelaDap got disqualified for an unauthorized video snippet of their song :(

Yamarus

I guess Austria was doomed, when !DelaDap got disqualified for an unauthorized video snippet of their song :(

OMG I had forgotten about them! Not sure they'd have made it to the final either TBH, but I liked it much more than the fittingly named TrackShittaz

rajo

Oh, I think !DelaDap would have had their chances. They are classy, modern and swinging, also with a big appeal for Eastern Europe.....

so if you are saying it would have been uncertain if they could've qualified, who could've have qualified then? Is it really hopeless being Austria in Eurovision?

Yamarus

so if you are saying it would have been uncertain if they could've qualified, who could've have qualified then? Is it really hopeless being Austria in Eurovision?

No it's clearly not. I think top 10, even top 5 is totally achievable by Austria (same with Belgium). Winning, now that requires a really exceptional entry. But clearly it's not hopeless at all if you find a gem. And it doesn't take that much effort, Belgium 2010 was really not that exceptional if you look back and it managed 6th place.

rajo

Sure, it can't be so difficult to find a decent, up-tempo, catchy song and to present it in a confident way.....

rajo

In the National Final it was a crowd pleaser.... the audience went wild....

In Baku, something went wrong. Either was the stage too big, or the performance lacked something.... and Manuel's rupture of the cruciate ligaments didn't help..... I also didn't like the use of the LED, which didn't make an inspired impression by changing between pink an green lights....

TBH the NF had more appeal to me. Maybe Conchita would have been the better choice with a confident performance of her catchy song.

Knubelznarm

I don't ever recall a 100% rap song doing good at Eurovision. It is simply not the platform for this genre. Maybe because it after all is a SONG contest, and rap isn't very melodious. But that didn't stop me from voting for this song, and believing it deserved better :mrgreen:

I think most of the people that would vote for this song or genre, don't even watch Eurovision. It's very generalizing, but let's be honest. Eurovision is MOSTLY watched by families, gays and old people. Young people and teenagers around my age don't really watch Eurovision, which is probably why a song like "Woki mit deim Popo" didn't get enough votes xshrug

Top Bottom