Contact us

Australia

Quent91

800px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png

I'd like to see the EBU exceptionally allowing Australia to participate for the 60th contest as a special guest and to thank them for their loyalty and faithfulness towards the Eurovision :D

But it's never gonna happen, though :(

dizzydjc

Great idea, just for a one off would be good.

I hope the 60th celebrations generally are going to be exceptionally good, like have 50 countries participate for one year or something.

Yamarus

I agree, they should be a guest contestant in 2015!

esc87fan

Being a Commonwealth member with Australia, as a Canadian I find it kind of weird that I'm among the small group of non-Europeans who actually know about the contest. I wish there was some way for the EBU to generate some interest for those outside Europe like North America, etc. in the competition aside from live streaming of the semis and the final

Verjamem

Australia is more interested in Eurovision more than some European countries, so why not ? EBU should agree they to enter in 2015.

Matt121

Only problem is that we also have the AFC Asian Cup also in that year

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It would be pretty epic for Australia to host the contest one time :D the acts would get a holiday out of ESC haha!

esc87fan

Australia did give the contest the man who would be known as Mr. Eurovision *wink*

SRBIJA

Banned
Big and definitive NO. They have nothing to do with Europe, are not members of EBU. Plus time zone.

Yamarus

Big and definitive NO. They have nothing to do with Europe, are not members of EBU. Plus time zone.

Not to take part as a competing entry, just a featuring act to celebrate the 60th anniversary.

Yamarus

Adrian

Eurovision down here does attract a large viewing audience and some (like myself) find that they are very interested in the show and the entries both past and present. Australia, as you know, has had a few singers participating for example Olivia Newton John in 1974 and Jane Comerford in 2006 with Texas Lightning for Germany. I think that the constant mention to Australia every year, which has been happening, and that video that our commentator did in the show this year is more than enough. And yes we have commentators that go every year so that we have an Australian view of what is happening over there, instead of having to listen to the BBC commentary

HabaHaba

Uh, you do realize that 70% of our population IS European, right?

HabaHaba

Eurovision down here does attract a large viewing audience and some (like myself) find that they are very interested in the show and the entries both past and present. Australia, as you know, has had a few singers participating for example Olivia Newton John in 1974 and Jane Comerford in 2006 with Texas Lightning for Germany. I think that the constant mention to Australia every year, which has been happening, and that video that our commentator did in the show this year is more than enough. And yes we have commentators that go every year so that we have an Australian view of what is happening over there, instead of having to listen to the BBC commentary

Well said, Adrian. I mean Johnny Logan represented Ireland and Gina G represented the UK! And don't forget that Australian-Greeks wrote the Greek entry for 2009. We have had a lot to do with the contest in the past. I mean SVT called SBS Australia and asked them if they would be interested in filming a sequence as to why people from Australia love Eurovision.

Top Bottom