8 5.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HBKaus

Can't believe there is no announcement date or anything :(

If Dami was a shoo-in SBS would have hyped this up weeks ago.

Makes me think Australia's artist is either a non-event or a really big surprise to keep it so quiet.

Preuss

Dami wants to go though, but I don’t hope SBS opts for her again…

SBS was always quite quiet with their internal selections though…

Mainshow

Veteran
I can totally see Australia waiting for Mardi Gras to announce their entry (like announcing it a bit earlier but let their entrant perform on that day).

Adrian

So I don't know what anyone else has said so I might be repeating myself.

I think that with World Pride coming up in Sydney next month, that is where they will announce the participant, and my money is on Delta Goodrem. She will be in Sydney around that time and she has a European Tour planned in April/May. Her tour ends in Manchester on the 5th of May so like that kind of lines up with Eurovision. Now I think this is a terrible idea and I hope I'm wrong.

Also, with 2023 being the last year that Australia is definitely in Eurovision I think that they will try and pull a big artist. With Kylie being the headliner at World Pride they might surprise us all and announce her as the artist to try and secure more years lol

Mrlazzyjazzy

I don't see Delta doing it, I mean she hasn't had a hit in a minute but I don't think she really needs to do it yet she's still booked and getting gigs.

Mrlazzyjazzy

Fun fact Ricki Lee has been approached about doing Aus Decides before, but she has never accepted lol.

Preuss

Ricki Lee would be a good choice too. I think she was going to do it back in 2018 but SBS went for Jess Mauboy instead because Sony came with a better offer (which didn’t include any money for staging btw)

Delta has something scheduled in the Maldives during Eurovision sadly. Perhaps she could reschedule that one

HarryUK

Has the annual Kylie rumour started yet or shall I start it now

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

AlienSoul

Has SBS given any information for when the artist/song announcement will be? I had a look at their website and there doesn't appear to be any 2023 content for Eurovision.

Mrlazzyjazzy

Has SBS given any information for when the artist/song announcement will be? I had a look at their website and there doesn't appear to be any 2023 content for Eurovision.
We literally know nothing, and probably will know nothing untill March lol.

AlienSoul

Given the semi-final draw, am I being overly pessimistic in thinking that regardless of song Australia will not qualify for the Grand Final this year?

Top Bottom