2 1.3%

8 5.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

elanyvx

"Eurovision: Australia Decides" will be on March 11th?
There are different options, so we are kind of working through it. We love Eurovision so it’s exciting to be back.

TV Tonight understands contracts yet to be finalised prevented its formal announcement yesterday but could come as early as next week

Mainshow

Veteran
What a turn!

If they come up with another edition of "Australia Decides", I just hope that the entries will be of better quality (more competitive, less amateurish). Australia usually have one or two acts who are exceptionally solid to great but overall, the national finals haven´t really been "that great" (still enjoyable but songs-wise, there´s surely a way up...).

Mrlazzyjazzy

What I don't want - no returning acts from previous editions

No Jaguar, Isaiah, leea nanos etc

Acts I want to see
Samantha Jade
Tina Arena
Ricki Lee
The Veronicas
Delta Goodrem
Dami Im (With a DNA Banger none of this faux Christian pop)

Realistic Acts
Bella Taylor-Smith
Lachie Gill
Shannon Noll
Sienna Katelyn
Anthony Callea
Cosima De Vito
Christina Anu

Etc

Preuss

What I don't want - no returning acts from previous editions

No Jaguar, Isaiah, leea nanos etc

Acts I want to see
Samantha Jade
Tina Arena
Ricki Lee
The Veronicas
Delta Goodrem
Dami Im (With a DNA Banger none of this faux Christian pop)

Realistic Acts
Bella Taylor-Smith
Lachie Gill
Shannon Noll
Sienna Katelyn
Anthony Callea
Cosima De Vito
Christina Anu

Etc

The acts you want to see could happen if Australia selects internally. I myself would love to see Delta Goodrem do it too, but she probably won't unless she wants to try and expand her career outside of Australia. She would've killed it in Stockholm if she decided to go xthink God, I really want to see Delta at Eurovision one day

Bella Taylor Smith would be an interesting choice too xheat

Mainshow

Veteran
Internal selection confirmed:

“We are thrilled to confirm that Australia will once again compete in the 67th Eurovision Song Contest next year, with hosts Myf Warhurst and Joel Creasey at the helm. However, after three years of celebrating and working with local music artists through our Eurovision selection show, Eurovision – Australia Decides, we’ve made the difficult decision not to go ahead with the program in 2023.

Over the past few months, we have been exploring ways we could deliver the event to Australian audiences next year however, a variety of factors contributed to us coming to this decision.

We are proud to continue to be the home of the Eurovision Song Contest and we look forward to celebrating 40 years of broadcasting Eurovision to all Australians in the coming year.”

shameless

It's always sad to see a NF be replaced by an internal selection but in this case it is very much understandable. Except for the first edition, OZ has gone for me-ish entries from a mostly meh-ish starting field anyways. May this be a return to old form and secure a better entry will be picked than if they would've to go through a NF.

mauve

Veteran
Seems like Jonze, Im and Sheppard would love to take part as we all suspected. I am not too keen on seeing Im returning. Her song was okay, but she seemed so cold to me. But maybe it's just me havin this problem.

ESC94

Seems like Jonze, Im and Sheppard would love to take part as we all suspected. I am not too keen on seeing Im returning. Her song was okay, but she seemed so cold to me. But maybe it's just me havin this problem.

Nope, her song has faded a lot for me since 2016.

Preuss

One thing to be noted is that they have a new HoD, so Paul Clarke is supposedly only in charge of the creative vision as of now

I would hate to see Dami return as well because she won't ever top SoS. She wanted to enter Paper Dragon for Australia Decides lol

A-lister

Veteran
An internal selection is no guarantee for a good entry. The only decent entry we got from internal selections imo was Jessica's (and it was still pretty vanilla with a bad presentation) (I don't really count Montaigne here as the year and context was a special exception case as she might have not even been chosen had she not been compensated for the cancelled year).

I know people will mention Dami Im, but I still find that song an utter uninspired bore yuck.... And don't get me started on Isaiah...

So no, internal selections are no guarantee...

Australia needs to get away with the vanilla, safe generic dated stuff already.

Last edited:

Mrlazzyjazzy

If Dami comes back I think DNA will write for her in a heartbeat. So I would be hopeful it wouldn't be a Paper Dragon disaster lol.

Mainshow

Veteran
I agree with you @A-lister

Dam Im's song was lacklustre and just generic. If she hadn't been such an amazing vocalist, she wouldn't have reached Top 5 or even Top 10, imo.
The chorus must have been one of the laziest I've ever heard at Eurovision.

However, I believe that the internally chosen entries were more competitive (in general) than the songs which won Australia Decides but overall, Australia had a promising start but I still believe they could come up with something better.

Mrlazzyjazzy

Delta could win this contest in her sleep. Wings and Believe Again for example. I mean she was fired off The Voice and her last album did just ok so she's in the right space to do it - but I still think she's too proud.

Preuss

If Dami comes back I think DNA will write for her in a heartbeat. So I would be hopeful it wouldn't be a Paper Dragon disaster lol.

She’s not with Sony anymore though. And she’s lately revealed that Sony’s toxic af. I thought DNA mostly worked with Sony artists

Preuss

Delta could win this contest in her sleep. Wings and Believe Again for example. I mean she was fired off The Voice and her last album did just ok so she's in the right space to do it - but I still think she's too proud.

Why was she fired from The Voice? I thought she just quit

I would love Delta to do it as well. It really sucks that she apparently withdrew lastminute in 2016 and Dami was sent instead

Preuss

An internal selection is no guarantee for a good entry. The only decent entry we got from internal selections imo was Jessica's (and it was still pretty vanilla with a bad presentation) (I don't really count Montaigne here as the year and context was a special exception case as she might have not even been chosen had she not been compensated for the cancelled year).

I know people will mention Dami Im, but I still find that song an utter uninspired bore yuck.... And don't get me started on Isaiah...

So no, internal selections are no guarantee...

Australia needs to get away with the vanilla, safe generic dated stuff already.

So I get that you haven’t liked their internail choices, but let’s not pretend like Guy and Dami weren’t legit strong entries that rightfully and expectedly did well xthink

Top Bottom