2 1.3%

8 5.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Esgard

The bigger question is whether or when we see their participation renewed and if so for how long. Odds are that they are sticking around (Russia and Belarus likely out for the long-term; there's no apparent increase in opposition to them being there within the EBU member nations; and any fan opposition hasn't stopped them so far) but would it be another year, five years, or some other amount?

Simon

The bigger question is whether or when we see their participation renewed and if so for how long. Odds are that they are sticking around (Russia and Belarus likely out for the long-term; there's no apparent increase in opposition to them being there within the EBU member nations; and any fan opposition hasn't stopped them so far) but would it be another year, five years, or some other amount?

If Europe kicks us out now I'm prepared to riot. Like Pussy Riot. You with me? Honestly I think we've earnt our chops if we regularly make the final?

I made sure to make the maximum number of votes this year. Plus we’re one of the bigger non-Big 5 countries (25 million population) so I reckon we contribute a fair bit by voting etc.

Hopefully we get another 5 years, or hopefully 10.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
After taking part for 8 years (+ their 2023 participation), I strongly believe that it´s time for the European Broadcasting Union to make Australia the exception to the rule (which it already is). It feels strange to make such a dedicated participant stay in a limbo for a whole decade by presenting them some tiny invitations now and then...

A-lister

Veteran
While I never supported Australia to be in the contest (strictly based on geography and my personal view on the contest, and nothing against Australia as a country which I really like)... I think no one needs to worry about Australia being "kicked out" of the contest or anything, EBU made it very clear that Australia is here to stay (regardless of the public view).

So with that said, I hope the 2022 flop was a lesson for Australia not to go back to those boring jury baits and send something more interesting in 2023.

KoibitoESC

I am very of grateful australia is still in eurovison. The oceanic country is faithful to the competition and have to stay in eurovision of their will.

I hope japan will be in eurovision too someday. I dont think that will happen but I will be very of happy.

AlienSoul

I think that the close-knit Phillipino community voted in a big way for two of the candidates in Australia Decides 2022 (Erika and Sheldon), so the televote results were skewed compared to other years.

A-lister

Veteran
i really hope they switch back to internal selection.

i mean dami im, guy sebastian, jessica mauboy are all amazing, whereas montaigne, sheldon and kate... not the best

I disagree, Dami Im and Guy were big fat MEHs, Jessica's song was alright but with a bad performance, and don't get me started on Isaiah...

Sheldon was in the same league of MEHness, I agree, but all internal selections were just extremely safe entries with no character. Maybe some of those artists are good performers, but the songs...

Although I was rooting for Electric Fields in the NF, to dismiss Kate is just a big no no, that remains the best Australia sent so far. Montaigne was still musically speaking one of the few times Australia at least tried something a bit different.

One of Australia's issues has been how utterly safe and grey most of their entries have been, they make Sweden look like left-field and alternative in the contest :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom