2 1.3%

8 5.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

Paul Clarke has started following Kylie Minogue and her record label Warner on IG recently. He is the Creative Director for Australia and was the Head Of Delegation untill I can't remember if it was last year or the year before.
Kylie's going to Eurovision?? that's really interesting

Deleted member 12761

Still nothing new from Australia? I'm a little bit hyped for their act. I have a feeling they're going to slay.

Simon

Paul Clarke has started following Kylie Minogue and her record label Warner on IG recently. He is the Creative Director for Australia and was the Head Of Delegation untill I can't remember if it was last year or the year before.

This is such a juicy rumour! I mean, it makes a lot of sense. SBS must have a good reason to cancel Australia Decides because it's a fun show that (presumably) makes money and I've been looking forward to.

The other reason is it's officially our last year in Eurovision unless the EBU give us an extension, so Australia will both want to put on a good show and/or go out in style.

Please let it not be the last. This is the best thing in my life every year!

DanielLuis

This is such a juicy rumour! I mean, it makes a lot of sense. SBS must have a good reason to cancel Australia Decides because it's a fun show that (presumably) makes money and I've been looking forward to.

The other reason is it's officially our last year in Eurovision unless the EBU give us an extension, so Australia will both want to put on a good show and/or go out in style.

Please let it not be the last. This is the best thing in my life every year!
Don't worry, there's literally no way the EBU won't invite you back. You'll probably get an idefinite extension following this ESC

Mainshow

Veteran
Without Australia, Eurovision would consist of 36 countries right now and there are countries on the brink of withdrawing due to financial reasons. The EBU will be begging SBS for Australia to continue taking part!

Preuss

Did they tease anything back when Isaiah was announced to compete?

Australia competing in 2015 happened so fast, I guess there was some hype in 2016 because Delta was going to compete, and Jess Mauboy was just randomly announced in December of 2017 lol. I can't remember SBS hype their selections in the first place

Mrlazzyjazzy

Usually we have rumblings, we knew before Isaiah announced that SBS and Sony were struggling to find someone to compete to follow Dami lol. There was rumours Dami was going to do it before she was announced. Guy was rumoured before he was announced. I didn't know Delta was closed to doing it in 2016. My gut feeling is they haven't locked in who it is yet.

Deleted member 12761

I hope they bring back Australia Decides for 2024. I really liked their NF and it's sad that we won't get an Australian NF this year.

Mrlazzyjazzy

I hope they bring back Australia Decides for 2024. I really liked their NF and it's sad that we won't get an Australian NF this year.
Nah I'm good with internal selections. That guarantees at least people signed with a major label, and better staging etc. The fact that we had three or 4 people repeat in the last format shows that we were reaching the bottom of the barrel of who would participate in a national selection.

Deleted member 12761

Nah I'm good with internal selections. That guarantees at least people signed with a major label, and better staging etc. The fact that we had three or 4 people repeat in the last format shows that we were reaching the bottom of the barrel of who would participate in a national selection.
Yeah but I like NFs. The NF season is kinda the highlight of Eurovision (to me at least). Melodifestivalen, Sanremo, UMK etc. Eurovision wouldn't be the same without them and Australia Decides was pretty good imo. I do hope that it means they have a big name for 2023.

DanielLuis

So incredibly weird for them to reveal the entry out of absolutely nowhere with no hype nor even any previous announcements whatsoever.
It'll either be something bombastic or something embarrassingly uncompetitive, no inbetween.

Top Bottom