8 5.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Have we already reached the point of thinking a crounty won't be qualifying without knowing any entries because that particular country hadn't qualified once out of 6 semi final participations?

Even Sheldon would have qualified under the new rules despite his mediocre song.

AlienSoul

Given their silence, I wonder if SBS are going to withdraw and Sheldon's will be Australia's Swan Song.

(I think summer is having a negative effect on my mood :LOL:)

Preuss

Australia’s always qualified with the televote except Isaiah. I think they’ll be fine this year

And the semi seems to be the less competitive one just based on track records…

Mrlazzyjazzy

"As news rolls out about the 67th Eurovision Song Contest, we understand loyal Eurovision fans are eager to find out who will represent Australia this year in Liverpool. The wait is almost over and we look forward to revealing who will take the prized spot on the biggest stage in the near future. We are proud to continue to be the home of the Eurovision Song Contest, and in 2023, celebrate 40 years of broadcasting Eurovision to all Australians."

MopManMoss

Veteran
Australia announcing charles wont be on their currency and possible artist announcement very soon, what a fantastic week of aussie news

AlienSoul

"As news rolls out about the 67th Eurovision Song Contest, we understand loyal Eurovision fans are eager to find out who will represent Australia this year in Liverpool. The wait is almost over and we look forward to revealing who will take the prized spot on the biggest stage in the near future. We are proud to continue to be the home of the Eurovision Song Contest, and in 2023, celebrate 40 years of broadcasting Eurovision to all Australians."

Glad that SBS has lifted the Cone of Silence :)

Mainshow

Veteran
No lol. Considering they're pretty close to inviting New Zealand Australia is safe

Are you sure abut that?
Eurovision has never had such dedicated fans in NZ; NZ doesn't even broadcast the contest anymore despite Australia taking part (they stopped in 2016 after two years) and demographically speaking, NZ is also a different case....I don't think it will be happening.

Simon

No lol. Considering they're pretty close to inviting New Zealand Australia is safe

Did you make that up because literally no one else thinks that’s even remotely possible or true?

Knowing the Kiwi’s they probably stopped broadcasting cause they couldn’t handle the fact Australia was there and they weren’t. ;)

Mrlazzyjazzy

New Zealand can be part of an increasingly global Eurovision Song Contest if Kiwis show enough interest, an EU representative says.

Preparations are now well underway for the next contest, which this year will be held in Britain, where it will be co-hosted by Ukraine.

The contest brings together not only nations in Europe, but parts of the Middle East and even Australia.

The EU ambassador to New Zealand, Nina Obermaier, thinks Aotearoa would look pretty good in there too, and she has some ideas on how to make that happen.

Obermaier told Morning Report there was no reason why New Zealand could not be involved if it showed a bit of enthusiasm.

The contest brings together not only nations in Europe, but in parts of the Middle East and even Australia. Obermaier said Canada would be jumping on board.

Simon

There was actually an NZ documentary/story about Eurovision made by some fans I saw somewhere, probably it’s on YouTube, and they literally asked Jon Ola Sand if there was any chance NZ could be in Eurovision, and he somewhat diplomatically and assertively said something along the lines of:

“There are no plans for NZ to participate. Australia is a special case because they’ve broadcasted the show for 35 years (40 this year). To have a chance, NZ would actually have to broadcast the show for a start.”

So apparently they did—for two years—and then gave up.

There is no debate.

Simon

Wasn't expecting the dragging, I misinterpreted that article I'm sorry lol.

No dragging. It’s all love here. Sorry if my words were less gentile than they should’ve been. We love NZ. Half a million or at least 1 in 10 Kiwis live in Australia, so they have every right to participate when they’re here. And now as the international vote!

Mrlazzyjazzy

Paul Clarke has started following Kylie Minogue and her record label Warner on IG recently. He is the Creative Director for Australia and was the Head Of Delegation untill I can't remember if it was last year or the year before.

Top Bottom