8 5.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
I think that Delta is quite overrated amongst Eurovision fans. She's talented, for sure, but I don't see her winning Eurovision "just like that". She's no Adele and even her can fail (by not finishing #1) if she enters with tracks like "I Drink Wine".

0scar

I love Dami Im and Australia is my 2016 winner but please Dami don't come back!!! Winning is literally the only way to top 2016 and winning is HARD

hijirio

Veteran
Dami better come up with a solid entry, it's a SONG contest. Her song that was rumored to be written for ESC was just not it.
Your voice alone will not get you anywhere if your song is weak, and we have a very recent example from Australia 2022.

hijirio

Veteran
I agree with you @A-lister

Dam Im's song was lacklustre and just generic. If she hadn't been such an amazing vocalist, she wouldn't have reached Top 5 or even Top 10, imo.
The chorus must have been one of the laziest I've ever heard at Eurovision.

However, I believe that the internally chosen entries were more competitive (in general) than the songs which won Australia Decides but overall, Australia had a promising start but I still believe they could come up with something better.

I agree, the song was quite generic in studio version but the vocal revamp she delivered in the live show really elevated it and did away with the generic aspect of the entry. It sounded like a different song. Add to that the staging, the outfit, whole package looked so slick, expensive and complete.

A-lister

Veteran
So I get that you haven’t liked their internail choices, but let’s not pretend like Guy and Dami weren’t legit strong entries that rightfully and expectedly did well xthink

It's called different taste, I found both of them legit generic and that's it. I would never seek out to listen to any of these songs ever again, and never did.

But each to their own of course.

Mainshow

Veteran
I agree, the song was quite generic in studio version but the vocal revamp she delivered in the live show really elevated it and did away with the generic aspect of the entry. It sounded like a different song. Add to that the staging, the outfit, whole package looked so slick, expensive and complete.
I agree with you! - The performance almost made me vote for her despite me not liking the song at all :D xD

Mrlazzyjazzy

Why was she fired from The Voice? I thought she just quit

I would love Delta to do it as well. It really sucks that she apparently withdrew lastminute in 2016 and Dami was sent instead
She wanted more money and she was too expensive for channel 7 so they dumped her along with Kelly and Boy George

Mrlazzyjazzy

She’s not with Sony anymore though. And she’s lately revealed that Sony’s toxic af. I thought DNA mostly worked with Sony artists
True but they do have a publishing deal with Universal. With that said who knows seems like all they've done this year is one song on Delta's album and three songs on The Veronicas.

AlienSoul

I wonder if SBS doing an internal selection for 2023 means that they don't plan to continue participation in Eurovision after the current contract expires?

Mainshow

Veteran
I wonder if SBS doing an internal selection for 2023 means that they don't plan to continue participation in Eurovision after the current contract expires?
For a second, I thought of Australia not being part of Eurovision anymore (I mean, if the Rest of The World voting turns out to be a success, Australia might be "allowed" to vote that way from 2024 on?) but honestly, I believe that Australia has already become a member of the Eurovision family.
I know that a few fans treat the country differently but I don´t see it as "an invited addition to the contest" anymore.

Personally, I hope that they will continue being part of Eurovision.

HayashiM

Veteran
For a second, I thought of Australia not being part of Eurovision anymore (I mean, if the Rest of The World voting turns out to be a success, Australia might be "allowed" to vote that way from 2024 on?) but honestly, I believe that Australia has already become a member of the Eurovision family.
I know that a few fans treat the country differently but I don´t see it as "an invited addition to the contest" anymore.

Personally, I hope that they will continue being part of Eurovision.

I agree, I hope they remain. I really wish they could improve their game a bit, though - out of eight, there has been only one Australian entry I'd really loved.

Mainshow

Veteran
I agree, I hope they remain. I really wish they could improve their game a bit, though - out of eight, there has been only one Australian entry I'd really loved.

Same here.
Australia had only been in my personal Top 10 "once" (back in 2015) - and even though I still like the entry very much.. I don´t think that I "love" it - Australia usually had well-executed and well-produced songs but somehow they feel a bit generic.

Mrlazzyjazzy

I don't think Dami will be doing it, the fact that no one has reached out to her and she's publically expressing interest seems to me like she's not in contention lol.

Preuss

Nah, I don't believe SBS will opt for Dami unless they've got the funds to provide a competitive entry in Liverpool.

I don't remember the exact amount back in 2019, but the cost of Kate's entry was financed by the crowdfund, SBS the broadcaster, and the Aussie government of culture or something. I feel like SBS will go for someone who's signed to a label, though it may not be Sony this time xthink

Mrlazzyjazzy

Nah, I don't believe SBS will opt for Dami unless they've got the funds to provide a competitive entry in Liverpool.

I don't remember the exact amount back in 2019, but the cost of Kate's entry was financed by the crowdfund, SBS the broadcaster, and the Aussie government of culture or something. I feel like SBS will go for someone who's signed to a label, though it may not be Sony this time xthink
Yep. Definitely after the news with no juries votes in the semi they will need a big label as they staging will need to be on point for us to qualify without juries.

Preuss

Yep. Definitely after the news with no juries votes in the semi they will need a big label as they staging will need to be on point for us to qualify without juries.

And Australia's best stagings have come when SJB wasn't involved. Do not hire her

Mrlazzyjazzy

If we send Voyager, Dami or Jaguar - we do not deserve to participate anymore. That officially shows no one wants to do it.

Mainshow

Veteran
If we send Voyager, Dami or Jaguar - we do not deserve to participate anymore. That officially shows no one wants to do it.

I honestly believe that there are tons of artists willing to perform at Eurovision in Liverpool - even some exposure or a minor "hit" in the UK is interesting to all participants... I can totally see record labels wanting to push a few artists that way as well.

Preuss

Sad but true

SBS has always had a list of people they wanted to do it, but it seemed like a hard task to get them to do Eurovision. Like Dami wasn’t the first choice, and neither was Isaiah. Guy was the first choice but I don’t think he willingly did it without some deals behind the scenes. Also in 2018 SBS was supposed to go with an artist signed to Universal until Sony came with a better offer that led to nothing in Lisbon I’m afraid

Top Bottom