So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

I mean, going by how Australia votes in the televote, they do vote for all sort of stuff that prove to be popular among the fans and end up doing great, so then it's just a matter of presenting these types of songs in a national final

rasmuslights

Veteran
wow i'm surprised you like the 2019 better... the only song I liked in 2019 was from Sheppard... all others were kinda trash tbh...
in 2020 we had Montaigne, Jaguar Jonze, Didirri and Vanessa!

Preuss

I'm still listening to "On My Way" and "2000 and Whatever", those songs were just great -- but seeing all the acts live, Kate already won me over back then, solidifying what a strong national final it was for me

2020 was by no means bad, just not as great imo. All those acts you mentioned + Casey were pretty great, but it lacked the spark that the 2019 NF had. I doubt Montaigne would've won it if she competed in the 2019 NF

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm still listening to "On My Way" and "2000 and Whatever", those songs were just great -- but seeing all the acts live, Kate already won me over back then, solidifying what a strong national final it was for me

2020 was by no means bad, just not as great imo. All those acts you mentioned + Casey were pretty great, but it lacked the spark that the 2019 NF had. I doubt Montaigne would've won it if she competed in the 2019 NF

yeah that is true... tastes differ! :)

crashworld

Veteran
Eurovision fans in Australia seems to be quite tasteless... I can still remember how they gave like 12 pts to Belgium's "What's The Pressure"

The disrespect to Laura and her song should not be tolerated, and she gave Belgium one of the best results in 2010s.
She deserves every 12 points.

A-lister

Veteran
Australia has gone downhill since they introduced their national finals.
Eurovision fans in Australia seems to be quite tasteless...

That's funny, I think since they introduced the NF they finally started sending some interesting stuff to Eurovision, before that they had the most generic conventional stuff one can imagine, even Sweden and Denmark seemed imaginative compared to what Australia would send.

And if it wasn't for Australian NF's, I would have never had the pleasure to get this song in my life (which literary would have been one of the best ESC entries of the past decade if it would have won).

I'm dreading Australia now will go back to sending some über conventional stuff again xshrug

Preuss

Australia has legit only had one entry since the start of their NF, which was Kate. Montaigne won with a DNA song only a year later though so…

Electric Fields had a banger of a song, but I’m certain they wouldn’t ever top Kate’s performance as their live version of the song at Australia Decides left a lot to be desired, both vocally and visually…

A-lister

Veteran
Australia has legit only had one entry since the start of their NF, which was Kate. Montaigne won with a DNA song only a year later though so…

True that, people complain about Australian NF's but technically we've only had one Australian NF entry in Eurovision thus far as 2020 was cancelled and the 2021 entry was internally chosen.

Electric Fields had a banger of a song, but I’m certain they wouldn’t ever top Kate’s performance as their live version of the song at Australia Decides left a lot to be desired, both vocally and visually…

The song is pure bliss, but yeah the performance wasn't too great but we will never know with some months of preparation how it could have ended up in Eurovision, but Kate was still a legit choice.

Last edited:

I bims

Veteran
It was good enough vocally and well they did not have the funds to make a big show visually. If they would've been chosen they would receive the necessary budget for the eurovision stage to make it a big moment. But Kate in the end had one of the greatest stagings ever in eurovision... sadly the song was tragic.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Well, I'm the only one who was rooting for Sheppard - I was a fan of them before they entered AD so that explains it.

I thought both Electric Fields and Kate were trying to do something different, which it was, but both of them were quite cringy for me.

Preuss

True that, people complain about Australian NF's but technically we've only had one Australian NF entry in Eurovision thus far as 2020 was cancelled and the 2021 entry was internally chosen.

The song is pure bliss, but yeah the performance wasn't too great but we will never know with some months of preparation how it could have ended up in Eurovision, but Kate was still a legit choice.
But it’s interesting that Montaigne felt she had to do «Don’t Break Me» in order to win, and not submitting anything more similar to her own style, such as «Technicolour… but given how Australia’s voted over the years, popgeneric acts and songs are definitely not what the public would only go for
It was good enough vocally and well they did not have the funds to make a big show visually. If they would've been chosen they would receive the necessary budget for the eurovision stage to make it a big moment. But Kate in the end had one of the greatest stagings ever in eurovision... sadly the song was tragic.

They used a lot of playback during the chorus lol, you could barely hear them. But to be fair, all acts at Australia Decides look really cheap, like, the budget is like 100 dollars for each act lmao

Kate’s song was divisive, not tragic!!

Mimmon

Veteran
I see Australia loves to send something risky and they should keep sending it...
Anything really Im really intrested to see diffrent genres for Australia Decides

Simon

Y’all I met Jack Vidgen at a club in Sydney last weekend and let’s just say I have a hunch this isn’t the last we’ve seen of him xcrazy

but fr it was so funny, i was behind him in the line at the bar but he thought i was lining up to speak to him so he turned around and said hello, so i just went with it and ended up getting a photo with the bloke ahahaha he’s so awkward in person xheart

I've seen him around Surry Hills too. Really loved his performance and he was my pick to win! I just hope they do Australia Decides again. It's good to see all the talent in the final that doesn't make it to Eurovision and a national final will expose more.

I got Vanessa Amorosi's song stuck in my head for ages after that show, too.

Simon

Australia has gone downhill since they introduced their national finals.
Eurovision fans in Australia seems to be quite tasteless... I can still remember how they gave like 12 pts to Belgium's "What's The Pressure" and thus, I somehow agree with @Ianp16 's hypothesis....

I agree on Free Britney. On the rest, not so much. :p

Top Bottom