So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluke

Did you post this in the wrong thread Australia is going to be carried through this semi by the juries
Not sure, they've hated "artsy", serious songs before, that have unusual, especially operatic vocals (which this kinda is), like Cezar which this resembles a bit, so don't count on them to support this.

Zeus

Man, that sounded great.

No way that the juries will not have this in top 3 of this semi.

Mainshow

Veteran
Man, that sounded great.

No way that the juries will not have this in top 3 of this semi.

Agree.. Top 3 in the juries - they could put :az: inside their Top 3 as well (Nadir sounded equally amazing and equally nailed all notes) but we all know that they will al go crazy about Australia - despite it not having a great "melody structure" imo.

Qualification deserved based on the vocals, I´d say but it lacks originality (in terms of composition, imo).

Courtzer

Not sure, they've hated "artsy", serious songs before, that have unusual, especially operatic vocals (which this kinda is), like Cezar which this resembles a bit, so don't count on them to support this.
You literally picked one of the only operatic songs that the juries didn't rate
La Forza, Grande Amore, and Zero Gravity all finished 6th with juries and I think this will be similar

Mainshow

Veteran
Just posted this in the General Discussion Thread:
NO TELEVOTING from Australia this year @Kaz @Simon

EBU allows :au: to let an online voting replace entire the televoting!

I repeat: There will be NO TELEVOTING for Australia this year!

Actually, I think that this is utterly outrageous and a punch in the face of :sm: which has to deal with "fake, randomly calculated televoting points [a combination of Albania, Cyprus, Greece and maybe Italian votes]".

Bobjan FR

Just posted this in the General Discussion Thread:
NO TELEVOTING from Australia this year @Kaz @Simon

EBU allows :au: to let an online voting replace entire the televoting!

I repeat: There will be NO TELEVOTING for Australia this year!

Actually, I think that this is utterly outrageous and a punch in the face of :sm: which has to deal with "fake, randomly calculated televoting points [a combination of Albania, Cyprus, Greece and maybe Italian votes]".

Yeah, i saw this, but looking at the article, it seems this online vote has the same restrictions of a normal televote : 20 votes maximum, you have to pay to send a vote... So, i think there is not a problem ? If it was something like the vote for junior eurovision, i would say it's an horrible idea, but like this, i don't disapprove. (But yes, why not use the same for san marino ?)

Fluke

Vocals and overall performance good, as expected. I think the white "wedding dress" really didn't suit the song, it's too glamorous and confuses the dark, pensive message of the song. At least they're in the final now, but i think this felt odd and pretentious, it probably doesn't really connect with most viewers.

midnightsun

Veteran
He was AMAZING tonight!!! And I‘m so glad he chose the white outfit. I liked both colours but think about what happened to Finland 2017. Sad sad song and black clothes don’t go well together, it’s a bit too much. He absolutely nailed it. Best voice, on par with Ochman together.

JamieBrown

The entry was a downer moment for me. Intimate, rough, saddening. And I did not know I wanted that.

Not the biggest fan of drama, but I want to listen to him.

Zeus

For me, it was the best performance of the night. Mostly by vocals, but also staging worked quite well for me, Sheldons stage presence.. Really good.

I think he did really good with the juries. I even think he still got a decent televote score, altough I think he will struggle a bit with the televotes in the final.

But that's okay. He goes to the final and he will end in the top 20 due to a good juryscore at least. I'm proud of him.

Mainshow

Veteran
For me, it was the best performance of the night. Mostly by vocals, but also staging worked quite well for me, Sheldons stage presence.. Really good.

I think he did really good with the juries. I even think he still got a decent televote score, altough I think he will struggle a bit with the televotes in the final.

But that's okay. He goes to the final and he will end in the top 20 due to a good juryscore at least. I'm proud of him.

Same here - I had goosebumps - his vocals hit me and it was visually interesting - also, I think that him being less "theatrical" (despite still being extra/special/visually stunning) helped to improve the overall performance experience.

(and I had "Not The Same" in my Bottom 5 this year).

Zeus

I still don't mind a little bit of emotion before the big note. Unlike many others, for me his emotions felt genuine. And his story indeed is quite personal and emotional, so yeah.

Mainshow

Veteran
Also, I think that it´s crazy that all three entries BEFORE him as well as all three entries AFTER him didn´t qualify.

Of course, most of them were borderline qualifiers (San Marino, Cyprus, Malta, Ireland) but maybe him having outshone all of them by his incredible, emotional and memorable performance has been part of the reason(s) as well?

Top Bottom