So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

Charley’s song is really beautiful

I’m not sure how competitive these released songs will be in Eurovision, but it’s shaping up to be a very enjoyable NF

LoveTw

Wow! Charley's song is winning me over after listening to the final version. Sheldon better bring his A game or I'm team Charley all the way.

Zeus

I watched Sheldon Rileys (second?) blind audition with The Voice (Frozen), that was impressive. Also nice to see someone with his own style at least. Curious what he have to bring with his song. Not a big fan of the other entries so far. All a bit flat if you ask me (and that rockband lacks creativity with their song).

crashworld

Veteran
I am playing catch up, currently listening the tracks on Spotify. So far, they are pretty meh.

Edit:
My ranking so far for 7 tracks after listening the tracks twice.
  1. Jude York - There is something magical & fairytale-like in the production of the track. Weirdly, it reminded me of a Disney track. I kinda like it though. The only track added into my Spotify playlist.
  2. Voyager - The track stood out to me because it's so different from the rest. It's a pretty decent pop-rock track. But sounds a little dated. Something that you get in the late 2000s/early 2010s. The vocalist somehow sounds like Pete Burns from Dead or Alive.
  3. Jaguar Jonze = Charley = Isaiah Firebrace and Evie Irie - They sound almost the same to me, just different shades of beige. I don't have a particular strong feeling towards them. They are just alright.
  4. Paulini - This is your dated Australia pop track that you may find on Young Divas' album. It could have been good back in late 2000s, 15 years too late. The lyrics are pretty cringey. But vocally, she sounds great.
  5. Andrew Lambrou - "Electrify" reminded me of Cyprus 2020 somehow. An uninspiring house/trance music track that you won't remember how it sounds like after you listened to it.
Quite disappointing not going to lie. Hopefully the other 4 songs are going to be good. Because if Australia pick any of the released track as the ESC entry, I can't see myself rooting for them.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Wow. Sheldon´s voice is absolutely gorgeous as always.

The song´s arrangement is quit effective and beautiful but I think that it´s dragging a bit. Singing "I´m not the same" for more than 30 seconds in a chorus is way too repetitive.
Sheldon has been on my wishlist for some time now and even though I absolutely adore his voice, I think that the songs by Voyager and Jaguar Jonze are better.

Still a 8/10 from me - and probably Top 3 jury material.

mauve

Veteran
Wow. Sheldon´s voice is absolutely gorgeous as always.

The song´s arrangement is quit effective and beautiful but I think that it´s dragging a bit. Singing "I´m not the same" for more than 30 seconds in a chorus is way too repetitive.
Sheldon has been on my wishlist for some time now and even though I absolutely adore his voice, I think that the songs by Voyager and Jaguar Jonze are better.

Still a 8/10 from me - and probably Top 3 jury material.
Same here. Great voice, but it sounds a bit too repetitive in the chorus. Additionally I am missing the last "click" here. My two faves still Voyager and Jonze so far.

DirtyFalcon

It's a very solid song from Sheldon but i've expected him to give us the ESC winning song this year so compared to my expectations, it's a bit underwhelming. However it's still a solid Top 10 if it goes to Turin if not Top 5 because i can see big a good staging potential with this, but not a winner. Voyager is still my favourite of the selection

Preuss

Stunning, third time I got goosebumps this year. Though he posted a snippet that sounded quite epic, which is not in the song, I was looking forward to that

Would do really good in ESC, I imagine

LoveTw

Okay. Now I'm team Charley & Sheldon. These two can at least score high with the jury votes.

I bims

Veteran
Stunning, third time I got goosebumps this year. Though he posted a snippet that sounded quite epic, which is not in the song, I was looking forward to that
I was waiting for that moment to happen and now not hearing it really bothers me. The song builds up nicely but doesn't relieve the tension really and that snippet had that relief I'm missing.

But I still love the song.

Top Bottom