So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

tsegaye

I get that some of you think that Dreamer sounds progressive within the rock sound but the genre mesh only sounds dated to me. The song sounds the best when "only" the rock elements are present, but even then there's really nothing special about itxshrug Would be very surprised if this went on to win Australia Decides though.

Mainshow

Veteran
Wow. Pauline's snippet is utterly horrendous ridiculous and pretentious lyrics. Lazily-written it sounds so cheap and trashy it hurts...
I expected so much more from her.
What the hell.

Preuss

Yeah Paulini sounds awful lol

but the little snippets of Sheldon’s song sounds amazing. I think it’s his to lose at this point

HectorDM

Three new songs for Australia Decides were released today. We can expect lyric videos on YouTube soon:
Jaguar Jonze - Little Fires (8/10)
Isaiah Firebrace & Evie Irie - When I'm With You (7/10)
Paulini - We Are One (4/10)

Looren

Veteran
Both three of them are 10/10 imo, Jaguar's song is stunningly beautiful and probably my fave of the NF so far

Mainshow

Veteran
Both three of them are 10/10 imo, Jaguar's song is stunningly beautiful and probably my fave of the NF so far
honey, you´re killing me! Even that utterly horrendous Paulini song? :D

I absolutely love your unconditional love for all these NF entries, though. May Godney bless you.

Looren

Veteran
honey, you´re killing me! Even that utterly horrendous Paulini song? :D

I absolutely love your unconditional love for all these NF entries, though. May Godney bless you.

I was not hyped at all for Paulini but I loved her song, and the backing vocalists are amazing

mauve

Veteran
Couldn't find Jonze on youtube yet, only a snippet, it sounds okay, but doesn't impress me. Isaiah Firebrace & Evie Irie is quite lame and boring. Still team Dreamer! xheart

Mainshow

Veteran
"When I´m With You" is a bit generic and uneventful. I wouldn´t mind it on the radio but it is too non-competitive for Eurovision. I expected more from Isaiah.

mauve

Veteran
Jonze's song is okay, but it doesn't convince me and would go under at ESC, I believe. The part around 1:40 reminds me so much of a song that I can't think of right now. A slow rock song in the 90's (I believe it was). @RainyWoods Care to help me out? Last time you were good ("Wicked games") ... the verses go something like "I am a saint, I am a sinner"? :unsure: Something like this haunts me forever when I don't remember! :)

Anyway. Still team Voyager!

Mimmon

Veteran
Jonze's song is okay, but it doesn't convince me and would go under at ESC, I believe. The part around 1:40 reminds me so much of a song that I can't think of right now. A slow rock song in the 90's (I believe it was). @RainyWoods Care to help me out? Last time you were good ("Wicked games") ... the verses go something like "I am a saint, I am a sinner"? :unsure: Something like this haunts me forever when I don't remember! :)

Anyway. Still team Voyager!
For me this or Voyager for the win...
But I think Voyager could do amazing in Eurovision

Mainshow

Veteran
I am really surprised by Jonze´s song. I know that she is a very talented artist but I think that this song is really good and superior to her other "Australia Decides" attempt. I agree with @mauve though, it has a simple/classic rock ballad structure but honestly, I don´t think that this is a disadvantage. Her voice can really shine on this track.

My clear favourite remains "Dreamer" by Voyager BUT I wouldn´t be utterly sad if "Little Fries" wins this selection.

Top Bottom