So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluke

Australia has been doing amazingly well with their last two (three, depending on how you see it) entries. One of the few countries where one can say there's no real need to change anything. Keep on doing it and eventually you might achieve your first win, though you still won't get to host it... :rolleyes:

CPV4931

Dami Im mentioned in last year´s NF that she is going to participate in NF 2021... this didn´t take place, so maybe 2022? :-)

Lance Esgard

Dami Im more recently said that she now is unsure about participating in 2022. She told Eurovoix:

I honestly don’t know [about Australia Decides 2022]. With everything that’s happening, you just don’t know what’s going to happen. I might do it, I might not. I just want to get a bit closer to it and see how it feels. I’ve done it once, I’d love to be able to do it again but I’m just not sure when.

“Paper Dragon” was the song I was really considering as my Eurovision song. I think it would’ve been such a fun song and so different from “Sound of Silence”.

Preuss

Yeah no Dami doesn't need to return

Samantha Jade on the other hand... she needs to give it a shot!!

• Like It
Reactions: Kaz

Preuss

I want Delta Goodrem or the Veronicas.. love their music.

Dami more or less confirmed Delta was gonna do it in 2016... and the Veronicas have been rumored to do it as well but never gonne

I think the chances are more or less zero that they'll participate now that Australia has a national final and they've been competing for a couple of years

rasmuslights

Veteran
Dami more or less confirmed Delta was gonna do it in 2016... and the Veronicas have been rumored to do it as well but never gonne

I think the chances are more or less zero that they'll participate now that Australia has a national final and they've been competing for a couple of years

I doubt they wanna participate in a nf though.. :(

Preuss

I doubt they wanna participate in a nf though.. :(

Yeah there's the problem, but I don't think SBS was able to get their biggest act to do Eurovision anyway since Dami wasn't even their first choice for Eurovision and I'd doubt they'd go for Isaiah if there were other acts willing to do Eurovision. Guy Sebastian and Jess Mauboy were big names but I'm sure Guy only did it because it was Australia's first time and Jess probably just wanted to Eurovision herself

So I think Australia "struggles" with getting their big big stars to do Eurovision - as every country in Europe basically does, such as we where artists like Astrid S, Sigrid, Aurora, etc... won't take part

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah there's the problem, but I don't think SBS was able to get their biggest act to do Eurovision anyway since Dami wasn't even their first choice for Eurovision and I'd doubt they'd go for Isaiah if there were other acts willing to do Eurovision. Guy Sebastian and Jess Mauboy were big names but I'm sure Guy only did it because it was Australia's first time and Jess probably just wanted to Eurovision herself

So I think Australia "struggles" with getting their big big stars to do Eurovision - as every country in Europe basically does, such as we where artists like Astrid S, Sigrid, Aurora, etc... won't take part

yeah true.. I think mostly Western Europe struggles with it.. Eastern Europe + Italy, Cyprus, Greece and also Portugal aren't like that..

Preuss

oh to be fair, I know very little about Eastern Europe and the music scene there... Italy's artists don't necessarily take part in Sanremo to enter Eurovision though, which really is their strength

rasmuslights

Veteran
oh to be fair, I know very little about Eastern Europe and the music scene there... Italy's artists don't necessarily take part in Sanremo to enter Eurovision though, which really is their strength

I'd say all Manizha, Albina, Hurricane, Elena Tsagrinou, Roxen, Efendi, all 3 baltic artists .. are well known in their countries I think :)

Preuss

Listened to Samantha Jade the other day... and she's got what it takes to do Australia proud and bring them back into the top 5 again, which is actually five years ago since it last happened wtf

Kaz

I just really hope that our NQ this year doesn't make SBS cave, and fall back into sending soulless generic crap a la 2016-2018 Australia. Even though I personally didn't like Zero Gravity, Don't Break Me, or Technicolour that much, I think we were definitely heading in the right direction of taking risks and rewarding creativity and originality - and i'm glad that the public have voted for these to win our NFs each year.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I just really hope that our NQ this year doesn't make SBS cave, and fall back into sending soulless generic crap a la 2016-2018 Australia. Even though I personally didn't like Zero Gravity, Don't Break Me, or Technicolour that much, I think we were definitely heading in the right direction of taking risks and rewarding creativity and originality - and i'm glad that the public have voted for these to win our NFs each year.

I kinda liked generic Australia from 2016-2018! I also loved 2020... we will see.. :)

Preuss

Don't Break Me is just as generic as 2016-2018 entries though, it just had Montaigne's vision, which to be fair was quite the mess -- though the ideas for Eurovision were kinda great. "2000 and Whatever" is such a bop , listened to it again today as I went for a run and it's just great

Though given SBS non-financial resources, I don't see how they would afford a NF lol... especially because the acts look like they're made up of a budget of 100 dollars. SBS didn't give a crap about Montaigne though, shame shame shame, it's really unfair

And God, I do not want to see Dami Im again next year, but girl is still heavily into Eurovision, just look at her YT channel

rasmuslights

Veteran
Don't Break Me is just as generic as 2016-2018 entries though, it just had Montaigne's vision, which to be fair was quite the mess -- though the ideas for Eurovision were kinda great. "2000 and Whatever" is such a bop , listened to it again today as I went for a run and it's just great

Though given SBS non-financial resources, I don't see how they would afford a NF lol... especially because the acts look like they're made up of a budget of 100 dollars. SBS didn't give a crap about Montaigne though, shame shame shame, it's really unfair

And God, I do not want to see Dami Im again next year, but girl is still heavily into Eurovision, just look at her YT channel

lol that comment about Dami hahaha...

yeah but it is returning, right, Australia Decides that is? I would love to see the Veronicas and Delta Goodrem tbh!

Top Bottom