So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
@Mimmon

Thanks for the songs xheart

I really like Charley's voice, Voyager are good also

Sean Milley-Moore's voice is... wow, so emotional

Preuss

okay this announcement was a bit of a letdown really... SBS has usually announced the heavyweights first, so I suppose Jaguar Jonze and Sheldon Riley might be the favorites going in to the competition

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Unfortunately, that Norwegian karaoke act is the second pandemic of our generation, one that we've been enduring for even longer than Covid.

Kaz

Jaguar Jonze had a really interesting interview on the most recent episode of the Aussievision podcast.
She got quite emotional when talking about her life over the past two years (between Covid and the Me Too movement) and said that lockdown really gave her a lot of time to put her heart and soul into her craft.
She said that she took a holistic approach to writing her Eurovision song, and also worked on the staging/performance as it is part of her artistic practice. She wrote 7 songs but selected the winner as she described it as 'the best song she's ever written'.
She also hinted that the message of the song is focused around a kind of community spirit/unity, which leads me to believe that the song will be in reference to her involvement in the Me Too movement. I'm so excited for her omfgggggggg

Preuss

I’m the most excited for Sheldon and Jaguar. They have the potential to give us something spectacular, interesting, and unique

Lance Esgard

Another Australia Decides 2022 news that...
We going to have 11 acts appeartly...as ''Tick Tock Wildcard act''
Source:https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=3030264587225075

and Keiino will be guests
The TikTok Wildcard is not limited to an individual and could at least hypothetically be a group of up to six people.

...I'm glad I'm not judging it.

There's only four requirements: be from Australia; be 16+; have no more than six people; and go for no more than a minute. It is explicitly said that there are no limits on how many times one can submit, so between that and how all you need to submit is to throw in a hashtag, there is potential for... unintended consequences.

Not against the principle of the idea, but it could be something that looks better on paper than how it turns out in reality.

Oh, the name Voyager sounded familiar...they were one of those special mentions that didn't quite make it from back in 2020. So they aren't one of those 'only applying due to Maneskin' rock or rock-adjacent acts (by no means suggesting such acts are unwelcome to apply).

Last edited:

Kaz

Hopefully this time they will let their artist to leave Australia.
Our borders are now (mostly) open, so there shouldn't be any issues this year. Although, I say this while today we recorded the second-highest number of daily Covid cases so far. So it's all still a bit unpredictable.

theditz83

Veteran
According to Google, there were 2 new cases in Australia on Wednesday.

Meanwhile in the UK, there were 77,000. And we're still traveling around like no-one's business. Australia will be fine I'm sure, just depends if their ministers value the arts enough to allow their act to travel I guess xthink

Preuss

And whether SBS wants to pay or not, no?? let's not forget that Kate had to raise a crowdfunded to fund some of her entry, lmao

Top Bottom