So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeus

Also, I think that it´s crazy that all three entries BEFORE him as well as all three entries AFTER him didn´t qualify.

Of course, most of them were borderline qualifiers (San Marino, Cyprus, Malta, Ireland) but maybe him having outshone all of them by his incredible, emotional and memorable performance has been part of the reason(s) as well?
Yeah I think so.

Especially San Marino was hurt by it.

Mrlazzyjazzy

I was pleasantly surprised by the staging too, the lighting was great and actually loved the stairs coming together. Added a cinematic element to it. If we can get a top ten from this I will be beyond thrilled.

midnightsun

Veteran
I went through posts on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, other SocialMedia… and I was surprised by the huge number of German people saying they voted for Australia. (I mean, I did too.) I wonder if Sheldon was in our top 10 televote. Of course he was a jury favourite. But maybe he did great in the televote as well!

Datura

maybe this was discussed before, but has anyone noticed that his microphone stand when he took off his mask was "broken"? he tried to fix it but it didn't work so he kept the mic in his hands. very professional and u could not hear any insecurity in his voice when that happened.
i just noticed it because on instagram the eurovision account posted that video snippet (i think from the jury show) and the mic stand was much higher there and he was able to take his mask off with both hands

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
I noticed something was off but I didn’t notice the mic. I just saw he had problems with the mask and was unsure when and how soon to take it off.

Preuss

Here to hope he can pull off a good result. I can see this one go all ways really, but I’m curious about the juries because it does feel like it depends on them, even when I could see some televote love

Gitte

Why do people think it will do bad in the televote? It's memorable melodrama with a backstory. Less extravagant than australia 2019, but attractive to the same sort of people

(Me)

Preuss

I can see it do well with the public, like maybe a hundred points or so, but I can also see it do bad. I think it’s really hard to judge this one because when he takes his mask off and reveals his face, it’s a moment that the audience could remember. It’s powerful along with the message of the song.

Also not sure how it will do with the juries. Like top ten for sure, but top 3 or 6-7th? It does feel like it needs jurylove to be 100% certain that it will finish top ten

Last edited:

Simon

I was a doubter, but having read about him and his performance in the second semi, I hope he does really well. Worth a top 10 easily!

Sorry for being a doubter! Of course I can't vote for my country but wishing Sheldon the best.

Simon

I say this every year. But I don't think Europeans realise how big Eurovision is in Australia despite the time difference! I've been watching 20+ years easily.

I lived with an Italian girl in Sydney and she didn't know about it which was funny. I think that was during their absence though. I also dated a Finish guy in Sydney just after Lordi won, so he should know how seriously we take it. Eurovision pub and house parties have been a thing for many years.

We aren't just gatecrashers. Australia looks to Europe. We wish we were there...stuck on the other side of the world! Love you all!

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
Good luck to Sheldon! I hope he‘ll end up in the top 10. I think it’s not an easy task because there are many favourites and not all can receive a high amount of votes.
I will most probably vote for him tonight and I think something around #10-12 is definitely possible, maybe even higher. *prays*

Preuss

I think you should be proud of Sheldon regardless of the outcome. It’s a better entry than Isaiah, Jess, Montaigne (poor girl) at least. Like I feel this one is closer to Guy, Dami and Kate

Let’s hope for a top ten in the end though xpray one of the best messages in Eurovision ever, and I really believe in what he’s singing. I find the face mask reveal so effective, especially because I was a Hannah Montana fan in my younger days (of the show) and watching her take off her wig in the movie was such a beautiful moment

Milos-BC

Vocally, he was flawless but I am still not connecting with the song itself.

My prediction - he will do really good with the juries, but not good at all on televoting. We will see what that will bring.

Zeus

I really hope for a good result tonight. Sheldon deserves it.

Top 3 with the juries, at least 50 points with the televotes and top 10 in general. Something like that.

But I kinda fear for a Portugal/Bulgaria scenario last year (or even worse). 5/6th with the juries and just 10-30 televotes or something. But he deserves more.

Top Bottom