So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

12Pointsgoto.....

To think that it used to be in my top 3 and now I don't even have it as a qualifier anymore. This shows how quickly the song grows old over time

SarahM

To think that it used to be in my top 3 and now I don't even have it as a qualifier anymore. This shows how quickly the song grows old over time
I haven't quite decided where this is in my line-up this week but it's declining pretty fast for me too. Listening to this song on Spotify makes me think that I was initially moved by Sheldon's performance and strong vocals. I think the song is very repetitive, he is better than the song. Based on my emotional reaction when watching his performance for the first time, I think it will qualify as many viewers will be seeing it for the first time.

AlienSoul

I use a fashion analogy: songs that you listen to often could be considered ready-to-wear, and then there are the one-off haute couture signature pieces, and I think this song falls into the latter category, something that you only listen to once.

Serena00

In the beginning os the season I thought that it's a top 10 contender. But then other stronger ballads were realesed and now I think it will qualify but finish 15-25 (jury will give it more points than televote)

Deleted member 12761

Yes, the song is a bit repetitive. But he is such a good singer. I saw his performance at IC and It made me emotional. The song isn't bad either. It doesn't scream winner but I can see him in the Top 10. I give him 10 points.

Mrlazzyjazzy

I'm hoping Sacha lightens up the staging and forces him not to wear the mask or only wear the mask for a little bit... But it's Sacha so it'll probably be darker and moodier than what it already is. Hopes are not high for this lol.

PolarFoxxie.

Well, i am just shocked at number of people who gave this song the lowest points. I am shocked. I gave it 12 pts but. I love everything about this Song. What is the reason why so many people voted in the other direction doesn't interest me, it just surprised me.

PolarFoxxie.

The only thing I can agree with is Sean's statement that people are sleeping on this song and that this is the best ballad this year. My number 1 prior to ESC, at ESC and after esc.

This roy individual gave more points to Germany than to this song. Wow, just wow.

Last edited:

Preuss

He can tone down the theatrics and still deliver an emotional performance.

PolarFoxxie.

He can tone down the theatrics and still deliver an emotional performance.
Theatrics like Norway 2022 or theatrics like Serbia washing their hands etc. or theatrics in Ukraines song. There are so many other songs this year with theatrics including your own Norway who is maybe the biggest theatrical of 2022, yet you picked Australia. Mask has always been a trademark in Sheldon's career.

Also, i think "theatrics" work perfectly in his song. Will he just stand there Like Poland 2022 singing and that's it. That is what you love to see. Also, if you understand the backstory, you will get it.

You have profile pic of Kate Miller heidke swinging on a poll. What theatrics are you talking about?

Preuss

Theatrics like Norway 2022 or theatrics like Serbia washing their hands etc. or theatrics in Ukraines song. There are so many other songs this year with theatrics including your own Norway who is maybe the biggest theatrical of 2022, yet you picked Australia. Mask has always been a trademark in Sheldon's career.

Also, i think "theatrics" work perfectly in his song. Will he just stand there Like Poland 2022 singing and that's it. That is what you love to see. Also, if you understand the backstory, you will get it.

You have profile pic of Kate Miller heidke swinging on a poll. What theatrics are you talking about?

What's the fact that I'm from Norway got to do? I never complained about Sheldon's mask lol, I talked about the theatrics he does throughout the song. It's maybe too much for many to find him genuine (though I believe him)

after he takes off the mask he doesn't need to start crying, his voice alone can convey his emotions. He did it well on a snippet on his Instagram

12Pointsgoto.....

If you actually look at the rest of the thread you can see that Preuss is actually a big advocate for Sheldon and understands the emotion behind the song. They have never criticized his mask and always supported Sheldon through the critiques he received. They merely stated that even without the "theatrics", Sheldon can still deliver an emotional performance.

PolarFoxxie.

Ohh ok, i didn't know that Preuss is the fan of the song. Like i said, the lyrics have deep meaning, of course he would cry after that delivery. Many would wenn delivering such strong vocally hard performance. Theatrics has Norway 2022, like no other has more theatrics than more 2022. Or Norway 2021 and Tix when he cried and took away glasses on stage so people can learn and he can educate them about tick syndrome. So yeah, even theatrical or not, it's still best song.im talking about Australia btw.

Milos-BC

Great vocal but a bland and very forgettable entry. I have a feeling the juries will push this a lot, but as for me, it should definitely stay in the semis.

After the magnificent Kate, there is an obvious downfall in the quality of Australian entries :(

2 points.

Ezio

Veteran
Instant skip for me. Dramatic, but boring. I prefer Xtina's version "Not myself tonight"

Top Bottom