So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Fun fact: my mum tried to get me into Sheldon's music some time back. She failed.. and quite dramatically to the point where I couldn't help but deliver some devastating side-eye to poor mum as she gushed over her latest find.

@Morocco2021 also failed but I don't passionately dislike the song. Unsure I even have an opinion of it at all other than I'm not connecting to it (vocal style being part of my issue) and that it feels bland. Leaves me kind of cold. It's 4 or at best a kind 5. See Morocco, you had nothing to fear xheart

Looren

Veteran
Fun fact: my mum tried to get me into Sheldon's music some time back. She failed.. and quite dramatically to the point where I couldn't help but deliver some devastating side-eye to poor mum as she gushed over her latest find.

@Morocco2021 also failed but I don't passionately dislike the song. Unsure I even have an opinion of it at all other than I'm not connecting to it (vocal style being part of my issue) and that it feels bland. Leaves me kind of cold. It's 4 or at best a kind 5. See Morocco, you had nothing to fear xheart

Yeah at least you didn't roast it :lol:

Preuss

I was waiting for that moment to happen and now not hearing it really bothers me. The song builds up nicely but doesn't relieve the tension really and that snippet had that relief I'm missing.

But I still love the song.

and he's deleted the snippet from his insta

i expected it to come at 2:23 when I first listened to the song. Maybe this song has an extended version though

crashworld

Veteran
Is it weird that when the Sheldon's song started, his voice reminded me of Ochman and "River". And then the message of the song is about being different and self-acceptance, targeting the same audience as Israel's song. The song is not bad. His voice is great. The chorus is abit lazy though. I'm putting it in the same bucket as Charley, Jaguar and Isaiah/Evie, but the best out of these 4. Still putting Jude's song as my number 1 for now.

ArmpitOfEurope

Very dissapointed in Sheldons song, I was expecting a contender. It is nice but boring and the chorus is literally 1 phrase repeated again and again.
Australia will start dropping in the odds as he was the reason they are so high

LoveTw

And Australia is still high in the odds. If Poland can be top 3 with that overrated River, (Yes. It's not even that good, imo.) I don't see why Australia can't be in top 5 when they have Charley & Sheldon's songs, which, imo, are two amazing ballads in the selection.

Mrlazzyjazzy

Sheldon's song is strong. I'm getting Sound of Silence vibes where he could elevate it even further with the live performance. I think top ten will be easy for this song. The chorus like Sound Of Silence is one sentence/refrain repeated but it's catchy so I don't see it working against him. As long as he does a Dami and delivers a strong vocal performance, adlibs a few high notes to the choruses so it's not as repetitive but still delivers a controlled vocal performance like Dami he will do well. In terms of staging we don't need to worry about him, he is a very visual artist.

Kaz

Sheldon’s song is just a vocal exercise and it would be our usual ESC result, top 10 jury and last place televote.

Simon

Does anyone know if voting is by premium SMS only? I missed out voting the past few times because pre-paid mobile plans don’t support so-called premium SMS. Maybe that was the Eurovision main shows I am thinking of. In some years they let you vote in the Eurovision app, but not last year.

I wish they addressed this because it excludes a lot of people otherwise!

PS: I try not to get hyped about any performer or song prior to the shows. I’m always pleasantly surprised that way.

Top Bottom