So far away

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

Years go by, I tried and tried
My father asked if today I smiled
I said, "Yes I did", but that's a lie
Oh, I always tell those lies

And you run and hide, hide the break inside
Do you realise that the light shines bright?
Through those, oh, who broke inside

I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no
I'm not the same, no

'Cause you never want to be a kind of person
You can work it for those ones who cannot word it
Because you've been the kind of person who felt this pain
Yeah, I felt this pain

So you're gonna leave the pain and find another way to make yourself another game
Maybe one for all to play
'Cause it's not just me who's not the same
We are not the same

I'm not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no
We are not the same, no​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Esgard

Personally I can't stand French Fries. Too little potato in those fries for my liking.

The entry by Isaiah Firebrace & Evie Ivie is optimised for radioplay/streaming but to me it doesn't have the kind of build and flow that successful Eurovision entries have. A Eurovision song is in a position to take your complete attention for 3 minutes, while songs on the radio are usually songs that you pay partial attention to as you do other things (i.e. driving or working or browsing the Internet). While I really like it as a radio song, right now it feels like it wouldn't be the best choice for Eurovision.

I like Jaguar Jonze's Little Fires, but unlike Voyager's Dreamer, this is a more processed mix optimised for the radio. It may work more or less better when I hear (and see) it as a live performance. As of now, Dreamer has the presentation of a live performance and that helps it feel more Eurovision-ready to me. I don't feel I can do a like-for-like comparison between Dreamer and the other songs because of that difference in presentation. As it stands I prefer Dreamer.

I've only hear the snippet of Paulini's song. I found that too repetitive lyrically. It reminded me a little of Spirit of the Night. I just didn't like it as much, but to be fair, I only heard the snippet. But if the rest is like that, then it just isn't for me.

mauve

Veteran
It reminds me a lot of the bridge part in Radiohead's "Creep". Is this the one you were thinking about?
Thank youuu! That is exactly what I meant! I had the wrong verses in mind. Of course it is
"But I'm a creep/I'm a weirdo"! The music went around in my head, but I just couldn't sort it out! :)

crashworld

Veteran
Imagine Sheldon Riley wins the contest, and since Australia and Israel are in the same semi, they are likely going to eat into each other's votes presumably they are elaborated and confident singers.

ZoboCamel

Hard to be too certain from just a 10 second snippet, but that little bit of Sheldon's song sounds strong. I could see it doing rather well at the NF / ESC itself... if the rest of the song is good too, of course. Guess we'll see in a week or so!

I bims

Veteran
Imagine Sheldon Riley wins the contest, and since Australia and Israel are in the same semi, they are likely going to eat into each other's votes presumably they are elaborated and confident singers.
... What? I would assume that Australia snatches all of Israel's votes because why vote for a walking stereptype that does the same shit we've seen a billion times already, when you can vote for a serious queer artist with an actual artistic vision?

hijirio

Veteran
Wow, Sheldon's voice is really beautiful. He could sing the phonebook and the juries would immediately start to masturbate.

Looren

Veteran
Sheldon will probably be my fave of the NF, I feel it

And I know people hate it but I really love Paulini's song, AND THE BACKING VOCALISTS ARE GIVING ME LIFE

crashworld

Veteran
... What? I would assume that Australia snatches all of Israel's votes because why vote for a walking stereptype that does the same shit we've seen a billion times already, when you can vote for a serious queer artist with an actual artistic vision?

This is where you could most likely to be wrong. If Sheldon's artistic vision makes it hard for people to connect (ala Conan Portugal 2019), he is likely to flop. Michael maybe your stereotypical camp gay/flamboyant artist, but sometimes most people like the concept of familiarity. I will not be surprised if Michael actually garner more support as he could be deemed as more accessible and palatable as compared to Sheldon.

Preuss

There are three snippets in total, the rest are on his insta highlights

I also judge of what I've seen from him before, and his live performances on the Voice were amazing, so that's obviously in my mind when I say that I can't see him lose. Well if he does lose, I'd just feel so bad for him because Eurovision has apparently been the dream and his ultimate goal (something along those lines)

Mainshow

Veteran
Sheldon is absolutely amazing! I simply adore his voice and I was rooting hard for him @TheVoiceAustralia

I loved his beautiful cover of the capitalist anthem "7 rings" xheart

Also, This was the best "Frozen" cover I´ve ever seen (Sry, Ochman)

Or Katy Perry´s flop single for the Olympics:

I need Sheldon to releaes a mystic cover album of the best and iconic songs by our beloved pop queens.

I still haven´t forgiven him for not having performed a Britney song yet, though.

Last edited:

Kaz

I really really hope that Jaguar and Charley don't cannibalise each other's votes.

Top Bottom