We can do whatever
Techni-technicolour
Techni-technicolour
If we care for one another
We can

Shine​

Last edited by a moderator:

VikingTiger

I'm sorry but this would be such a deserved non qualifier... This choreography is silly, lol..
I think you might be happy in May - I feel quite confident that this will be Australias first NQ. And deserved - we can agree on this! The juries have had a tendency to vote for Australia, but I really dont think that Technicolour will appeal to the juries in the same way other (rather lame) australian entries have done.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

A-lister

Veteran
It would be a shame (but also expose the juries for their lameness) if Australia can get unproportionally high support with bland stuff like Isaiah but downvoted when they send something more interesting like this one.

Eurovision should change its name to Basicvision.

Preuss

So last year she claimed she was on her period, that’s why her voice wasn’t better and this year she strained her voice during rehearsal and was nervous, hence the vocals. Okay...

but her voice in the official video is good, but I wonder if they edited it from the original performance

and this entry has the benefit of a live performance for me because it’s so much fun and joy. Here to hope they bring the dancers, fun, colors and vocals to Rotterdam + great staging, then this is easily advancing

Funix

Sorry Australia. But this? I find the song very noisy and what-so-ever boring and repetitive to listening too. :3: points.

mauve

Veteran
Yes, it is noisy but also mindblowing for me. Boring is :bg:.

I like this song very much (by far more than last year's), but I am concerned as hell about her voice ... that ruins it for me. In fact the song is one of the most progressive ones this year, I think, whereas Victoria is indeed just boring and lulling me to sleep. :sleep:

Iker

Veteran
I like this song very much (by far more than last year's), but I am concerned as hell about her voice ... that ruins it for me. In fact the song is one of the most progressive ones this year, I think, whereas Victoria is indeed just boring and lulling me to sleep. :sleep:
Her voice is quite peculiar albeit not as peculiar as The Black Mamba's singer one. Montaigne's vocal tone as well as the music style is the closest thing we've ever had at the ESC to Marina & the Diamonds, albeit I doubt Marina has a range to pull off 'Technicolour' without autotune.

Preuss

It only needs dancers, quick camera cuts and some great ideas regarding colors/lights and you have a really good staging

bring the dancers from the video and maybe one more

Skymnos

I just like the chorus of the song. Very catchy.

Unfortunately, everything else sounds somewhat contrived to me, too many key changes and that bridge at the end should be improved. :cautious:

crashworld

Veteran
Actually did I read somewhere that she's actually filming a music video for the song? I wonder what is it taking so long.

Euterpa

Actually did I read somewhere that she's actually filming a music video for the song? I wonder what is it taking so long.

The music video was filmed even before Dora and they already relased two versions of it...or you're talking about some other music video?

crashworld

Veteran
The music video was filmed even before Dora and they already relased two versions of it...or you're talking about some other music video?

Did you reply to the correct thread? LOL! I almost have to take a double-look at whether I am posting in the right thread.
I am talking about Montaigne just in case.

Euterpa

Did you reply to the correct thread? LOL! I almost have to take a double-look at whether I am posting in the right thread.
I am talking about Montaigne just in case.

I was 1000% sure I was reading the Croatian thread :lol: I must be VERY tired :lol: More than I'm aware of.

Wish I could answer your real question now at least haha, but I heard nothing about Montaigne's video. :S

Phoenix

I actually really liked Don't Break Me, even as a live performance. It has a raw quality to it and was oddly captivating. This, eh, I guess if I really try, I can see some appeal, but will the public really try? This is a jury bait as it is quite hard to sing, but let's be honest - this has semi final flop written all over it and it would be for any other country except Australia and Sweden.

Preuss

I'm mentally preparing myself that it could be quite the mess on the stage and that it will do considerably worse than previous Australian entries. I've yet to see Montaigne deliver a perfect performance of "Don't Break Me" or "Technicolor" (albeit not many but they weren't quite there anyway). If it ends up being a car crash in Rotterdam though, I'd be really let down because of their entries in the past xcry

Luffy

It's a great song which bring diversity to this year's contest, but I think that unfortunately, it's too difficult for her to sing.

Pål Nordahl

She can have the world’s best dancers, amazing camera angles, the greatest staging ever seen at Eurovision... and I STILL won’t be able to listen to more than 60 seconds of this song.

For me, no amount of stage production will make up for how annoying her singing style is. It reminds me of a teenage boy when his voice is cracking, or like whining and yodeling mixed together. It physically hurts my ears.

But I’ve always loved Australia in the competition, and I won’t be upset if they do well!

Last edited:
Top Bottom