5 3.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Australia-scaled.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
When Kate Miller-Heidke was chosen last year, everybody wrote Australia off from potential winners, but guess what, she won her semi and I guess not many would have been shocked had she won the whole thing. So I think it's too early to speak about Montaigne's chances. I really believe in her. And don't forget, she won the jury vote, leaving behind superpowers like Casey and Diana.

The difference there was that there was evident potential to build on with Kate. At the NF it looked kinda meh, but they really built on the concept they had and made what was probably the best staging show of the year. Not only that Kate had insanely good vocals, the only thing they couldn't improve was on a rather marmite-y song. I fail to see where the potential is in looking like a Pennywise extra from the hot new stage show musical of 'It' and her vocals were really not on it. They really have to go back to the drawing board completely for this one because it just doesn't work. They may well do that, Australia have had some great stagings but also some rather mediocre.

Ezio

Veteran
every time someone says something good about casey donovan an eurovision angel loses their wings

Oh, I hope these angels never lose their wings :eek:

112057374.jpg

Franzilein

Love it, went straight into my ears after the first listen which is crucial for the ESC. And while the song itself doesn't feel innovative at all, the staging makes up for it.

She needs to work on her vocals though, they're still somewhat shaky.

EDIT: After listening to it for a couple of times I think this might be my favourite Australian entry ever :lol:

Last edited:

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-A decent song overall.
-Vocals range from good to pretty good in quality.

THE BAD:
-This song just doesn't excite me.
-As someone else had said, the sound is a bit dated.

THE VERDICT:
Do I hear a ringtone? Because I think Australia's phoning it in for this year. The song is decent, but in no way is it a winning song. With so many countries still deciding on their entry, I'm not even sure it will qualify for the final. 7 points

hijirio

Veteran
The difference there was that there was evident potential to build on with Kate. At the NF it looked kinda meh, but they really built on the concept they had and made what was probably the best staging show of the year. Not only that Kate had insanely good vocals, the only thing they couldn't improve was on a rather marmite-y song. I fail to see where the potential is in looking like a Pennywise extra from the hot new stage show musical of 'It' and her vocals were really not on it. They really have to go back to the drawing board completely for this one because it just doesn't work. They may well do that, Australia have had some great stagings but also some rather mediocre.

I see in Montaigne the evident potential that you fail to see, it's all about personal taste. She might not be used to singing while doing Maddie Ziegler moves, which may have caused her to sound a bit off at some points, but she has a very unique voice and she can improve her singing until may. Btw i'm not really fond of SBS's sound quality tbh, many songs sounded weird today, not much improvement since 2019. I don't think Montaigne can sound any worse than this in May.

Alaska49

this thread is sooooo salty that this entry actually has a hearty number of high scores and most of them aren't posting probably because they are afraid of the high pressure they'll get from entering the dead sea that this thread has become.

I WILL BE YOUR PARTNER AND LIBERATE YOU FROM YOUR PRISON, SILENT LURKERS. STAN TALENT, STAN MR. MIMETAIGNE, SAINT WHO PROTECTED US FROM THE HORROR OF DISNEY BOOTLEGS.

HayashiM

Veteran
this thread is sooooo salty that this entry actually has a hearty number of high scores and most of them aren't posting probably because they are afraid of the high pressure they'll get from entering the dead sea that this thread has become.

I WILL BE YOUR PARTNER AND LIBERATE YOU FROM YOUR PRISON, SILENT LURKERS. STAN TALENT, STAN MR. MIMETAIGNE, SAINT WHO PROTECTED US FROM THE HORROR OF DISNEY BOOTLEGS.
Interesting, I'd say opinions here are quite balanced, and so are the scores - the 50th percentile score is a 5 at the moment, which suggests nothing bad nor excellent.

Alaska49

I found her stats on Pokemon.com

kUMUxV0.jpg
her diverse movepool and unique ability will complement those stats well and she will be a force to be reckoned with in the rotterdam metagame. STAN MR MIMETAIGNE.

gingerale

I gave it a 10. I liked it from the first play and still like it after THAT performance.
I'm only worried that I am bored by the time Eurovision starts, because I have it constantly in my head without even listening to it.

cripesdude

My winner on the night! In fact, the top 3 result perfectly mirrored my personal top 3 (which is a rarity)!

It’s a good song and there is a lot to work with. I don’t feel like we have the 2020 ESC winner, but qualification is assured and the top ten is calling... and who knows how the staging and final vocals will turn out...

JollityFarm

I like it okay. It might be another grower (which is perhaps a disadvantage when a lot of the viewers at home refuse to listen to any of the songs until they watch the final, but I thought Amar Pelos Dois was a grower too, and that won, so what do I know?). I prefer Kate Miller-Heidke's voice, but that's my problem.

Preuss

I don't understand why they announced that Dami Im is gonna compete next year
who wants to compete next year and will they get any big acts

Mainshow

Veteran
What an unexpected result! I was part of #TeamMitch but "Don't break Me" was my #2 in a very mediocre national final.
I can't see it doing well in May but if they adjust the performance a bit, it will easily qualify.

Personally, I think that she needs a good vocal coach and I wouldn't mind a better climax in the song.

6/12 for now.

Lindon

I'm not really chasing NFs this year. When I saw these little pictures on my mobile phone at Google, I thought: "What! Pænda is back?" :lol:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
It was also my second but it's so whatever to me. The messy Mrs. Mime staging could make me give it a 6 for being a mess, but she will get a :5: for those vocals. It sounds like me singing at the end of my singing class that I've been doing for less than one month

Top Bottom