13 9.2%

4 2.8%

5 3.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Australia-scaled.jpg

esc87fan

Jack Vidgen was on "America's Got Talent: The Champions" season 2 last week, performing a cover of "They Say" by Lauren Daigle - he was decent. He finished in the top 5 with the "superfans", but was eliminated in the judges' save round in favor of a joke act named Hans

r3gg13

I'mma say it right now to save some time: Jack Vidgen and his "I am king I am queen" are a clear no for me. In my book, this "package" is everything Australians should get away from given their past entries. One Isaiah per century is about right imo, so please pick someone else. Thanx

I also share your sentiment about this song. This song is beyond cheesy. The lyrics are essentially fondue.

Mimmon

Veteran
Found this video
This video explains that will get
Casey's and Mitch song in 2 Days (17/01/2019)
And Jaguar Jonze song will be out 31st of January

What about others ?
Well this person predicts that in next 2 weeks....

LoveTw

Jordan-Ravi’s song Pushing Stars dropped today.

A decent pop song, imo but it's what they usually sent internally in the past. So I hope they choose some alternative artist instead of this one.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I was ready to immensely dislike Pushing Stars but that chorus was too much the dreamy surprise for me to unload on it. It's charming and yet overly polished in typical Australian fashion. Not into the verses either but the most important part of the meal is rather lovely and strangely lush. Shoot me please someone.

LoveTw

I was ready to immensely dislike Pushing Stars but that chorus was too much the dreamy surprise for me to unload on it. It's charming and yet overly polished in typical Australian fashion. Not into the verses either but the most important part of the meal is rather lovely and strangely lush. Shoot me please someone.
LOL I like the verses better than the chorus. It reminds me of Tarzan and I don't know why.

LeBomb

The Australian entry (and eventual ESC 2020 winner) has been revealed. You may listen to the song below:

Can a mod change the title to Australia 2020 - iOTA - Life please? :giggle:

Mainshow

Veteran
Mitch Tambo is quite promising. I was hoping for a bit more "up-tempo". It's kinda middle down the road but I love the tone of his voice and it would be nice to hear a different language in Eurovision from Australia (I'm sorry for my ignorance but I don't know which language he's singing). Incredible middle 8 part!

LoveTw

I know Eurovision fans would love Mitch Tambo but so far I love IOTA the most. The song has the attitude I adore.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That song from Iota is meh, the Mitch Tambo song is denmark/BBC EYD level generic. Pushing Stars is the only 1 i enjoyed to some degree, very Australia polished style. I hope the rest are better. :?

hijirio

Veteran
I am so so so sooooo hyped about Montaigne! She has been my queen of the period between December-January, I have been consuming so hard on her songs that I need one month music fasting to recover from the overload.
Her style is just what my music taste is.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Jordan Ravi's song is decent. Nothing special, but nice enough I suppose.

I haven't listened to Jack Vigden's at all but like, the general sentiment appears to be "so basic it makes Roi look musically progressive" so idk why I should bother at all.

iOTA's song is goodish. It's not my cup of tea (its lyrics read "moralism" while its beat reads "winner of dziesma 2013" so idk what to make of it), but with the right staging and a good vocal performance? It can definitely finish near the top of my ranking.

Together SUCKS lol. I mean, don't get me wrong; I love that Mitch decided to sing at least half of his song in an aboriginal language and those bits elevate it from the depths of musical purgator. But the English bits, man, is there a word to describe "offensively braindead"? "TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE" or whatever painful cliché these lyrics are trying to rehash for the nth time, tries SO HARD to be woke but is in fact as shallow as a puddle. Rare is the entry which makes me question whether I didn't turn on JESC by accident.

Top Bottom