• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Australia-scaled.jpg

Preuss

The song is better than the performance here
it's not gonna bring them the win they clearly want though,

Alaska49

Lol This is probably the only place that is full of negative comments toward this entry. Thank God many people from Reddit and Mr. Scoreboard and even quite a few YouTube reactions love it. I'm quite relieved since those people are more like the general tastes of the audience.
this board isn't necessarily representative of even the general internet fandom, let alone the voting public, yeah. last year this board was very fond of az en apam for whatever reason and, well...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
People are sheep and negativity breeds more negativity.

Iker

Veteran
Is there a mismatch between song and singer this year though? Like Montaigne seems like a fun performer but I don't think it's suited to this song where the artist should just sing it with nice visuals. I understand the clown/doll theme they are going for but the staging in AD was messy and it's no way they can keep it if they want to perform on Saturday (or at least do well for that case)

I think they are not going to recreate the clown act at the ESC according to some piece of info.

watersoup

I feel like I am watching something different to a lot of people here.

It's not groundbreaking but it is a very enjoyable, well executed pop song. Most importantly, I completely buy the emotions both in the studio version and the live version. As for the live version, the vocals can be improved but they are not tragic, and I think this is the kind of song that benefits from having a few rough edges and not sounding completely perfect. I also must be the only person who liked the "dance" and the camerawork? Maybe someone can come up with something better but I think it matches the "uneasy", tense atmosphere of the build-up of the first verse well.

The costume and make-up need to burn, obviously.

I'm still waiting for an entry to completely capture my heart,my #1 spot, and my 12 but for now, this is up there for me. 10 points for the best Australian entry yet.

Last edited:

Phoenix

It's like DNA songs were on an endless Melfest binge because they realized that the best way to do well is to emulate dreary old Sweden and thus we got a typical, sanitized, but well made, pop song. The only thing that elevates this is the singer and the performance; at least I can se the potential there. Also, admittedly this is better than anything on Melfest this year and much, much better than last years' horrific entry. :7:

musicfan

I haven't seen the live yet but Raw Stuff definitely looked a well done ballad. Ballads don't seem too popular in Eurovision now, which I think is a loss for the contest. Something isn't automatically gripping because it's loud of fast, or has loads of dancing.

Phoenix

This one is growing on a lot all of a sudden, upgrading it to :10: pts. I really, really love those muted guitars in the background that hold the composition together and there are some neat lyrical moments there which isn't something I usually say about esc entries. Also, there is something captivating about that performance and vocal delivery, I blame my aqua rising for that one.

Preuss

On Reddit, someone posted a screenshot of Twitter where someone suggested an idea and Montaigne basically confirmed it, and they will probably use a marionette for the performance which got me very excited, it might be incredible or a hot mess. They’re doing something original again it feels like!

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I see this as a strong entry. Although I still don't agree with :au: taking part in ESC, it's a song contest after all, and I will judge their songs fairly. Very nice song, and I see it in top 5 in the final.

Mainshow

Veteran
Downgraded to :5: (from :6:).
Its not a bad song but the more often I listen to it, the less I wanna hear it in the future. Her voice ain't my cup of tea.. I think I would enjoy this song more if it had been recorded by someone else.

Preuss

It’s gonna Q
Top ten should be in reach for this entry this year, it doesn’t face any direct competition. The staging sounds interesting for this one so top five if it’s executed well

• Say Yay
Reactions: GRE

Petar

I've never been a fan of Australian Eurovision songs, so this is easily the best they've offered since the debut. And also they're in my top 10 for the first time. Looking forward to see the staging.

Top Bottom