8 4.3%

8 4.3%

24 12.8%

• Total voters

EscGeek

Veteran
i blame her dancing for this.. the song was good

Preuss

Meh, I'm just merely disappointed that this was ranked dead last in the televote

And 90 points and 12th place within the juries isn't being overrated within the juries

John1

To be honest, she managed to pull off one of the strongest performances last night. I was surprisingly fond of her entry yesterday, that's why I decided to cast one vote for Jessica, because she deserved it.

Congratulations :au:, be proud of yourself for once. :)

mauve

Veteran
She didn't give a good performance last night. She didn't hit the notes, her dress was - well. And the song is very mediocre. The televotes revealed it.

Alaska49

she is a really nice person, but like... 20th was actually kind to this performance lmao

get your shit together, australia!!!!!!! you better take your A game to eurovision asia (and by that i mean SAMANTHA JADE ALWAYS AND FOREVER)

Preuss

Somehow I always had a thought that Jess could potentially do poor within the viewers (15-20), but last place was a shock really! Someone should’ve filmed my reaction lol

musicfan

I don't think the song is bad at all. The lyrics aren't great but you could say that for most of the songs, there's only a few where they were good and the music appealed to me too (Albania, Slovenia eg). The performance was definitely better than the semi too, much tighter. There's much more oomph in it than some of the bland stuff out there.

Maybe if she dressed up weird and did some animal noises it would stand out more, but I'm honestly glad she didn't go down that road. Or maybe people are just used to having dancers or wanted a more spectacular show in some way, but it is a song contest and this was one of the best dance songs for me. Next year maybe everyone will be going freaky to get noticed, but it would get very tiresome.

ag89

This was my top 10, but Australia has to understand the beauty of Eurovision is not only to succeed but also to fail sometimes. I hope they will bring a new sound next year, it's obvious the same group of people is behind all their entries.

ag89

I think by now the message from Europe to Australia is pretty clear tbh

The message is audience at home was not into the song, that's all. See previous years, Australia had 2 good and 2 bad years with televoting:
2015: 6th
2016: 4th (points from almost all countries btw)
2017: 25th
2018: 26th.

So... they just need a proper song and Europeans will like it, there is nothing else here.

PashonFrut

Song is quite catchy but her moves don't look aesthetically pleasing

crashworld

Veteran
The staging killed it in my opinion. It's a cheap man's version of Sweden's staging with the light tubes.
She should have backup dancers with her. Her weird dance moves and the unflattering outfit plus unstable vocals has effectively ruined the performance.
She has done so much better with her pre-parties, surprisingly she couldn't translate those vocals to the actual competition.
But coming last in televote is kinda surprise to me. I forgotten that Australia came 2nd to last the previous year.

Preuss

I disagree with her voice. When I compare her voice during the grand final with the pre party performances, she sounds just as good if not better to me, although there's no secret she consistently struggled with that high note during the competition.
I enjoyed her staging, not because I adore the song and Jessica, but because I genuinely thought it was good, therefore I was so shocked after the 1st semi final because I found her performance the best of them all lol together with Sweden. I loved Belgium this year, but I have said multiple times that Sennek staging was one of the worst in ESC history.

It's gonna be painful to live with that this was ranked dead last within the televote, but at the end I think Australia should be very proud of Jessica, this song and her performance.

The part with the drum and that high note will still remain as the highlight for me in this ESC! Can't wait to see what Australia sends next year!

mgru

Ouch, that last televote place was harsh.

There were worse entries for sure.

Honestly I don't think Australia really should participate, mostly because I see people treat it as a joke and nobody really watches the live broadcast.

GWTW1939

The message is audience at home was not into the song, that's all. See previous years, Australia had 2 good and 2 bad years with televoting:
2015: 6th
2016: 4th (points from almost all countries btw)
2017: 25th
2018: 26th.

So... they just need a proper song and Europeans will like it, there is nothing else here.

To be honest I don't think there was that big a difference quality wise of the songs 2015/16 and 2017/18 but rather the quality of the performers. Because as performers Guy and Dami were a trillion light years ahead of Isaiah and Jessica. They could lift the generic/disposable to a higher level whereas the latter two couldn't xshrug

although I think nerves killed Isaiah more then his ability as a performer and Jessica had a bad stage routine

crashworld

Veteran
To be honest I don't think there was that big a difference quality wise of the songs 2015/16 and 2017/18 but rather the quality of the performers. Because as performers Guy and Dami were a trillion light years ahead of Isaiah and Jessica. They could lift the generic/disposable to a higher level whereas the latter two couldn't xshrug

although I think nerves killed Isaiah more then his ability as a performer and Jessica had a bad stage routine

I think Jessica who has been in the entertainment industry for a long time is actually a charismatic performer. I just feel the staging just doesn't suit her at all.
And I got a feeling she felt the pressure to do very well given the initial hype and also Australia's relatively poorer showing last year.
I feel the nerves/pressure got the better of her and she bummed out in the actual competition.
I never believe in the song will do well, coz in my opinion, like Norway, Australia is sending the performer not the song.
But unfortunately Jessica just didn't do as well expected in terms of her delivery of the performance and the end results.

grazy2266

The staging certainly could have been better. she seemed a little lost on the stage and her outfit was a bit strange lol

Hele.

To be honest, she managed to pull off one of the strongest performances last night. I was surprisingly fond of her entry yesterday, that's why I decided to cast one vote for Jessica, because she deserved it.

Congratulations :au:, be proud of yourself for once. :)

+1
xheart xlove

darkap

Thank you Europe for showing Australia the real truth, My god, the lyrics were terrible and the live performance pure horror on both juries and final. She never got an high note right, my ears!!

Preuss

Dancers wouldn't have worked... you can say whatever about Jessica's movement on the stage but I highly doubt dancers would've benefited the song. I'd like some more pyro in the performance though last refrain, but other than that I can't pick on the performance at all since it's highly entertaining (for me) the three minutes it got. I think this was SJB's best work this year, not Cyprus.

Next year Australia... Australia's a "normal" member now right, or... no???

Top Bottom