21 7.9%

8 3.0%

8 3.0%

3 1.1%

0 0.0%

18 6.7%

• Total voters

Musicosity

A journalist asks: "Since Australia didn't win and of course will not defend the title, will you be happy if Australia will compete next year in the Eurovision Song Contest in Sweden?"

Bjorkman answers: "You know, we tried all we could, we gave them 12 points. I mean, yes of course, it was fantastic having Australia, they're such good people, friendly, and they made this journey for us really really good 'cause we become friends with them and yeah. It's a shame they cannot be there next year".

And at the end of the conference Jon Ola Sand said "We from the EBU will follow the host broadcaster all the year around, we'll make sure that we are there to support you, to advice you and guide you and together we can find smart solutions, also how we can develop Eurovision Song Contest ahead"

xwhistle

ZoboCamel

Krishoes

Friends from :au:, I want to know if Eurovision can be considered a real success there, 'cause I see the tv ratings and it seems that it's not so popular. So, I want to understand your point of view about that

Krishoes

Don't forget it was 5 am on a Sunday morning there.

I'm talking about the whole thing Quent, not only the 5 am show. The reply of the final has been only the 10th most watched show of the day in the :au: tv. I want to understand if the results can be considered as a success for them 'cause I read around the web "Aussies are not happy with the ratings" or people say "EBU said to us that :au: goes crazy for the Eurovision but it doesn't seem so".

DanielLuis

I'm talking about the whole thing Quent, not only the 5 am show. The reply of the final has been only the 10th most watched show of the day in the :au: tv. I want to understand if the results can be considered as a success for them 'cause I read around the web "Aussies are not happy with the ratings" or people say "EBU said to us that :au: goes crazy for the Eurovision but it doesn't seem so".

The ratings are great for the channel it's on though. SBS is the last watched of the major networks

Tristran

Congrats on your top 5 placing Australia, totally deserved imho! :cool:

Chorizo

From what I've read, SBS got its best Eurovision ratings so far (as expected) but not the million of viewers they wanted. So was it worth for them paying more than usual to participate considering that the ratings didn't increase as much as expected? If they returned, their second participation would draw less attention, so I'm wondering, if they will try to convince the EBU to be allowed back or not.

Milos-BC

I thought he could win the whole thing, but I am glad he didn't. The song deserved to end in the top 5. It was really good + the performance made it to really stand out. It was extremely professional all the way through, so the result is deserved.

southernstars

I'm glad we didn't win either haha...... But I'm SO proud of where he came. 5th place is amazing, for a country way outside Europe :p There seemed to be a lot of support for Australia in the room as well. In backstage interviews many of the other contestants spoke highly of Guy and his music, which is nice xheart

esc87fan

Mans even said during the winner's press conference that he wants to do a duet with Guy

GRE

Perfect vocal performance.

So...
I hope you had a good time Australia.
Nice to meet you.
Bye-bye.

Mimoliin

Advertisement for Tonight Again is rolling on Spotify Free all the time, at least in Sweden. xcheer

Top Bottom