Contact us

Audio Quality of 2014 Songs - much worse than other years?

I don't know if this is all in my head, but it seems to me like in the youtube uploads of the 2014 entries the audio quality is significantly lower than usual?

Take these songs for example (ive just picked random ones for comparison);

2013:
2014:
2015:

It seems much less 'clear' (for lack of a better word) in the other years, but 2014 is somewhat bad quality? Anyone know why?

EscGeek

Veteran
I noticed that too

Schlagerman1

Me too, it was absolutely clearly worse than previous years or 2015. The funny thing is that it was also sound problems when Copenhagen hosted 2001 as well.

Maybe it is just that danes had bad hearing, or maybe too good? :?

simonPL

Exactly! I think that quality of audio is lower than in other uploaded videos from fans in general, not only in 2014, that's why I prefer to watch videos on another channels. On the other hand I was wondering why they don't delete all those unofficial videos, because they steal number of views and sometimes some unofficial video from the show has bigger viewership than original one.

ZoboCamel

I think you're right on this, but I hadn't noticed it before. I had noticed, though, that the video quality of the 2014 uploads seemed lower. They seem to have pretty significant banding issues - there are just random lines running down the video a lot of the time, like the video quality's been kind of distorted (even in 1080P).

Top Bottom