Contact us

ASIA-PACIFIC SONG CONTEST 2010

Sim

The first edition of Our Sound™ - The Asia-Pacific Song Contest will be held on Friday 26th and Sunday 28th November 2010. India is the host country of the event. Our Sound 2010 will be held at the Andheri Sports Centre in Mumbai. 14 countries have been invited to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest of Asia and the Pacific.
Our Sound 2010 invited 14 countries to take part in the first edition of Our Sound™ - The Asia-Pacific Song Contest. Over the next 10 years the number of participating nations can increase to 30. All countries will be watching the same synchronised live broadcast of the Our Sound 2010 shows. The hosts will speak English, Mandarin and Hindi.

The two hour Performance Show of Our Sound 2010 will be held at the Andheri Sports Centre in Mumbai, India, on Friday 26th November 2010, after which the audience can cast their votes for their favourite songs via televote, SMS and/or online, allowing two votes, one of which may be for their own country. The winner will be announced during the the one hour Winners Show on Sunday 28th November.

takeru

Re: Our Sound 2010 in India

[center:1gc1fux5]
avh1c3.png
[/center:1gc1fux5]

I think this is the venue :p

14 countries! :D That means we can add two new ones to the previous list :shock: xdance
Although 'have been invited' doesn't mean 'will participate' :lol:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Oh yay, that's exciting news. We should put a lot of effort into promoting this contest once the actual ESC is over. Gives us something to look forward to during the summer!!!

AlekS

Veteran
"Participating Countries will be announced shortly."
grrr! Can't wait :D
I wish Ukraine could broadcast it. I bet their site will be overflowed during the live broadcast :lol: :D

hawadharma

OK, let's roll the ball!! :D

BTW, Malaysia has a weekly chart show in which songs are nominated for the final selection. :D

I think it will be great to update the chart here for everybody to discuss. :)

hawadharma

ATTENTION MUSIC ENTHUSIASTS AROUND THE GLOBE!!

muzik2xq2.jpg

Now you have the golden chance to help Malaysia decide the representative for Our Sound!!
This is open to everybody from all over the world.
Please help us decide the best song from our country!!

To join, please follow these steps:

1. Go to http://www.tv3.com.my
2. 'Sign up' for an account.
3. After you have your username and password, 'log in'.
4. Go to http://www.tv3.com.my/muzikmuzik
5. You will see a list of songs numbered 1 to 20. This is the weekly Malaysian song chart.
6. Listen to the full songs in youtube by typing the name of the song and artiste, or you can visit the youtube channel 'http://www.youtube.com/user/MuzikMuzik25TV3' for the official live performances.
7. Now you can vote for your favourite song!!
8. To vote a song, just click button 'UNDI' (with a blue tick symbol) next to the song info.
9. You can vote as many song as you want but you have to remember that you will only be allowed to vote 20 times in total PER DAY.
10. For example, if you really like ONE song, you can spend all the 20 votes on the song. You will not be allowed to vote anymore until the next 24 hours.

So, what are you waiting for?? Vote for your favourite Malaysian song. Help us decide who will represent Malaysia in Our Sound!! Thanks a lot!!

Cole

any official news if its actually gonna happen?

Quent91

I don't think this will ever happen... When you look at the countries participating, more than the half couldn't manage to host the contest... A big part of Asia is not developped or rich enough to take part to this kind of stuff... Sorry but it's my point of view. Also, there would be a huge risk with the terrorist attacks. Having Pakistan competing in a western-like constest, with neighbors like Afghanistan, there's nothing good there... And in general, the countries in Asia are more divided between them than in Europe. And to end it, the contest is not ruled by a public organisation like the EBU, but by a private society, so welcome the (horrible) organisation between the TV channels, the countries, the singers,...

It was a chance for Australia & N-Z to take part in a kind of contest they love a lot, but I don't think they will ever compete in it.

Top Bottom