Contact us

artists you discovered on Eurovision

mitch67

Are there artists you discovered watching Eurovision who you follow after their perforamcne or check out their earlier works?

Hook2Hook

past participant: Duncan Laurence, Gjon's Tears, Måneskin
this year: Cornelia Jakobs
I already knew Sam Ryder, Krystian Ochman b4 ESC, I had vocal addiction so live vocals is matter, and they had to convince me at least three of thier original songs LIVE.

Navn Navnes

Secret Garden (1995) Of course this was before my time, but i guarantee i woundn't have heard on them this much if it wasn't for Eurovision
Wig Wam(2005)
Christine Gulbrandsen (2006)
Aleksander Rybak (2009
Keino (2019)
Lordi (2006)
Terasbetoni (2008)
Blind Channel (2021)
Rediscovered The Rasmus this year
Go-a (2020 and 2021)
Salvador Sobral(2017)
MARO(2022)
Mahmood (2019)
Måneskin (2021)
Alvan (2022)
Hatari (2019)
Dadi Freyr(2020 and 2021)
Monika Liu (2022)
Zejko Joksimovic(2004)
Circus Mircus (2022)

Laepo1

The only artists I've followed in a consistent manner are Loreen (2012) and Mahmood (2019). I check everytime they release new music.

Plus there are others that I check every now and then:
Go-a (2021)
Sertab (2003)
Gjon's Tears (2021)
Sara Tavares (1994)
Conan Osiris (2019)

HarryUK

I think the biggest one for me is KEiiNO. Absolutely fell in love with them

lilka

How come I didn't notice this earlier? This topic was made for me!

I have been following ESC since I was 9, I believe, but I quickly became bored. However, I decided to watch ESC 2006 and good for me. Thanks to that year's edition I discovered Anna Vissi (Greece), to whom I owe my perfect (:cool:) C2-level Greek after nearly 17 years. I saw her performance and was so impressed I had to look for more on youtube. I found not only songs, but also some tv interviews, shows, etc. but I didn't understand anything. She made the language sound so beautiful to my ears that I said to myself: "You HAVE TO learn it". This year I finally had the chance to see her on stage (4 times!) and it was like a dream coming true. My next goal (not dream) is to speak to her after a concert to thank her for everything she did, even being unaware of it. Thanks to her I could explore a beautiful country with a rich history and fall in love with this special place on Earth. No artist managed to impress me so much before her.
Now, after nearly 17 years, when in Greece, I speak only Greek without any problems, read and write fluently, and translate texts professionally.
There is a musical titled "Mala, music of the wind" ("Μάλα, η μουσική του ανέμου"), in which Anna plays a Polish Jewish woman named Mala who escaped from Auschwitz with Edek, a Polish man, the love of her life, but they were later caught and killed by the Germans. I have recently translated it to Polish to make a tribute to Anna's 65th birthday and next year's 50th career anniversary. I am going to upload it on youtube to promote it among Poles, because I think it's a story many of us can actually relate to (I mean because of our families, grandmas and grandpas who lived a hell during the war).

Top Bottom