Contact us

Armenia and Azerbaijan should be kicked out

Haverdge

Everything that you said makes perfect sense and I feel bad for everyone involved hoping for a better future.

That being said, this is still a Song Contest and if a last place is given by default by all jurors and televotes for political reasons then neither countries are ready to take part in the contest. If in the near future both nations can look beyond those differences (even Ukaine and Russia were able to do that for the contest) then we can talk. Until then I don't believe they should be included.

Oh, you're brilliant. Pushing both of us away will make things worse. Eurovision is the one time that both Armenians and Azeris get to see each other on television, with absolutely no negative connotation or commentary, but just as they are, singing a song. It's the one thing we have that allows us to see each other in a more humane light. You want to push for changes in government, do it on the political level, not in Eurovision. Music is the one thing that can counteract the happenings of politics and figures who want their masses to "think otherwise" of their neighbors; Aram's charting on the Azerbaijani iTunes chart is certainly going to do more to help re-humanize the image of the Armenian in Azerbaijan, even if it's in the very, very, very smallest sense, in the back of someone's mind. Want to make a difference? Go protest at one of their embassies; urge your Senators and members of Congress to push for more active US involvement in the peaceful settlement of the conflict. Kicking them out of Eurovision isn't going to do anything, and it might even make things worse.

Also, stop speaking unequivocally the same of both parties. We gave them points before; in fact, we did it two years in a row. We only stopped because of what they did in 2009. Not only that, but the image of Azerbaijan in Armenia, especially in recent years, is so negative, so inhumane, so barbaric, that nobody in Armenia would need the imposing presence of an authority to tell them not to vote for Azerbaijan; the lack of desire to do so is already there.

Happiness

Imagine whats ever happened in past years when jury / public votes weren't that clear :?

LalehForWD

No, they should not be kicked out. Eurovision is probably supporting groups with the most open minded people in these countries. Shutting the door to Europe for these people doesn't bring any good for anyone. If the juries vote according to politics it's probably for a reason, not because they're evil. Just let EBU raise the standard and disregard questionable votes.

Kaz

What if...
Every song was written by songwriters of that nationality. (Swedish song written by Swedish people only etc.)
Then, each song was performed by a random performer not of European nationality (American, Australian etc.)
Then, the country the song was from is revealed only after the end of voting. This would hopefully kill all chances all diaspora and maybe Armenia and Azerbaijan would exchange points! :D Although I can't see this happening in the future at all...

Pawhlen

What if...
Every song was written by songwriters of that nationality. (Swedish song written by Swedish people only etc.) Then, each song was performed by a random performer not of European nationality (American, Australian etc.)
Then, the country the song was from is revealed only after the end of voting. This would hopefully kill all chances all diaspora and maybe Armenia and Azerbaijan would exchange points! :D Although I can't see this happening in the future at all...
That is something I really want to have in the rules book, but some countries will probably cry a river complaining that "it isn´t fair" (read :az:) in that case. :rolleyes:

Just to make clear: I have nothing against either :am: or :az: or any other country when it comes to Eurovision Song Contest. The reason why I´m getting upset is when someone is trying to cheat their way to success. That is clearly against all things the competition stands for. xnaughty NONO

How fun is it knowing that your country had success because of cheating? That would have taken much of the fun and excitement away at least for me

Realest

3 Years later, I still think that both of them need at least 1 year break.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
You can't expect 2 countries that are in a state of war to each other exchanging points in Eurovision or play football matches, deal with it.

Realest

But that doesnt mean that they are allowed to give political Jurvotes. They had to sign that their Choice is based on Vocals, Composition etc...

Top Bottom