Contact us

Armenia and Azerbaijan should be kicked out

malta

one of the reasons eurovision was made was 2 keep peace between countries

A-lister

Veteran
Lets not forget that when Eurovision started, we were able to compete together properly and respectfully, focusing solely on the music, just 10 years after the Second World War. And yes, that included Britain, France and West Germany...

Well said!

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Like some people have already been saying, countries like the UK, France and Germany were once real enemies, and yet they could bury the hatchet, come together and even vote for one another. The whole point of Eurovision was to not let previous wars and conflicts dictate how we should treat one another, but that it should be a common ground for all of us to share music with one another. If countries like Azerbaijan and Armenia can't do that, and clearly they can't, then they have no business being in the ESC. End of story.

No doubt their troubled past has caused bloodshed on both sides, no one is saying it hasn't, but there is no room in Eurovision for that conflict. We. Don't. Want. It.

Bibberluis

I dont care about them hating eachother but the fact that both juries placed the favorites so low is supisious to say the least.

PashonFrut

if we(aze arm) were the ones to choose, believe me we wouldn't star this war or hatred to each other...so, please stop blaming us. i know you're gonna say you didn't start but you can finish...you would be right to say that, but i don't see that happening soon no matter what you say....we still need time

Objective people will understand, the rest of them are just seeking drama on the internet. No need to prove yourself to people who are not willing to look at this objectively. That being said Aze and Arm are both staying in this contest, so this is a bullsht thread. Let's waste our energy on productive things ;)

Like every year 10 freakin threads about Azerbaijan. Well enjoy it then, I'm out xwave

IanP

Like some people have already been saying, countries like the UK, France and Germany were once real enemies, and yet they could bury the hatchet, come together and even vote for one another. The whole point of Eurovision was to not let previous wars and conflicts dictate how we should treat one another, but that it should be a common ground for all of us to share music with one another. If countries like Azerbaijan and Armenia can't do that, and clearly they can't, then they have no business being in the ESC. End of story.

No doubt their troubled past has caused bloodshed on both sides, no one is saying it hasn't, but there is no room in Eurovision for that conflict. We. Don't. Want. It.

Dianna_this.gif

The fact that Azerbaijan have been caught out with the SIM card scandal highlights why they should be suspended. Nothing else to say.

Celia

Lets not forget that when Eurovision started, we were able to compete together properly and respectfully, focusing solely on the music, just 10 years after the Second World War. And yes, that included Britain, France and West Germany...

I think they've said it all xbowxbowxbowxbowxbow

if we(aze arm) were the ones to choose, believe me we wouldn't star this war or hatred to each other...so, please stop blaming us. i know you're gonna say you didn't start but you can finish...you would be right to say that, but i don't see that happening soon no matter what you say....we still need time

Then come back when you're ready to leave your conflicts aside, we're fed up with putting up with the two of you every year.

Qele_Armenia

lolz,Azerbaijan gave 10 pts to Ireland in the dress rehearsal for the final despite Ireland not being there .i believe they were supposed to give 10 pts to Armenia but they wouldn't as they hate Armenia

Celia

^ whether it's true or not, you just added to our point.

ParadiseES

Political posts and off-topic that is not related to Eurovision have been deleted. We are not discussing Armenia-Azerbaijan war here.

Galandar

Well, then EBU must kick out Moldova and Iceland because ALL their jurors gave all their maximal points to Romania and Denmark. Or Belgium because they cancelled all the points they had for Armenia in a very dirty way. That's fishy for me too ;)
Yes but it seems Armenian jury did the same to 5 favourites of bookies by placing them 20-24 just before 25th Azerbaijan ;) It seems someone (or some 5) wanted to eliminate competition for Aram MP3.

nofuxCZ

Agree with what most people already said.

And especially Azerbaijan should be banned or punished for the way their jury voted this year. It's impossible for 5 different people to rank 25 songs almost identically.

azju.png

Same is true for Belarus and Montenegro, though.
blju.png

r9VTbFd.png

EBU should at least ban the juries in these countries next year.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Agree with what most people already said.

And especially Azerbaijan should be banned or punished for the way their jury voted this year. It's impossible for 5 different people to rank 25 songs almost identically.

azju.png

Same is true for Belarus and Montenegro, though.
blju.png

r9VTbFd.png

EBU should at least ban the juries in these countries next year.

I'm working on an Editorial and am going to talk about that. The good thing is that you'll have to sit out for three years before you can be on a jury again. But regardless, this fake voting needs to stop. Thank god for the new transparency rules.

Haverdge

I hate these immature spats just as much as you all do, especially because I'm more effected by it than anything else. However, you all don't seem to understand the political dynamics of this conflict and why it continues to this day. Put yourself in our shoes before you start criticizing us. Do you think we all like to be in this mindset? Do you think anyone would like to be in a state of perpetual warfare both in the literal and figurative sense? Do you think we like to have the reputation we do throughout Europe? Nobody wants to be involved or entangled in the state of affairs we're in right now, but there are obviously certain dynamics, namely Russia, that continue to exasperate this conflict for its own personal and political profit. It's also bad enough that crooked mafiosos like Aliyev and the Republican Party of Armenia continue to manipulate this conflict for their own gain as well and are able to scare people from changing as little as possible by using the image of the other as the "enemy". There is so much misinformation, historical manipulation and diversion going on that it's easy to see why attitudes like ours exists. Although I will say objectively that Armenians are more lax on the matter than the Azeris are, but I can see for myself that we're gradually stooping down to the same level, unfortunately.

You can't compare apples to oranges, and comparing the free states of Western Europe to ex-Soviet states like Armenia and Azerbaijan in which the party responsible for creating and continuing this conflict still plays a very, very present role are two different things. We are not democracies, our political societies failed to develop in the same way that Western Europe did because of our time in the Soviet Union (which, by the way, is the only reason why we have problems like mass homophobia, corruption, social or political injustice, etc). The kinds of people ruling both nations are KGB offspring and warlords. What did you expect?

I too wish for a change, but given the cards and the dynamics of our issues, I unfortunately don't see anything changing in the near future.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I hate these immature spats just as much as you all do, especially because I'm more effected by it than anything else. However, you all don't seem to understand the political dynamics of this conflict and why it continues to this day. Put yourself in our shoes before you start criticizing us. Do you think we all like to be in this mindset? Do you think anyone would like to be in a state of perpetual warfare both in the literal and figurative sense? Do you think we like to have the reputation we do throughout Europe? Nobody wants to be involved or entangled in the state of affairs we're in right now, but there are obviously certain dynamics, namely Russia, that continue to exasperate this conflict for its own personal and political profit. It's also bad enough that crooked mafiosos like Aliyev and the Republican Party of Armenia continue to manipulate this conflict for their own gain as well and are able to scare people from changing as little as possible by using the image of the other as the "enemy". There is so much misinformation, historical manipulation and diversion going on that it's easy to see why attitudes like ours exists. Although I will say objectively that Armenians are more lax on the matter than the Azeris are, but I can see for myself that we're gradually stooping down to the same level, unfortunately.

You can't compare apples to oranges, and comparing the free states of Western Europe to ex-Soviet states like Armenia and Azerbaijan in which the party responsible for creating and continuing this conflict still plays a very, very present role are two different things. We are not democracies, our political societies failed to develop in the same way that Western Europe did because of our time in the Soviet Union (which, by the way, is the only reason why we have problems like mass homophobia, corruption, social or political injustice, etc). The kinds of people ruling both nations are KGB offspring and warlords. What did you expect?

I too wish for a change, but given the cards and the dynamics of our issues, I unfortunately don't see anything changing in the near future.

Everything that you said makes perfect sense and I feel bad for everyone involved hoping for a better future.

That being said, this is still a Song Contest and if a last place is given by default by all jurors and televotes for political reasons then neither countries are ready to take part in the contest. If in the near future both nations can look beyond those differences (even Ukaine and Russia were able to do that for the contest) then we can talk. Until then I don't believe they should be included.

Top Bottom