Contact us

Armenia and Azerbaijan should be kicked out

AdelAdel

Both of these countries are behaving like 5-year olds all the time. They hate each other for crap reasons and spread their hate everywhere possible. Let's look at the ESC stats: Armenia placed 25th by Azeri juries and televoters. Azerbaijan placed 25th by Armenian juries and televoters. Either they hate the other country for their own pathetic reasons OR they do what their government wants them to do. Because if you don't, you might get arrested like it happened in Azerbaijan in the year 2009. And they should be kicked out from all international competitions as well, such as football tournaments for example. I still remember their pathetic, childish behavior where they refused to play against each other in the EURO 2008 qualifications.

Grinch

You don't have to like all countries participating in Eurovision. It's not a reason to be kicked out.

Celia

Drama is coming xpopcorn
Can't say I fully disagree though, such a sad situation.

AdelAdel

You don't have to like all countries participating in Eurovision. It's not a reason to be kicked out.

Did you even read properly what I wrote? I gave you obvious reasons as to why they should get kicked out.

Miloutchi

Not liking is different than completely hating each other. They didn't even wanted to sit next to each other! And they didn't want to give fake votes to each other!

Eurovision should be about friendship with other countries (a friendly competition). They don't act like that at all! Not liking is okay, but you could still be respectful to each other.

And their jury votes were stupid! Placing almost all favorites very low. It's sick.

Banning them would be too harsh though, but I agree something has to change.

Happiness

That's not the point. First post is quite clear about the point which I totally agree.

I said in another topic but here I go for a second time, I would support such a decision from EBU but EBU is not able to do that, as the participation number is quite low.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That's not the point. First post is quite clear about the point which I totally agree.

I said in another topic but here I go for a second time, I would support such a decision from EBU but EBU is not able to do that, as the participation number is quite low.

I expect a lot of returns and a debut next year so the EBU could make it happen.

Grinch

Well, actually they don't do anything not let's say "illegal". Each juror make their own ranking and surprisingly they're same :D *serious mode on* Guess the only way to avoid this to place a camera in the jury rooms or something like that. Otherwise, they will keep doing this.

About not sitting next to each other, I'm not sure if it's always because of the countries themselves or the artists. Maybe other artists, crews won't do the same?

Kicking out these 2 countries is a bit too much :)

Happiness

I expect a lot of returns and a debut next year so the EBU could make it happen.

I also think so but nothing is certain yet. We may even lose participations like Israel.
But it doesn't matter, even with 30 participating, if EBU punishes them, I'd be here to keep supporting.

Who can debut anyway xthink

tuorem

I have a solution.

Let's make Eurovision with only 10 participants, including these two countries. That way, they'd be obliged to give 1 point to each other :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I also think so but nothing is certain yet. We may even lose participations like Israel.
But it doesn't matter, even with 30 participating, if EBU punishes them, I'd be here to keep supporting.

Who can debut anyway xthink

Well Serbia is a certain return at least. I'm not sure on Israel withdrawing, if they do the. I'm sure Lebanon will debut and maybe Morocco. I doubt other Muslim countries will because of the reputation ESC carries and how people dress (mainly focused at what woman wear). Kazakhstan May actually make it's debut by the looks of it next year as well.

lilka

Kazakhstan? That would mean another guaranteed 12 for Russia :lol:

ParadiseES

Well, then EBU must kick out Moldova and Iceland because ALL their jurors gave all their maximal points to Romania and Denmark. Or Belgium because they cancelled all the points they had for Armenia in a very dirty way. That's fishy for me too ;)

WhoKnows

I know it's easy to hate on these two, and it is disappointing what they have done, but you can't just stop here.

Look at :uk:, the juries put :pl: at 25, 25, 24, 24, 25, while televoters put it at #1. Similarly, in :ie:, 26, 26, 22, 22, 26, with once again televoters putting it at #1.

There are probably more too.

greece

Some thing every year omg...:? But see they are still here...
If they want to fight each other is their problem. I don't understand why all make it so big deal :?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I know it's easy to hate on these two, and it is disappointing what they have done, but you can't just stop here.

Look at :uk:, the juries put :pl: at 25, 25, 24, 24, 25, while televoters put it at #1. Similarly, in :ie:, 26, 26, 22, 22, 26, with once again televoters putting it at #1.

There are probably more too.

Yes but I doubt UK and Ireland were thinking "We hate Poland as a country so lets kill their chances". Poland got wrecked by juries all over Europe and you only need to look at the performance and listen to the song to get a gist as to why.

It's incredibly unfair though how they received 0 points from us after topping our phone vote. That's why this current way of ranking all 26 songs and combining the results is silly. With the old method, Poland would have still rightfully got points from us even if the jury didn't like it.

Azerbaijan and Armenia are a totally different story though. There wasn't any song ranking going on at the bottom of their lists, it was just war. Something needs to be done about them both. If they can't be civil to one another then remove them from the contest.

There is obviously the issue of neighbourly voting and patterns of countries rewarding suspiciously high points as well and that should be addressed.. but the Azerbaijan/Armenia issue is the most important. They are supposed to judge the songs and that's not judging songs but the country. Those last places for each other were nothing but autopilot votes.

WhoKnows

Yes but I doubt UK and Ireland were thinking "We hate Poland as a country so lets kill their chances". Poland got wrecked by juries all over Europe and you only need to look at the performance and listen to the song to get a gist as to why.

It's incredibly unfair though how they received 0 points from us after topping our phone vote. That's why this current way of ranking all 26 songs and combining the results is silly. With the old method, Poland would have still rightfully got points from us even if the jury didn't like it.

Azerbaijan and Armenia are a totally different story though. There wasn't any song ranking going on at the bottom of their lists, it was just war. Something needs to be done about them both. If they can't be civil to one another then remove them from the contest.

There is obviously the issue of neighbourly voting and patterns of countries rewarding suspiciously high points as well and that should be addressed.. but the Azerbaijan/Armenia issue is the most important. They are supposed to judge the songs and that's not judging songs but the country. Those last places for each other were nothing but autopilot votes.

Everyone and their mother - including the jury - knew that Polish diaspora in UK and Ireland would vote for Poland, and imo, the juries in those countries intentionally marked it down to combat that. It's very suspicious that five totally different people would all equally hate one song, especially given that other factor that I just mentioned.

I agree with you though, the ranking system is stupid. Honestly, if I heard the songs once and had to rank them 1-26. I'd probably have a couple that I really liked, a couple that I really disliked, the rest would most likely be just random order. That's no way to decide a winner.

Re, the bolded part - why should it be addressed? Neighbors usually vote for neighbors because they share a similar culture, music taste, etc. No country can win on these votes alone. One ranking position here and there don't make much of a difference. Besides, as Azerbaijan showed this year, when the song doesn't appeal to those neighbors, they don't vote for it. Shame, because it was a stunning song, albeit terrible performance. Similarly Poland showed that when they send a song that the neighbors appreciate, they will too vote for it (I'm talking about the televotes), whereas in the past, those same neighbors showed little interest in Poland.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Everyone and their mother - including the jury - knew that Polish diaspora in UK and Ireland would vote for Poland, and imo, the juries in those countries intentionally marked it down to combat that. It's very suspicious that five totally different people would all equally hate one song, especially given that other factor that I just mentioned.

I agree with you though, the ranking system is stupid. Honestly, if I heard the songs once and had to rank them 1-26. I'd probably have a couple that I really liked, a couple that I really disliked, the rest would most likely be just random order. That's no way to decide a winner.

Yeah but a similar jury result LITERALLY did happen for Poland all over Europe. It's a polarising entry and you've got to be a certain type of person to enjoy this kind of song plus performance. On 100% Jury vote, Poland this year would have finished 23rd. As predicted, it did dreadful all over Europe.

But yes, ranking songs fully after one (or is it two?) listens is silly. It takes me weeks to do a personal ranking list. Choosing just the 10 songs that stand out is better and is what the contest should revert back to.

Top Bottom