Oh-oh-oh-ooh
'Cause I might snap
Oh-oh-oh-ooh

And if one more person says, "You should get over it"
Oh, I might stop talking to people before I snap, snap, snap
Oh, I might stop talking to people before I snap

Snapping one, two
Where are you? (Where are you?)
You're still in my heart (Still in my heart)
Snapping three, four
Don't need you here anymore (Need you here anymore)
Get out of my heart
'Cause I might snap

Oh-oh-oh-ooh (Snap)
'Cause I might snap
Oh-oh-oh-ooh (Snap)
Get out of my heart
Oh-oh-oh-ooh
'Cause I might snap
Oh-oh-oh-ooh (Get out of my heart, get out of my)
'Cause I might snap​

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarFoxxie.

Ohhhhhhh that's why. I assumed it was something like that. I thought very famous celebrity retweeted it and then it got shared. Well its kinda disappointing. Not that viewing numbers speak about quality of anyone's song, but YouTube views, her results in Eurovision and reality speak different story. Thank god I don't have tock tick, those tick tocks trends. But will Spotify pay her off and give her money because she was in top 30 of for example Switzerland most heard songs? I suppose not.

ESC_Peggy

Ohhhhhhh that's why. I assumed it was something like that. I thought very famous celebrity retweeted it and then it got shared. Well its kinda disappointing. Not that viewing numbers speak about quality of anyone's song, but YouTube views, her results in Eurovision and reality speak different story. Thank god I don't have tock tick, those tick tocks trends. But will Spotify pay her off and give her money because she was in top 30 of for example Switzerland most heard songs? I suppose not.
I watched a Vox video about this topic.

Many major record labels who sign TikTok artists offer them an “advance” (loan) and demand complete ownership of all their music and keep, on average, 85% of future revenues on all platforms.

They want them at their peak after they’ve done all the hard work on their own. TikTok views often turn into Spotify streams. Spotify will give Rosa Linn cheques but her record label will receive 85%. Money talks and Spotify will add her song to playlists for a cost. As the artist has a loan to pay back to the record label, they often don’t receive much money until it’s paid.

If Rosa Linn had millions of Facebook, Instagram and TikTok followers she could say “Look I won’t give you 85% as I could promote the song on TikTok on my own”. But she doesn’t.

It’s a bit anti-climactic she has signed with Columbia Records after many noted how well Rosa Linn and her former label were doing with SNAP despite being relatively unknown even in Armenia.

PolarFoxxie.

Ohhh so most of the revenue (85%) actually goes to the record label and not her. I just compared YouTube views in the grand final and she is only on 15th place, shares it with Estonian guy. Thanks anyway!

Ezio

Veteran
Snap entered the Austrian Top 10 at #6

This is officially the most succesful Eurovision hit by another country without Eurovision success.

The last time a non-winner scored so high and became the most succesful ESC song at the same time, was in 2016 "If I were sorry"

PolarFoxxie.

I wouldn't define this song as Eurovision hit. How many points Armenia got from Austria in Eurovision??? I think user above you just explained random sudden success? With Spotify streams.

Nicfedy

It’s in 20s in the UK charts and has been in it 8 weeks or so and getting loads of radio play here. So nice to have a good song get successful some months after the contest.

ESC_Peggy

It’s in 20s in the UK charts and has been in it 8 weeks or so and getting loads of radio play here. So nice to have a good song get successful some months after the contest.
The song is a hit and because of that I would expect Rosa Linn to be able to sell 200 tickets for her concert tonight in London without having to advertise 6 times a day saying “come watch me sing SNAP” and giving loads away. They are only £9.35 each. Her manager masqueraded as a fan last night encouraging Eurovision fans to buy them. It’s not really a great sign.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Guys, Snap seems to be on Indonesian trending and I'm kind of happy that it is. It has peaked on Billboard Indonesia at no 17 and the original Hot 100 at 97, too.

But talking about the Hot 100, the latest chart looks horrendous.

ESC_Peggy

Guys, Snap seems to be on Indonesian trending and I'm kind of happy that it is. It has peaked on Billboard Indonesia at no 17 and the original Hot 100 at 97, too.

But talking about the Hot 100, the latest chart looks horrendous.
Horrendous? What do you mean?

ESC_Peggy

Rosa Linn has a concert in London and apparently she didn’t sell many tickets and her team were asking people on the street if they were available and gave away free tickets…

Loindici

Veteran
Horrendous? What do you mean?

DJ Khaled has just released a new album, and he dominates the chart with it. The amount of Bad Bunny and Harry Styles, too. Of course it's only horrendous by my preference since I didn't listen to their music.

ESC_Peggy

The song is starting to peak at 2.6M on global streams and it is struggling a little on the Billboard Hot 100.

Ezio

Veteran
Still #7 in :at:

Mainshow

Veteran
They´re just playing it at WDR2 right now - introducing it as "Now, this is brand new..." - Seriously, that´s why I hate (German) radio in general. They don´t turn songs into hits anymore. They´re super late, trend-chasing and kinda out-of-touch.
I don´t get it why they simply don´t try to play a few ESC songs during/prior ESC.
They don´t touch these entries or even mock the whole contest in advance but if something like "Arcade" or "Snap" surfaces, they play it throughout the whole next year

ESC94

They´re just playing it at WDR2 right now - introducing it as "Now, this is brand new..." - Seriously, that´s why I hate (German) radio in general. They don´t turn songs into hits anymore. They´re super late, trend-chasing and kinda out-of-touch.
I don´t get it why they simply don´t try to play a few ESC songs during/prior ESC.
They don´t touch these entries or even mock the whole contest in advance but if something like "Arcade" or "Snap" surfaces, they play it throughout the whole next year

Even I as a regular radio listener agree that many radio stations are very slow when it comes to including new songs into their playlists. Antenne Bayern, the biggest commercial radio channel here in ::bava only started a few weeks ago to play "Snap" regularly while Bayern 3, the pop channel of BR, included it pretty soon after the contest and plays it a lot.

Mainshow

Veteran
I just think it´s such a waste opportunity.

Some years ago, radio stations really helped to turn songs into hits and people got to know new songs via that platform. Nowadays, it seems that some/most of them just play songs which are already known/popular so that listeners don´t switch the channel...

Anyway, I´m glad that "Snap" turned out to be a post-Eurovision hit but honestly, the song itself had "dull but catchy radio song" written all over it even before the contest and it´s a mess that instead of them trying to push new artists, radio stations continue to play songs by Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran and Imagine Dragons which have been hits for 2 years or more.

A few spins before the contest, might have helped :am: to get a better rank in the end

ESC94

I just think it´s such a waste opportunity.

Some years ago, radio stations really helped to turn songs into hits and people got to know new songs via that platform. Nowadays, it seems that some/most of them just play songs which are already known/popular so that listeners don´t switch the channel...

Anyway, I´m glad that "Snap" turned out to be a post-Eurovision hit but honestly, the song itself had "dull but catchy radio song" written all over it even before the contest and it´s a mess that instead of them trying to push new artists, radio stations continue to play songs by Dua Lipa, Ed Sheeran and Imagine Dragons which have been hits for 2 years or more.

A few spins before the contest, might have helped :am: to get a better rank in the end

Generally I approve, I just pretend the slight diss against my favourite band isn´t there. ;)

kaludon209

I was thinking SloMo (dance videos), Stefania (sympathy posts for Ukraine) and SPACE MAN (I think he got famous through that app) would be huge on TikTok, heck, even Hold Me Closer (you know, kinda slowed down for those depression posts), never expected Snap to be the popular one though. But It's really cool that it gets the attention it needed. Wonder how much the results would have been different if it got this big before May.
https://www.routerlogin.net/
pikashow

Last edited:

ESC_Peggy

Radio stations can do what they want, their playlist is subjective and it partly depends on how much the record label want to push it. SNAP is charting in the UK but it was never added to the Radio 1 playlist and was removed from Radio 2 playlist after a few weeks. Other artists get songs added to playlists as soon as they are released simply because they are liked by the station.

Top Bottom