Contact us

Armenia ARMENIA 2021 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
And all of this is going for months already (political turmoil included). Why they haven't withdrawn yet, like they did on JESC? It's almost March and they still keep silence. It's pretty clear that these things won't go away until March 13. Imho, they are in.

Yes, but because it's ongoing and can very easily escalate, they might wait and see and I think that's the main reason they didn't confirm anything yet, in the end of the day they have too much on their heads right now so I think it's more the opposite that if things won't get more stable, they will withdraw but of course we'll have to wait and see.

Looren

Veteran
"That girl" is Inga Arshakyan who already entered Eurovision once before for Armenia back in 2009 together with her sister, back when Armenia was still good in Eurovision and also what an ESC edition that was! one of the best ones ever! xheat

Oh I wasn't following ESC at that period, I didn't knew that she participated in 2009 !

tuorem

I would like Athena back, if possible. xblush She put some serious chains on me last year. I legit thought Georgia was my number one, but my recent impressions tell me it's Armenia actually. I said it.

I seldom wish for returnees, but I definitely would not mind seeing Inga again tbh: she was the one who literally carried the weight of Genealogy both vocally and charisma-wise back in 2015. I'm pretty sure the entry would have been more enticing to me had she performed it alone. Her duet in 2009 was great, although she was unvoluntarily outshining Anush imo. :)

All in all, apart from some blunders, I have vibed with Armenians a lot last decade. I'm really glad they've been experimenting, even if the results weren't there lately.

Of course, I would understand if they withdrew in the end, but I hope not. So many sad things have occurred recently that I think they deserve to party with the rest of the family.

Love you guys :am: xrose

EscGeek

Veteran
:unsure:wait a minute.. how many of us actually ranked Tornike at #2? :LOL:

with tuorem he lost to Athena
with mauve he lost to Diodato
with RainyWoods he lost to Ana Soklič
with me, he lost to Lesley Roy

@Mrm was he also 2nd to you behind The Mamas??:LOL:

This is all very ironic given the lyrics.:lol:

"How do you want me to talk, like an Englishman?
Where do you want me to dress like an Italian?
Now do you want me to dance like a Spanish guy?
I guess you don't love me
No, you don't love me"

Mrm

Veteran
It was a chaos in Yerevan again today.. :(

I doubnt the broadcatser is able to arrange everyrything regarding ESC, even if they want to take part.. xcry

Mainshow

Veteran
It was a chaos in Yerevan again today.. :(

I doubnt the broadcatser is able to arrange everyrything regarding ESC, even if they want to take part.. xcry

Who knows.. Didn't Pashinyan announce that he's ready to make an early election happening if the opposition wants to vote in favor of it? - Maybe that's - from a Eurovision fan's point of view - some sort of good news?

Haverdge

Yeah, but too bad the opposition is full of the worst, most disgusting elements of the old corrupt regime.

Even if Pashinyan may be inept to some degree, and deeply flawed, the opposition is 100x worse, and will significantly hinder the quality of life in the country, as well as growth and progress, all for their own personal financial interests. It's embarrassing for me to even mention some of the things the people who are using Armenia's loss in this most recent conflict for their own personal gain did. Not to mention that it's their fault that the army was in such a bad shape, to begin with. As if they weren't governing the country for most of the last 30 years.

Mrm

Veteran
@Haverdge

What do you think about ESC and Armenia in 2021, what will happen?
What is the situation in braodcaster? Do you think it is able to arrange what Is necessary in order to take part in 2021 edition?

Loindici

Veteran
It's also concerning since David Tserunyan haven't updated literally anything on his social media accounts. If he suddenly appears next week with good news it'll be a total miracle.

Top Bottom