10 6.7%

21 14.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Armenia-scaled.jpg

Uto

Veteran
Just listened to all the entries. Was rough, not going to lie about that. Lot of songs with bad production values, also melodically weak all across the board. Worse yet, there are no alternatives, all options are going to run into direct competition and they're going to lose that battle. Feel like Armenia is going to be hopeless even if they were to send their best song.

Just Go Home Tier:
Karina EVN​
Why?​
Gabriel Jeeg​
It's Your Turn​
ERNA Tamazyan​
Life Faces​
Arthur Aleq​
Heaven​
Agop​
Butterflies​
Music Hayk​
What It Is to Be In Love​
Sergey and Nickolay Arutyunov​
Ha, Take a Step​

Barely Viable Tier:

Vladimir Arzumanyan​
What's Going On Mama​
EVA Rida​
No Love​

Leaves three songs:

Athena Manoukian​
Chains On You​
This isn't good. It just isn't good. It's a very obvious piece of contemporary urban Americana, but it lacks the 'cool' the Americans add to this stuff which is what makes it work according to me (admittedly I have never really delved into this stuff, but I do know there's a growing divide between the US and Europe when it comes to hiphop exactly because the Americans are turning to pretty a-musical hip-hop which is something 'we' don't seem to like unless certain unknown factors are met). What I do like is that this is a ballsy entry and given the distinct lack of quality coming from Armenia this is the ideal situation to just bet the farm on a song like this. Would be fairly happy if they send this, but I have absolutely no idea how this will perform. I also have no clue how to do successful staging for a song like this.

Miriam Baghdassarian​
Run Away​
This is here because it's a song that has good production values and apparently a decent vocalist, but it pretty much stops there which shows you how weak I think the Armenian line-up is. The song itself is boring and just not a good choice. Melodically it's trite and it's just 3 minutes of boredom really. Hardly any message, hardly any dynamics, just three minutes of nothing to save you from something much worse. This should not be chosen, but it won't be embarrassing if it is.

TOKIONINE​
Save Me​
Really it's a two horse race in Armenia. Either you take a huge risk on Athena or you go for TOKIONINE. There's something really not right with this song though. The producer(s) really need to learn how to use an equalizer, but there's still ample time for a bit of reworking. Beyond that this is a song that is melodically decent and very much reminiscent of The Weeknd which is good. It wouldn't be something that he would put out as a single because there are just too many problems here and the chorus isn't world class, but this could definitely be on an album for instance. As such it's a solid decision to send this and it's my pick of the bunch.

ClaudiuP

I thought Vladimir would have a stronger song. I am disappointed to be honest, but he is a really good singer. Hope he'll try again in the future.

Zonne147

Only listened to "Chains on You" and "Save Me".
I truly enjoyed "Save Me", it's a nice pop song with some interesting elements.
Don't get the hype around "Chains on You" though... what's so special about the song?
Hope the rest is better.
If not, then I would be happy with TOKIONINE.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Athena Manoukian was on our x Factor in 2018 apparently.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well I've gone through the entries now and I must say there really isn't a great deal of anything that excites me, but it's not even close to being the worse NF this year because there is potential. What I sense is that there is plenty here that Armenia can stage the hell out off. They're usually super great when it comes to staging so I imagine some of these will come alive more stage and look visually great. I didn't think more to Athenas song on first listen, but on a 2nd listen I like it a bit more but there isn't much that makes me want to go back and listen.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
giphy.gif

Save Me by TOKIONINE
Ha, Take A Step by Sergey and Nickolay Arutyunov
Why? by Karina EVN
Run Away by Miriam Baghdassarian

Butterflies by Agop
Life Faces by Erna Tamazyan
No Love by EVA Rida

What's Going On Mama by Vladimir Arzumanyan
It's Your Turn by Gabriel Jeeg
What It Is To Be In Love by Music Hayk
Chains On You by Athena Manoukian
Heaven by Arthur Aleq

Citelis

Looks like ''Save me'' is fan's favorite so far but personally i think it's really really horrible.

Citelis

At least please try not to send ''Save me''. :confused:

elanyvx

Running Order

01 Agop
02 Karina EVN
03 Music Hayk
04 ERNA
05 Eva Rida
06 Athena Manoukian
07 Gabriel Jeeg
08 Sergey e Nikolay Arutyunov
09 Miriam Baghdassarian
10 Vladimir Arzumanyan
11 Arthur Aleq
12 TOKIONINE

hijirio

Veteran
I see alot of potential in Chains on You. I think the song lacks a bit more ethnic elements, add them and you have a Turkish ESC song that woud have finished top 5 in the past decade. I'm not even talking about the staging potential. After 2 years missing the final, I think Armenia should not risk it this year and send Athena straight to Rotterdam. I'm just a bit worried cuz ARMTV did not serve the best sound quality in the 2018 NF and many singers sounded off.

'Save me' looks like hit or miss. I could see it NQ if the NF is full of solo male pop songs that are better than this one, which is a quite high possibility tbh.

In any case, I want Armenia to win one day, but looks like this year they're just gonna pass. I'd be happy with having them back in the final.

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

hijirio

Veteran
Omg I just realized Vladimir Arzumanyan is also participating.

Destiny vs Vladimir xheat Is this real?

Jk i hope they don't choose him the song is the blandest thing i've heard this season

Uto

Veteran
I see alot of potential in Chains on You. I think the song lacks a bit more ethnic elements, add them and you have a Turkish ESC song that woud have finished top 5 in the past decade. I'm not even talking about the staging potential.
This is not a bad idea by any means. Right now it's definitely missing some variety and by adding some of those Turkic melodies it will sound much more interesting. It's also something that will find an audience in Western Europe because a lot of kids of Turkic descent are incorporating those melodies in their music, mainly in hip-hop where this works like a charm.

choda

Interview with lovely Athena - toughest one i had to do - with internet going down because of the stormy weather and such, but still - Athena was so humble and nice. Take a look at this short interview :D

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Loindici

Veteran
Guess Athena is winning this then. All acts rumored by Wiwibloggs going to Rotterdam at this point.

heke1988

Athena sounded like mixed Nicki Minaj and Rihanna. I didn't like her song. Instead I liked Erna Tamazyan and Karina EVN songs.

ESCREGION

ATHENA HAS TO WIN THIS :love: :love:
She's gonna slay them all in Rotterdam. Please Armenians cancell Depi Evratesil and send her in May.
:12: for ATHENA and my favourite entry this season so far

Top Bottom