11 7.4%

10 6.7%

21 14.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Armenia-scaled.jpg

aef

This is easily the most shitty song from :am: ever... I'm sorry, 0 points from me. We don't need more bad songs with female artists like :lv: and :au:.

dezbee2008

I see some of you aren't ready for Athena and it shows

Honestly, though, this is the worst NF this year in terms of song quality, so Chains on You had to win this one. The live version was a bit off, but they had to pick the least shitty song on there. So with that, she gets a 12 because the studio version is a serve. I'm hoping for a revamp to include some ethnic elements because it needs it. But for right now, I'll be one of Athena's earliest supporters.

JohnyKaz

The entire Armenian selection this year was very meh. Athena, despite having a mediocre song, was actually the best. It's a 7 from me now but it needs a revamp.

aef

Realest

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-It's got a decent beat, at least.

THE BAD:
-This sound is so dated.
-This also sounds like a paint-by-numbers (i.e., typical) pop song.
-The foreign instruments sound like a last-minute decision.

THE VERDICT:
No doubts about it, this is the worst entry so far. It's the worst of pre-Jagged Little Pill Alanis Morissette, combined with the worst of early-aughts pop. If this entry goes on as is in May, it will rank very low, and it'll be well deserved. 5 points

EscGeek

Veteran
As a fan of both, "Boom Boom" and "Chains on you", i don't get the comparison. "Boom Boom" is closer to a novelty song, while "Chains on you" is more in line with "7 rings"

Schlagerman1

I am all for hiphop songs in ESC (and look at semi 2, we already have three songs with clear hiphop/rnb flavour with Armenia, Latvia and Czech Republic, "Soldi"-effect is real ya'll). And this starts off pretty interesting...but after one minute I feel that I have already heared the whole song. They really need to work on the act and maybe make the song more interesting in some way.

But this was the best song to choose for ESC...which shows how lost Armenia now is in ESC...and is it look now, this will be murdered by the jury.

Sammy

Veteran
As a fan of both, "Boom Boom" and "Chains on you", i don't get the comparison. "Boom Boom" is closer to a novelty song, while "Chains on you" is more in line with "7 rings"
There is no comparison of the two songs in terms of genre. aef said, "Chains on you" was the most shitty song and I contradicted saying that "boom boom" was worse. We didn't try to find any similarities between the songs.

Top Bottom