11 6.7%

15 9.1%

10 6.1%

10 6.1%

6 3.7%

13 7.9%

• Total voters

Amethystos

Finland and Ireland (i won't mention the freakness of Israel because that was too damn obvious...) over this is tragic. That build up until the final moment with also the chorus proved to be a really marvelous moment. But you know, eurovision can be sometimes a dark place...

I totally agree, but remember that not every performer is able to fill the stage up by using ONLY his charisma.
He should have worked some different ideas about his stage setup.....

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I'll miss his beauty ;_; but I think his NQ was deserved. Vocally on point, missed the whole rest

Yoozek

As I previously mentioned, he isn't that good vocalist. He couldn't even hit the high note ONCE in all these performances, rehearsals, national final stuff etc. That's what you get when you're giving 80%. Sorry Sevak, if it's about a word I don't understand I prefer Quele Quele to Qami.

Tamar though.... :lol:

Haverdge

Really sad for Sevak... he didn't deserve not to qualify. I can't believe this is in the same category as Emmy and Boom Boom. :(

Juliette

I loved the song, but this is Eurovision. No good staging - no finals. Not to mention his more or less weak voice. :(

hijirio

Veteran
Really sad for Sevak... he didn't deserve not to qualify. I can't believe this is in the same category as Emmy and Boom Boom. :(

Hurts even more to think that Lonely Planet qualified and this didn't.

This SF was like a final.

Brandt

Boom Boom is my guilty pleasure :D This is just boring.

EscGeek

Veteran
Boom Boom qami qami
your kiss is like tsunami
Boom Boom qami qami
your love goes through my tummy
This country failed in wrong years, it's true
I'm in need of a tissue xcry1

:mrgreen:

Citelis

The main reason that this didn't qualify is because the song was bad! Staging didn't help!

Milos-BC

I predicted this one to flop and I am not surprised. The only thing that was good are his vocals. Other than that, the song is very weak and it would not be right to take the place of someone else who deserved it more.

musicfan

Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia all did decent songs this year, none qualified but that doesn't tell you the full story at all. This song still seems underrated.

Alaska49

sevak was NQ for the same reason as yianna: deficient staging. i was not ever the biggest fan of qami but it is clear that the right staging would elevate it. eugent qualified, so it's not like juries were not receptive to what qami could have been. it's doubly disappointing because armenia is usually brilliant at staging, it's not like greece that has struggled with staging this entire decade.

FilipFromSweden

It's actually a really beautiful song that I've listened to several times already. I just think the studio version didn't translate on the live stage.

Mainshow

Veteran
I was so happy to see Armenia singing a song entirely in their native language.
That said, this entry was a bit lacklustre, no? - He was a great performer (vocalist) but the song itself sounded a bit too old-fashioned.. I didn't get the addition of those 80s guitars + the staging was like non-existent. Armenia did SUCH AN INCREDIBLE work in 2016, 2017.. maybe they didn't have enough budget to come up with something as stunning as those performances?

Haverdge

I am very saddened that this is our worst-performing entry ever. I can't wrap my mind around how this did worse than Boom Boom - which was tacky and utter garbage.

The song is very beautiful and touching, the words are meaningful, the singer is competent, and talented. I don't deny, though, that the stage show was somewhat boring, and that Sevak didn't do a good job of promoting his song. He is a singer, and not a performer, and performers generally tend to do better in this contest than singers. His lack of English speaking skills also probably did not help him promote the song and help people connect his story with it. All in all, a very strong effort, with tragicly lackluster results.

Mainshow

Veteran
To be fair, "Boom Boom" took part back in 2011 - which was a weak year in general - whilst "Qami" was part of the "bloodbath" semi in 2018 which was super crowded by favourite entries, high quality entries and countries which usually perform well in Eurovision.

Personally, I think "Qami" is a nice song but it wasn't enough to qualify from that very strong semi because the song sou ds quite old-fashioned. The revamped version was such a letdown because of the dated guitar sound. They should have made it more ethno-influenced and a bit more dramatic to stand out.

Non-existing English skills doesn't have an effect on the results in terms of promotion. The general public doesn't even know who is going to represent another country before that entrant actually hits the stage on the night of the grand final or semi xD

Top Bottom