17 8.3%

16 7.8%

11 5.4%

37 18.0%

• Total voters

Mrm

Veteran
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

And what about Inga, or Anush, I dunno which one took part? She was god or not?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Great performance, great song and a deserved qualifier.

I respect your opinion my friend but would you dare to wedge a "vocal" between "Great" and "performance"? I know music is a subjective thing but I strongly thought it was a mess, and half of them can barely hold a tune. The song itself has it's interesting parts, the bridge in particular (that was ruined live) but overall it's a rushed composition in which they've just tried to cram as much as possible into the 3 minutes allowed. They've just summoned half a dozen random artists together that have no chemistry together, plonked them on stage with a wind machine and that was enough to qualify despite how disastrous the live vocals were. I always thought Armenia would qualify but after hearing the song tonight and watching the performance, i'm adamant that it's incredibly undeserved.

There were songs tonight I really didn't like.. Russia, Romania, Hungary. Solid performances got them through and they deserved it in the end. Georgia, another entry I wasn't a fan of was just flat out awesome tonight and won me over. The performance tonight for Armenia was the opposite.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

And what about Inga, or Anush, I dunno which one took part? She was god or not?

She saved it. If it wasn't for Inga, I don't know what would have happened. I probably would have spontaneously combusted there and then on the spot. I thought it really was that poor. I'm wondering if technical difficulties were at play actually as a fair few artists were off tonight I thought. Daniel, Elhaida, Trin.. even Bojana was holding her earpiece a lot.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Georgia, another entry I wasn't a fan of was just flat out awesome tonight and won me over.

Totally off-topic, but does this mean that the House of Both Warriors has a new occupant?

If so, then settle in. Make yourself at home. There's a fully furnished bedroom and bathroom just upstairs. I have some Mei Finegold Non-Qualification tears I shed last year that should just now be getting ripe; may I offer you some?

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I respect your opinion my friend but would you dare to wedge a "vocal" between "Great" and "performance"? I know music is a subjective thing but I strongly thought it was a mess, and half of them can barely hold a tune. The song itself has it's interesting parts, the bridge in particular (that was ruined live) but overall it's a rushed composition in which they've just tried to cram as much as possible into the 3 minutes allowed. They've just summoned half a dozen random artists together that have no chemistry together, plonked them on stage with a wind machine and that was enough to qualify despite how disastrous the live vocals were. I always thought Armenia would qualify but after hearing the song tonight and watching the performance, i'm adamant that it's incredibly undeserved.

There were songs tonight I really didn't like.. Russia, Romania, Hungary. Solid performances got them through and they deserved it in the end. Georgia, another entry I wasn't a fan of was just flat out awesome tonight and won me over. The performance tonight for Armenia was the opposite.

As I respect you, but I find it curious how you can criticize the performance of Genealogy but praise the performance of PKN. They were fine in rehearsals and dreadful tonight. It actually hurt my ears. Armenia vocally were still good. Not as good as some of the rehearsals but for sure good enough to qualify from this horrible semi.

Mrm

Veteran
She saved it. If it wasn't for Inga, I don't know what would have happened. I probably would have spontaneously combusted there and then on the spot. I thought it really was that poor. I'm wondering if technical difficulties were at play actually as a fair few artists were off tonight I thought. Daniel, Elhaida, Trin.. even Bojana was holding her earpiece a lot.

But Bojana slayed with vocals, I was speechless..

So it is Inga.. :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
As I respect you, but I find it curious how you can criticize the performance of Genealogy but praise the performance of PKN. They were fine in rehearsals and dreadful tonight. It actually hurt my ears. Armenia vocally were still good. Not as good as some of the rehearsals but for sure good enough to qualify from this horrible semi.

Finland had a completely different song, and what was needed and acceptable with it was different. I thought Finland were shocking tonight and I loved it. It's a different genre. It was raw and I bought it and what they were doing. Armenia weren't singing a Punk Rock song. That needed tonnes more finery and they had none of it. Inga was close to great, but the others just weren't. I still don't know why that first guy is there. It's not often i'd flat out say that someone can't sing but I don't think he can, not in English anyway.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Totally off-topic, but does this mean that the House of Both Warriors has a new occupant?

If so, then settle in. Make yourself at home. There's a fully furnished bedroom and bathroom just upstairs. I have some Mei Finegold Non-Qualification tears I shed last year that should just now be getting ripe; may I offer you some?

Hmm... Maybe....

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Finland had a completely different song, and what was needed and acceptable with it was different. I thought Finland were shocking tonight and I loved it. It's a different genre. It was raw and I bought it and what they were doing. Armenia weren't singing a Punk Rock song. That needed tonnes more finery and they had none of it. Inga was close to great, but the others just weren't. I still don't know why that first guy is there. It's not often i'd flat out say that someone can't sing but I don't think he can, not in English anyway.

I agree with the first guy. He is the weak link in the band and nearly killed the performance.

As for Punk, I've listened to that since I was 11, and Punk doesn't actually have to equal intentionally bad. They quite obviously performed that badly on purpose, as they are far better than that, and I don't like an act that doesn't give their best performance on the night. They sabotaged their own performance, and that pisses me off.

But it's gone now, so I can enjoy the final in peace.

However, I know you like the song, so you have my sympathies that they didn't make it through.

Hopefully your other favourites make it through on Thursday. :)

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I agree with the first guy. He is the weak link in the band and nearly killed the performance.

As for Punk, I've listened to that since I was 11, and Punk doesn't actually have to equal intentionally bad. They quite obviously performed that badly on purpose, as they are far better than that, and I don't like an act that doesn't give their best performance on the night. They sabotaged their own performance, and that pisses me off.

But it's gone now, so I can enjoy the final in peace.

However, I know you like the song, so you have my sympathies that they didn't make it through.

Hopefully your other favourites make it through on Thursday. :)

You're the only person i've come across that likes Punk music but doesn't like this entry, but I respect that you don't like it.

Thank you:p I'm not really too down about tonight. None of my top favourites are here. I really wanted Finland through but it wasn't to be. Serbia was awesome and made it so i'm happy for Bojana. Albania were disappointing but managed to make it so i'm happy about that. Big chance on Thursday i'll only be left with Latvia from my top 5.

Grinch

Andre:

Dear ‪#‎Europe‬ ‪#‎JanJan‬,
This year our land of ‪#‎ApricotStone‬ is going to represent you a song called ‪#‎FacetheShadow‬, which has a very strong message. But ‪#‎WithoutYourLove‬ and support, we can’t spread it also in the final of the show. So, please, ‪#‎QeleQele‬- take your mobile phones and ‪#‎BoomBoom‬ the ‪#‎Eurovision‬ with your votes for Armenia! Let’s proof this ‪#‎LonelyPlanet‬, that it’s ‪#‎NotAlone‬, until people living here are united with love, support and warmth towards each other!!! Listen to our song ‪#‎AnytimeYouNeed‬ and just ‪#‎DontDeny‬....that it's worth to vote for ‪#‎theNumber02‬! ‪#‎GoArmenia‬!

:lol:

eugoose

Ugh, why on earth did this hot mess qualify?

D.I.A.S.P.O.R.A

And it got worse when Australia was given the right to vote in Semi 1. It was like watching some god-awful cult trying to induct people through some weird, twisted ritual.

Fluke

Yeah, the only problem i can see with the performance, except that some vocal part sounded slightly shaky, is the completely messed up camera angles, which plagued many other entries this semi. I bet they'll fix that in time :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Wonderful, I was rooting for Armenia big time. Hungary, Armenia and Estonia are my favorites in this Semi so I'm stocked they made the cut. I was a little worried as today wasn't their best performance but they sounded great during the jury show and I think the juries gave Genealogy a good amount of points. Don't understand why people here don't like the song. Anyway, they did it and that's all I need to know.

ParadiseES

The song is terrible and it's probably my pee break for saturday because I simply can't stand this nonsense and mess. However, I don't think the performance was bad.

Anyway, there's no way in a semifinal with Belgium, Netherlands, France, Russia, Belarus, Georgia, Greece, Spain voting Armenia will not qualify. No way. Even with this song as we could see.

pinkchiffon

Yeah, I was not impressed by this. The group sections were balanced in such a way that they became an amorphous clamour where the melody would not have even been clear if you hadn't heard the song before. Most of the problems could probably be solved by turning Inga up (her voice is a destructive force of nature and yet she was hardly audible from the second chorus onward) and keeping the harmony steady, as I think the balance was even bouncing around from person to person (but not Inga) at some points.

Oh, and the guy from France is embarrassing. I don't think that problem can be solved :lol:

Haverdge

I'm glad we qualified and I do think it was deserved but a lot of the camera angles were off, and I think a large part of that had to do with the organizers because I noticed it was off for others as well.

Didn't think ORF would be so sloppy.

Top Bottom