Contact us

ARMENIA 2012 - Not taking part

Yamarus

Armenia's withdrawal was relatively predictable.

As the date of ESC approaches, I am noticing a slow but noticeable increase in media attention toward Azerbaijan. I fear the Armenia-Azerbaijan issue will steal the limelight at the expense of the Contest itself.

Eames

Your truth is only one side of the story. Armenians have their truth as well.

Don't you find it pathetic that the president of Azerbaijan calls all the world's Armenians enemies of his country?! What is this Germany of the 30's?! Just WOW! I can't believe Eurovision will be held in Azerbaijan.

So stop this craziness, OWL! This is not the right forum for it.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I keep deleting posts & it doesn't look good one those who are responsible for all the extra work you're causing us.

Grinch

@OWL Could you please stop it? Yes, I know there are racist people on this forum, just ignore them.

A-lister

Veteran
@ Matt

I apologize for getting over-heated in the debate, but since he started calling me different names I just thought he took it too far!

If I would be all those things he called me, then I logically wouldn't support the woman in my avatar for my own country.

Qele_Armenia

no wonder that Azery users are overjoyed 'bout Armenia's withdrawal. since their president openly states that Armenians are their N1 enemy, what d'you expect of them?

en extract from Azerbaijani president's speech
First, our main enemies are Armenians of the world and the hypocritical and corrupt politicians under their control. The politicians who don’t wish to see the truth and are engaged in denigrating Azerbaijan in different parts of the world.
http://en.president.az/articles/4423

A-lister

Veteran
Yeah I apologize too, Matt. Sorry about that!

I apologize for my posts as well Matt, sorry about that.

Wow we Swedes are really an "apologizing" bunch :lol:

But yeah, sorry Matt for making you do the extra work.

And while I'm at it I'd like to apologize to myself aswell for once again being so easily provoked :lol:

However I don't apologize to the troll and for my opinions :twisted:

Hmm what else should I apologize for...? :lol:

No, jokes a side, seriously sorry Matt xhug

KissMeYouFool

first, they said "we need security guarantees", after they received those, they said "we are not going because Azeris killed our soldier", (turns out he was killed by his own countrymen!) and now they are not coming because of what president Aliyev said? :lol:

In the words of Sgt. O'Neill from "Platoon", "Excuses are like a$$holes, Taylor. Everybody has one". :twisted:

summerrain

I think, they shouldn't have agreed about going to Baku in first place. Of course, people from Azerbaijan weren't happy about them coming over, I mean there are many families whose relatives have died because of this war and it wouldn't be nice for them to see Armenians performing in Baku. At the same time, if Armenians did come over wouldn't it be awkward for them? They also have negative associations with Azerbaijan so what's the point of them coming over? And oh my god, EVERYONE by now knows that Armenia and Azerbaijan are the BIGGEST enemies ever, so why did Armenia get so offended with Ilham Aliev's statement? Its not like Armenians don't say the same thing about Azerbaijan. I had a friend from Armenia and the amount of times she told me how much she hates Azerbaijan... Anyway, both countries hate each other, and its not ruining Eurovision at all, this isn't the first time when one country refuses to go to another one because of the politics. When Georgia refused to go to Russia in 2009, its not like the show was ten times worse than it would have been, right? :D And there is no chance Eurovision could bring Azerbaijan and Armenia together. Its a competition, so it makes the situation much more difficult. Its a good thing Armenia has withdrawn not just for their sake, but also for the sake of Azerbaijan and for the sake of other countries. Its not the end of the world. Armenia probably doesn't even realize that by withdrawing they're doing Azerbaijan a HUUUUGE favour.

JustinCase

It still surprised me, especially at this point. After they signed up, I figured they would be there in Baku. I guess it is hard for us here to understand how sensitive and volatile this relationship really is.

SharpLady

I don’t think that the Eurovision will be uninteresting if Armenians don’t participate there. Armenian side showed its futility and insincerity. But there is a good side too. Henceforth we will not think about will Armenia participate or not. Finally, we will be able to concentrate on the contest.

Top Bottom