Contact us

Any songs stuck on repeat in your head?

Neo

After the contest, there's normally a long playlist on the jukebox in my head which then gradually reduces over time until only one or two remains and bizarrely, that's now a couple of songs I never really liked that much: Austria - Walking on Air and Croatia - My Friend.

Over and over and over they go. Practically daily. I guess their positive message is a good influence, but why couldn't my brain have chosen some of the better songs eh?

tuorem

Austria - Walking on Air and Croatia - My Friend.

You need a shock therapy: go and listen to your personal top 5 daily :p

Indeed we can't choose which songs are going to get stuck in our heads for an undefined period of time. Personally, I've considered myself quite lucky so far: I've had successively "Skeletons", "World", "Keep The Faith" and "In Too Deep" on repeat in my head in the past weeks. Out of these, only Azerbaijan and Serbia are in my top 10.

Ironically, the song I listen to the most at the moment is "Verona" - I rape the replay button - yet it has never "haunted" me like the ones mentioned above. There is no logic :lol:

Ezio

Veteran
2017 really was a sad year. The songs don't stick with me. Only the winner Salvador, Francesco Gabbani, Blanche and Melfest Queen Wiktoria and King Jon-Henrik.

I have to say though that the emotions that :pt: :it: and :se: Wiktoria/JHF cause, are pretty intense. :pt: almost always makes me cry, :it: always me grin and cheers me up and Wiktoria/JHF bewitch me every time.

Of 2016 I still listen a lot to :at: :pl: :bg: :se: :es: :nl: :cz: :lv:, UMK finalist Saara Aalto

Most intense emotions caused by Zoe and Michal Szpak.

Of 2015 I still listen a lot to :es: :sl: :il: :lv: :it: :be: :me: :pt: :nl:

Most intense emotions caused by Il Volo.

Of 2014 I still listen a lot to :hu: :nl:

Of 2013 I still listen a lot to :no: :is: :rs: :nl:

Most intense emotions caused by Iceland.

Of 2011 I still listen a lot to :de: :cy:

Of 2010 I still listen a lot to :sk: - I just love it so much it hurts.

EscGeek

Veteran
I too am guilty of the fading interest after the contest is over:oops:

..BUT...

my top 6 is still relevant xmusic

Realest

At the moment i have a big earwig from :ba: 2005.

Neo

Had it only been 2004..

[MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] Unfortunately the 'shock therapy' treatment doesn't work as my kid still plays both semis and final from time to time (including the great Verona) so I get to hear all songs and it still doesn't work, it's just "walking on air" and "my friend" regardless (I do both voices in my head too).
AKURoCE.gif

tuorem

Had it only been 2004..

[MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] Unfortunately the 'shock therapy' treatment doesn't work as my kid still plays both semis and final from time to time (including the great Verona) so I get to hear all songs and it still doesn't work, it's just "walking on air" and "my friend" regardless (I do both voices in my head too).
AKURoCE.gif

Aw, bless your kid :) That's cute! I can't wait to watch the shows again too (I've just ordered the DVD yesterday).

I totally get that "Running On Air" can be an earworm, "My Friend" on the hand hand is quite an interesting "pick" as I feel like the melody is way less hummable and memorizable even after a few listenings, so that's "funny" that that one - out of all the entries - got you :p Now if you sing both voices in your head, that's amazing :D Do you like those songs more now? What did you think of them beforehand?

Having a song constantly and unintentionally on repeat can be pleasurable or make you dislike it eventually.

Neo

They have climbed on the list, especially Croatia that was a bit lost by the 'format' of the two voices and the intro message that was a bit off-putting, but they are nowhere near faves so it's weird how they have stuck.

ESCada

Dance Alone, Skeletons, The instrumental part of In Too Deep, Requiem and Paper.

I cannot get to slow and emotional on +40 degrees Celsius ..... Waiting for the first leaves to fall so I can get back on the Portugal/Poland/Finland 2017 love train.

Deleted member 15618

I really enjoy Norway's Grab the Moment. It sticks in my head too- I find myself looking for it to listen to in Spotify. Needless to say, Amar Pelos Dois tops the listening repeats for me. Even my sister constantly hums through Amar Pelos Dois, which is saying something because Cry No More was her favourite.

Neo

Now it's Australia 'Don't Come Easy' that's churning. But I'm beginning to see a pattern here as I just got a boat and then it was all 'walking on air' and 'my friend', whereas now I've had it for a few weeks and busy doing repairs and maintenance it's suddenly 'don't come easy - don't come cheap'. :rolleyes: Seriously, I'm not kidding.

I wonder if that's how it works. Phrases and moods picked by the brain to fit the current life situation. But weird it's only ESC songs when I listen to hits on the radio often enough too.

MyHeartIsYours

:il: :ie: :3

Usually songs I didn't like at the Contest I get into after Eurovision, but it's not happened this year :p

Eulaliya

All the Baltic entries, most especially :ee: and :lt: xheart

Top Bottom