Contact us

Andorra ANDORRA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Iker

Veteran
We know well that they will not participate unfortunately. If they somehow do (which would be shocking) please enter something listenable for once and in Catalan.

tomos2019

I did once read something about them finally returning in 2022, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen either. :confused:

I see a lot that people's favourites seem to be 2007 or occasionally 2008, but my favourite is actually their debut from 2004, I just thought it was a pretty polished act given it's not a very big country!

aef

Sabrewulf238

Have Andorra officially confirmed their participation next year?

I was just looking at the Wikipedia page and Andorra is on the list of confirmed countries.

GermanBango

Have Andorra officially confirmed their participation next year?

I was just looking at the Wikipedia page and Andorra is on the list of confirmed countries.
"In November 2019, Democrats for Andorra, the ruling party of Andorra, stated that the country would eventually return to the contest, with a cost assessment as a prerequisite.[23] Susanne Georgi, the 2009 Andorran representative, stated in May 2020 that she had secured the funding required for the country to return.[24] Later that year, on 1 August 2020, Georgi explained on Eurovision fan website Wiwibloggs' podcast that she had held a meeting with Prime Minister of Andorra Xavier Espot Zamora, in which they verbally agreed to make a return in 2022"

A-lister

Veteran
I was slightly optimistic, but seeing the Sanmarinese flop then I am not so sure any longer...

I mean technically speaking, San Marino's position (for a micro-state in this time and age) wasn't that bad, they still qualified which is something they've barely done, but with their effort and pre-hype it was still a flop I guess and this could discourage Andorra when they are putting all the cards on the table discussing pros and cons of returning.

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Esc_Vinyero

Apparently (I can't read that article) Andorra won't be back next year :(

I've been trying to find an official source for this information but apparently only this blog and another Portuguese website are talking about it? I checked the RTVA's website but there's nothing there... Idk, I think I'll wait for something more "official" (I don't have any hopes tho😪)

Mainshow

Veteran
I've been trying to find an official source for this information but apparently only this blog and another Portuguese website are talking about it? I checked the RTVA's website but there's nothing there... Idk, I think I'll wait for something more "official" (I don't have any hopes tho😪)
Thanks for checking the source/text.

Hope never dies, though!

Top Bottom