Contact us

ANDORRA 2012 - Not eligible - Not taking part

gemmar

Re: ANDORRA 2012

I quite liked all of Andorra's entries, so I'd love to see them back - the more participants, the better!

Charly

Andorra will not make a come back:

RTVA has confirmed to fellow Eurovision fan site JanelaESC that Andorra will not be making a return to the contest in 2012.

Former Andorran Eurovision broadcaster RTVA stated they had no plans to return to the contest due to economic reasons, plus general disinterest in the contest at the present. RTVA added that there are no plans to broadcast the event as their programming currently has a focus on municipal elections and other local projects to take place in the upcoming year. However, RTVA did add that if they can find a sponsor, they would consider giving Eurovision another go, but acknowledged that it would be difficult to come by.

Sabiondo

Its mean Another year without Automatic 12 points for Spain ... :cry::cry:

I hope that in few years can be able to comeback strong.

AlekS

Veteran

I'm not going to change the thread title because they can find a sponsor.
Wish them to come back.

Sabiondo

I'm not going to change the thread title because they can find a sponsor.
Wish them to come back.

I doubt sooo much that very much that :ad: with the curently economic crisis who are in Spain and France, will find herself to sponsor by December, and even more with municipal elections that they have & the new programming of RTVA for 2012, that was have consumed more of their limited budget , so i dobut that they want back to ESC , unless if Spain wins the next year hehehe :( but the hope always remains until the end :D

Last edited:

CPV4931

With Sweden + Romania my favorite country in Eurovision in the recent years - I hope for a comeback soon, but it´s sad, that it won´t be in Baku.

Grinch

I heard RTVA decided to leave EBU and Andorra will not participate in ESC again. Is that true?

CPV4931

I hope, they will stay in EBU/return to Eurovision... a small hope is still there

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Eurovision.de confirmed that Andorra made an official announcement confirming what Grinch said. Andorra is leaving the EBU and therefore is no longer eligible to be part of the contest :(

It's all about the money, too much dept

Maybe they'll be back one day but for now it's tiime to say goodbye to Andorra

CPV4931

very sad :-( Bye + I hope, you come back soon, Andorra!

c94

Ohhh, some devastating news! :( Hopefully Andorra will return to the contest before... pffff... 2030?! :( I'm sincerely sorry they have leaved. And to be more dramatic I would say "RIP Andorra!"

Last edited:

Andalublue

I really liked La teva decisió and Spain certainly misses the points, but this is no big deal. Andorra hasn't really made a huge contribution to Eurovision history. Now, when is Monaco coming back? And Morocco?

Top Bottom