Contact us

American Song Contest

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Breaking news:

Spanish-speaking countries will hold an own song contest in 2023.
Portugal and Brazil are invited as well.

@Matt @Sean We need a new subforum!

StephenMuckle

I'd like to see a few artists take part that we haven't seen in a long time. For example Norah Jones had a massively successful album in the early 2000s, sold millions worldwide and won multiple awards, and her talent is exceptional. Don't Know Why (no pun intended) she disappeared off the radar. Sunrise was an amazing song too.

Miss Antartica

Head of Entertainment at :rs: RTS confirmed Sebian broadcaster will also air the contest. Proud tbh.

International broadcasting[edit]​

The show is also set to be broadcast in multiple European countries:

• 23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
    Finland – Yle[44]
  • 21px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png
    Iceland – RÚV[45]
  • 23px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png
    Serbia – RTS[46]
  • 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
    Sweden – SVT[47]

But they brodcast the seminal of march 21? And they brodcast live or delayeted?​

RevNet

And now we have #5, which is the Greek broadcaster ERT:

Betwixt Tales

I have to stay loyal to my family in the US, and root for Michigan. xmetal
Beyond that, whichever song I like best.

12Pointsgoto.....

Didn't Flo Rida ones say that he will take senhit to the american song contest with him. Or am I just stupid. I am sure that he said it last year

macmillanandwife

Breaking news:

Spanish-speaking countries will hold an own song contest in 2023.
Portugal and Brazil are invited as well.

@Matt @Sean We need a new subforum!
Hispavison will be a spiritual successor to the OTI Festival that was held between 1972-2000. It was quite successful, but stopped because it had its own problems. I'm here for it!

As for the American Song Contest, I don't necessarily mind it. I just hope that NBC doesn't bog down reality tv elements and add superficial drama and sob stories. We have other shows that do that, and don't need another one. I'm not really fond of the structure of 3 heats, 2 semis and a grand final. I don't know why they have to complicate it so much for the inaugural year. Although, we tend to extend shows for obscene lengths of time for no reason here.

For this year, I would have only allowed the 50 states to participate and have Washington D.C. host for the first year as a "neutral ground" so that the host doesn't run the risk of not-qualifying while hosting. There would be two semis of 25 states and the top 12 qualifies to the final. This would give 24 entries for the grand final, and the winning state host the next year and automatically qualifies to the final.

For the following year, I would allow all states and territories to participate in this edition with three semis (two with 18 entires & one with 19 entries) and have the top 8 qualify to the final. This would create a final with 24 + the auto qualifier, totaling 25 entires.

It looks like this year's contest will be 6 weeks, which is not common as with other national finals for Eurovision. I'm really on the fence on this.

However, having Flo Rida & Senhit representing Florida would be AMAZING and I throw all my televote or online votes to them. Also, I think The Mamas would be great if they participated. One of the members was born in Washington D.C. so for them to represent the capital would be nice.

I would so see Guam, American Samoa, or Puerto Rico beat a huge music state like Georgia. That would be amazing!

I would be rooting for Puerto Rico and/or New York. I'm Dominican but I would still support Spanish-speaking artists regardless.

harey

So here is the Georgia singer (yes, really rooting for Georgia without any other reason than the double Georgia victory):

Top Bottom