Contact us

American imperialism in the ESC!

Fluke

Have you noticed an increasing number of entries with US connections in the last few years? Writers, producers, even artists themselves who have spent some time living in the USA, and i presume that's where some of the money comes from too....

So what do you think of this trend, and will it continue? Will we see even more behind-the-scenes "sponsoring" of certain entries by the US?

cassio

Have you noticed an increasing number of entries with US connections in the last few years? Writers, producers, even artists themselves who have spent some time living in the USA, and i presume that's where some of the money comes from too....

So what do you think of this trend, and will it continue? Will we see even more behind-the-scenes "sponsoring" of certain entries by the US?

I havn't got a clue what you are talking about, can you be more specific ....... are the any behind-the -scenes sponsors at all ???? who are those writers, artists you are talking about ???

Impressive

Banned
Well, Getter Jaani would be a nice example for that unless she wouldn't also release NYC taxi. She is such a USA lover. Seriously, in today, who doesn't spend some time in USA? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Celia

I thought it was just Swedish imperialism :lol:
Who's American this year besides Hannah Mancini?

toinou03

Natalia Kelly, but basically, I think that's all... I don't notice many people from USA... And yes, besides Sweden omnipresence, it doesn't shock me that Hannah and Natalia can represent Slovenia and Austria since they live there... (And even, it's not the Olympics ! :lol:)
Our "Frenchest" American Jeane Manson represented Luxembourg in 1979 as well ! :lol:

cassio

Ok now I see,

"So what do you think of this trend, and will it continue? Will we see even more behind-the-scenes "sponsoring" of certain entries by the US?"

Answar: I don't think there is a trend, it comes and goes. There are no behind- the-scenes sponsoring, its just a swedish imagination
:lol:

Fluke

And it looks like there will be even more this year :eek:

ESCFr

Why it's "imperialism" ?

ESCFr

Fluke, really...

r3gg13

Aww Hannah, she made us all proud xheart

American composers have written and "won" ESC though, so there is some reason as to why Fluke would say something like this. There's Jim Beanz who co-wrote Dima's song, and Julie Frost who co-wrote Lena's song. Both of them have worked with a-list singers.

I don't think that :us: will "sponsor" songs/countries though. We don't even air the show, so why sponsor countries in the contest? :lol:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
And it looks like there will be even more this year :eek:

You opened the thread last year and never said anything again. Now you're bumping it without giving us any information or details. Please give us something to go by or let it be.

Fluke

Andras Kallay-Saunders was born in, and spent most of his life in the US, that's the only one i can think of now, but there'll probably be more :)

r3gg13

Long live USA :lol:

Seriously, if you're in the music industry, you're more than likely to have spent some time outside of your country. Since USA has a large music industry, then it just figures that some ESC artists have spent time in USA. (aside from those born and raised in USA, that's another question)

ESCFr

Oh guys, Loreen is moroccan, let's say this is moroccan imperialism !
OH MY GOD HELENA PAPARIZOU IS SWEDISH ?

esc87fan

Don't forget about Katrina (1997 winner), she's from the US xacademic

Top Bottom