Contact us

America Is So Winning Eurovision Next Year

Miloutchi

Normally I would think replies like this are ironic, but that pre-supposes humour which has proven to be a scarce commodity on here..

It wouldn't hurt to accept that different people have different kind of humour, would it? I wonder if you have ever seen a comedian that starts to insult the audience for not laughing about his joke. No, you haven't, because someone with real humour would just find something else to joke about instead of sulking that no one got his joke.

Neo

Except the trouble here is people's refusal to accept that different people have different kind of humour, the very point I've been challenging. They not only refuse it, they go overboard with full hate, demanding the thread must be locked, I must be banned, and in your case, bizarrely twisting it completely around in order to attack me.

Neo

Keeping it alive? What are you talking about? People are rushing it to hate on it and me, just like you now.

Miloutchi

Except the trouble here is people's refusal to accept that different people have different kind of humour, the very point I've been challenging. They not only refuse it, they go overboard with full hate, demanding the thread must be locked, I must be banned, and in your case, bizarrely twisting it completely around in order to attack me.

The difference is that they hated on the video, whereas you started to hate on the people not finding this funny. Get the difference?

Also some of these "ban the thread" posts were clearly not serious. I agree that some people here may express their opinions a bit harshly, but then it is up to you to not let it get to you.

Edit: Btw, it wasn't my intention to "attack you". You have every right to find this extremely funny. I really couldn't care less.

Last edited:

Neo

The same doublespeak again. People are hating on me wanting me banned for making a thread about a fun Eurovision video, yet you ignore this, and instead try to make out that I hated on them for asking whether their hate was serious or not. You aint got much when you repeatedly have to resort to simple tricks like that, and when it's all about getting at me it's as cheap as it gets, especially when you additionally want me to not let things get to me and you are the one clearly upset at the thread and me and not interested in discussing the topic at all, just to provoke.

Franzilein

Don't find this video particularly funny (but then again, I'm German, what's fun anyway), but the fact that so many people are triggered by it is quite telling.
To outsiders, even some Europeans, the ESC is simply a campy and/or entertaining freak show. I think they get this point across pretty well here.

Uto

Veteran
The same doublespeak again. People are hating on me wanting me banned for making a thread about a fun Eurovision video, yet you ignore this, and instead try to make out that I hated on them for asking whether their hate was serious or not. You aint got much when you repeatedly have to resort to simple tricks like that, and when it's all about getting at me it's as cheap as it gets, especially when you additionally want me to not let things get to me and you are the one clearly upset at the thread and me and not interested in discussing the topic at all, just to provoke.
I implore you to revise this point of view, you seem awfully antagonistic and anxious about the whole thing. Miloutchi is simply trying to help you understand how to put the words of others in perspective. I agree that it was wrong to suppose that you attacked others for their taste. It is evident that you did not.

Point still stands: you posted a video that frames Eurovision as idiotic and by extension its fans as idiots. People react with derision to the video shown to them, this could have been predicted but alas. You start to defend the video as being a good source of comedy. Well, apparently not for the majority of the audience here. Just let it slide and focus on something else. No one is *hating* on you, no one is trying to get you banned (that was clearly a joke).

If it is the case that you have trouble discerning when people are joking or when they are being sincere it's going to be rough understanding the underlying principles of much of what is said on these boards. Do understand that people are most often just joking whenever they say something that seems to be missing the mark by a fair bit. A fundamental attitude of tolerance and patience if very valuable in such cases. You do seem easily agitated. It does not help anyone, much less yourself.

Neo

More doublespeak, and more attack.

Me questioning the lack of humour is not being "awfully antagonistic, agitated and anxious, lacking tolerance and patience" but people hating on a comic video, wanting the thread locked, people banned and making posts solely to attack other posters like you, are.

Such BS.

DenizESC

Banned
@Neo

Clearly we think this type of comedy is utter trash, the critique is definitely a bit harsh but that was the whole joke here, it was like an inside joke kinda moment 😅 I'm sorry for my words if they offended you, it wasn't my intention to make you feel like that.

It's like when I tell @Gera11 he deserves the electric chair for picking Ashley first over me in the Deniz vs Ashley thread. (Except ok that one is lowkey still facts)

To me this is the type of humour that Europeans that want to be American so bad like (so a lot of ppl these days). I don't like Americanizing Europe, to me that's a country so oriented on race, money, power and so many things that can give me a headache. Some of their humour to me, like in this vid feel so forced and that whole show to me is repetitive, but like no I don't hate you for liking it lol, just think ur lowkey (maybe a bit more) trash ;P

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It's like when I tell @Gera11 he deserves the electric chair for picking Ashley first over me in the Deniz vs Ashley thread. (Except ok that one is lowkey still facts)

giphy.gif

Wow this doublespeak, this attack...

The humour in that video is highly patronising which is why it's not very appealing to the general European public. I'm sure Colbert will survive without us laughing at this "skit". Tbh the humour in this kind of talk shows is always cringe af

Franco

Have you seen this Eurovision skit at The Late Show with Stephen Colbert?

I find it hilarious.

Nórnaäs - The Living Life (translated from the original European) :LOL:

I think that, whatever he is trying to do, Silvia Night did it first and she did it better.

Uto

Veteran
More doublespeak, and more attack.

Me questioning the lack of humour is not being "awfully antagonistic, agitated and anxious, lacking tolerance and patience" but people hating on a comic video, wanting the thread locked, people banned and making posts solely to attack other posters like you, are.

Such BS.
Your reaction to Miloutchi and me is awfully antagonistic. You misunderstand me, apparently willfully. This is not something anyone should want. Something is wrong.

Your anxious attitude does not sound healthy at all. Please consider professional help if you are not just trying to troll us.

Miloutchi

Give it up already. I mean, it must be clear to everyone now that the real joke of this thread is Neo himself.

It is either a troll who doesn't deserve our attention or someone who needs attention that we can't give. Either way, I am not trying to be reasonable anymore. I've had it with this particular person. In every thread he rumbles on about being treated unjustly. Just straight into my ignore list.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Wow, this thread is lit! :lol:

As for the clip, meh... seen it in the past... I do "get" the joke about 1944 (when you take it out of context as they do here), but other than that is quite the typical American ignorance towards everything not... well... American.

Neo

There, clear for all to see. No more pretend packaging from the righteous, just straight up personal attack: I'm trash, mentally ill, a joke and a troll.

Last edited:

DenizESC

Banned
@Uto didn't say you were mentally ill, but that your attitude doesn't sound healthy. Also if you're going to mention linking: seeking professional to being mentally ill, I thought that type of stereotype was something we left in the 70s.

Anyways, I don't even know why I'm trying. The more I read of you, it becomes more clear you're a troll, only responding and feeding of the (what you see as) negative posts, when there have been apologies and explanations here also.

Neo

The negativity is all yours. I made a thread with a fun Eurovision skit to get a laugh, and even tried to get somebody to come up with a single smile about it, yet there has been nothing but consistent negativity since, ending with an attack on my person which is of course negativity completely out of control.

Quite revealing of the hardcore Eurovision fans this. Supposed to be fun loving and tolerant, but in reality with no humour and quite aggressive against others, even willing to breach normal polite behaviour and terms of service to silence people. (interestingly the site has allowed this to happen)

tomos2019

I'll just try and give a balanced view. While I recognise that some people can go too far with Eurovision, I just don't think you should lump this forum in with others. I've been on another years back that was absolutely awful!

Top Bottom