Contact us

America Is So Winning Eurovision Next Year

randajad

Veteran
We are not being defensive, we all know to laugh about the funny side of the contest, it is just not funny. Classical american late night show boring mediocre jokes and bad “we don’t know it so we laugh at it” attitude. All of these are lame jokes about entries not campy or bad at all, some of them quite serious, spoon fed to the audience that do not know what Eurovision is and probably would not get it even if they did.

And to think we were complaining about scripted jokes from last few years :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Americans (excluding Joan Rivers god rest her soul) in general are just not particularly good at comedy. They gave us Friends after all.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
I went through this 5 min long video (congratulations to me) and my face muscles did not move a milimeter.
Don't watch it if you wanna save 5 minutes from your life.

Himan

I feel you are too hard on the opening poster, just because this thing is American and America doesn't belong to eurovision as we all know.

Uto

Veteran
Well family and friends who've watched it are all giggling and laughing too. My sister is a solid ESC fan and she was guffawing.

I mean the cheap astronaut suit, the cheesy music, ridiculous staging, atrocious lyrics and horrible English is all real. You gotta admit it's funny sometimes.

One can laugh at something but still love it you know. No need to be so defensive.
It's fine that you want to share something which you found funny. Fell flat with this audience here. Don't worry about it.

DenizESC

Banned
Americans (excluding Joan Rivers god rest her soul) in general are just not particularly good at comedy. They gave us Friends after all.

Ugh yes. I'd like to decide myself when something is funny and laugh-worthy pls, thank you.

American comedy: No ☺ hippity hoppity, ur smiles are my property

Romeo

Have you seen this Eurovision skit at The Late Show with Stephen Colbert?

I find it hilarious.

Nórnaäs - The Living Life (translated from the original European) :LOL:

Well that's better than jamala... so if she can win.... lol

Romeo

I mean the point where people laugh at "they kill you all" is not a fine line.

I think it was more finding it funny that the song is so blatant and not the fact people died

• Like It
Reactions: Neo

Neo

Normally I would think replies like this are ironic, but that pre-supposes humour which has proven to be a scarce commodity on here..

burrito

Normally I would think replies like this are ironic, but that pre-supposes humour which has proven to be a scarce commodity on here..

Dude, are you the host of this show or are you that nórnaas guy that you need to defend this tasteless video so bad?
No one but you finds it funny. Understand, accept, get over it and close this thread already.

hijirio

Veteran
With this humor you could join the trio that hosted Eurovision 2017 in Kyiv.

ESC94

I´m sorry, but every intestinal flushing and root canal treatment is more funny than this "comedy video". xpuke

Top Bottom