Contact us

Allocation draw

ParadiseES

The pots have just been revealed -> Allocation draw: Pots revealed | ESCunited.com

Tomorrow, the allocation draw will determine which countries will take part in the respective semi finals. 16 countries will take part in semi 1 whereas there are 17 competitors in semi 2. The EBU has just announced the five pots for tomorrow’s allocation draw – they have been calculated on the basis of the votes of the last 10 years to provide a fair distribution of countries.

Pot 1
Albania
Macedonia
Montenegro
Slovenia
Switzerland
Serbia
Malta

Pot 2
Denmark
Finland
Estonia
Norway
Sweden
Iceland
Latvia

Pot 3
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Georgia
Israel
Russia
Armenia
Lithuania

Pot 4
Belgium
Cyprus
Greece
Ireland
The Netherlands
San Marino

Pot 5
Hungary
Moldova
Romania
Portugal
Poland
Czech Republic

The draw will take place tomorrow at 13:25 CET in Vienna’s city hall. The slightly confusing procedure (see tweet below) will be presented by Andi Knoll and Kati Bellowitsch. Executive Supervisor Jon Ola Sand and Thomas Niedermeyer from the voting partner Digame will be present as well. You’ll be able to watch the draw live on ORF oreurovision.tv!

ParadiseES

Malta in the Balkan pot is quite random and I also think Ireland would fit more in the same pot as Latvia, Lithuania or Poland. Other than that is pretty accurate.

ParadiseES

Portugal is quite random as well :lol:

Well, I think Portugal is fine there. If there are countries that Portugal tends to vote more than others they are Romania and Moldova. Not quite much though, but still more than any other European country besides Spain.

anselm

What's with the button? :lol:

10943915_840615666002742_2397650389081585262_n.jpg

Sim

I must work tomorrow again at 13:30, I will secretly watch it I think :D

I do find it strange that Ireland isn't in a pot with the Baltic countries.

Brandt

How can Armenia and Azerbaijan be in the same pot? They would even arrest people who vote for each other...

ParadiseES

13:25 is a very bad time for me. I thought it was gonna be before :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I don't get Ireland's placement? How often do they vote for any of those countries they're in a pot with. :? As it's been said they should be with Lithuania and Poland.

FilipFromSweden

The draws are not exciting anymore since producers decide the running order :(

Okay they are a bit, as we'll see what country is in what semi-final and in what half.

ParadiseES

How can Armenia and Azerbaijan be in the same pot? They would even arrest people who vote for each other...

But they share the same ex-USSR voting friends. Armenia used to be in the same pot as Netherlands, Belgium, Greece and Cyprus though. I guess it was moved to cover the free spot Ukraine left.

Sim

But they share the same ex-USSR voting friends. Armenia used to be in the same pot as Netherlands, Belgium, Greece and Cyprus though. I guess it was moved to cover the free spot Ukraine left.

and also maybe because the voting to Armenia has dropped in Be and Nl I think (especially by the jurors)

NikkiBoy

San Marino and Malta - swift places!

Brandt

It is still pointless to collect all Eastern countries in the same pot just because of being close location. There is no difference to put Iceland or Montenegro instead of Azerbaijan or Armenia. The only thing we can be sure for 100% every year is that Azerbaijan and Armenia never give points to each other.

tuorem

The draws are not exciting anymore since producers decide the running order :(

Okay they are a bit, as we'll see what country is in what semi-final and in what half.

Agree, no matter what half is drawn for a country, they still can favor someone in the first half (placing it at the last slot possible) or try to ruin someone's chances in the second one (9th place is like you're in the first half pretty much). Same for the final with the notorious 13th place.

anselm

This.

I missed, why did EBU decide to do it that way in 2013 and what was wrong with stage number balls?

For dramaturgy purposes. They don't want to risk opening the show with a low-key ballad or having 5 uptempo songs in a row anymore.

Top Bottom