8 5.4%

14 9.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiritofKeiino

Delighted it qualified. Also, the dad looks so happy to be there.

Their confidence and performance style improved massively since the NF.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Yeah, not my fave too but it's a respectable entry that has an undeniable charm to it. The song was very much an underdog. I'm glad it's been given a happy ending. The performance was wonderful. I'm always happy to see Albania in the final. I'll likely throw them a vote there (I meant to tonight but ran out of time as I was watching on a stream that was 2 minutes behind :cry:).

SpiritofKeiino

Yeah, not my fave too but it's a respectable entry that has an undeniable charm to it. The song was very much an underdog. I'm glad it's been given a happy ending. The performance was wonderful. I'm always happy to see Albania in the final. I'll likely throw them a vote there (I meant to tonight but ran out of time as I was watching on a stream that was 2 minutes behind :cry:).
Same, I far far prefer it to Ronela last year. Love seeing the dad's pride in particular

SirPeterGriffin

This felt like a nice throwback to the 00s with all the ethnic pop-folk entries. It's refreshing to see a country sticking with that identity despite all the preasure to become more "commercial". The song is average but there was something so earnest and passionate in the live version that stood out among all the trashiness. Most pleasant surprise of the evening.

HarryUK

Veteran
I am THRILLED that they made it! What with Ronela’s robbery last year, ESC was definitely missing some authentic Balkan flavour and Albina and her gorgeous family bring it!!! It was so powerful in the arena too

SpiritofKeiino

This felt like a nice throwback to the 00s with all the ethnic pop-folk entries. It's refreshing to see a country sticking with that identity despite all the preasure to become more "commercial". The song is average but there was something so earnest and passionate in the live version that stood out among all the trashiness. Most pleasant surprise of the evening.
Sasha Jean Baptiste's staging helped hugely, it is obvious that the family's confidence has improved so well done to whoever coached them (whether it was SJB herself or one of her team).
Loved the bit with the red handkerchiefs.

SpiritofKeiino

I am THRILLED that they made it! What with Ronela’s robbery last year, ESC was definitely missing some authentic Balkan flavour and Albina and her gorgeous family bring it!!! It was so powerful in the arena too
I saw it in the arena this afternoon and loved it

HarryUK

Veteran
Upper tier, at the riverside entrance side - can't remember the block number

Then Baltic Market for food, great spot and atmosphere with Eurovision flags and soundtrack
Oooo I was upper tier too - block 2 I think? Can’t remember! I went to the village yesterday and they had a Ukrainian market which was so heartwarming, I spoke to a lovely Ukrainian lady about what she was selling and she said it was all homemade… gorgeous!

crashworld

Veteran
Congrats to Albania for defying the (betting) odds and came through. SJB definitely did well for the staging to elevate the song, of course Albina is such an amazing vocalist. Everything just came together right where it needed. Well done!

Last edited:

SpiritofKeiino

Loving the vid on Instagram of the family and their supporters all celebrating on the bus on the way home. They look so happy, I'm glad they've qualified

Top Bottom