8 5.4%

14 9.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lilka

This one tries hard to be impressive, yet it still remains something we have already heard. Next. That's a 5 from me - absolutely not bad, but boring.

Ezio

Veteran
A typical entry from Albania. Aaaaaaaaah aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Oooooooooooooh

ArmpitOfEurope

Really like this, very intense and interesting.
Love that Albania always remains faithful to their language and this has such an strong balkan identity.
:7: for now

MopManMoss

Veteran
It's incredible. No one said nothing about Dadi and his entire Icelandic village on stage, singing how happy their family is.
Now people complaining about this Albanian family.
Two weights two measures?!!
About screaming divas story I'm really tired to discuss again. Albina can sing that's important and by the way, she's not screaming.
Happy to have more cultural and musical diversity in ESC.
People complaint about it being a family are weird but why did you bring up dadi? It was just his wife and sister? Literally the following year Iceland sent four siblings

PanosAK

I was kinda hoping for a more left field entry from Albania but this is kinda just a bland Balkan power ballad....

I like the live instruments, dunno if that is something that is going to feel absent in the actual performance. The lead definitely has a powerful voice but the song lacks anything that imo is going to make it memorable for most.

nudiecrudi

People complaint about it being a family are weird but why did you bring up dadi? It was just his wife and sister? Literally the following year Iceland sent four siblings
It was his wife, sister and friends celebrating 10 years of family love.
No one complained because Iceland is an extremely addicted famous ESC country (what about the Fire Saga) and Albania isn't?
Just not to be misunderstood, I liked and appreciated Dadi s song
On the other hand I also like and appreciate this one. I find it totally Albanian and sincere, with a nice meaning.

lilka

Oh my God, how does them being a family affect the song? It's just a fact. They are a family, period. Neither positive, nor negative. The problem is that the song itself, being a well-produced and beautiful piece of music, is at the same time nothing special.

hijirio

Veteran
I found my bias for esc 2023 xheat xheat xheat

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Fluke

Albania totally made self-parody their thing.

Seriously, this is like "Sekret" meets Bosnia's "Ljubav je" and a tiny bit of Montenegro's horrible "Heaven" abomination with six singers unsuccesfully trying to share the spotlight.

The chorus is weak and forgettable, the structure messy and awkward, the delivery old-fashioned and over-dramatic, literally crying on stage, that just begs to be ridiculed, and it will be.

On the plus side, musically it really isn't terrible, just really unsuitable for todays ESC, and there's some age and gender representation on stage for once, thought three of them are young women, so they're still sorta sticking with their formula.

Overall, unless there's an absolutely MIRACULOUS revamp, or they change song entirely (has Albania ever done that, could they?) i'd say the chance of this making the final is practically zero. Looking back, Albania did actually qualify three times in a row before their failure last year, but these were pretty much entirely because of the juries, and i don't see this having the same appeal.

ESC94

Just listened to the song again. I have to admit I wasn´t really a fan of the when I heard it for the first ime. After a second attempt I must say it´s quite a good choice. :)

What I really like is that it´s not too dramatic, that´s an issue I had with many of their entries in the past. This is powerful without "overwhelming" me if you no what I mean. Her voice and stage presence are great as well.

I´m still not entering the hype mode like some other users here though, there´s still something missing in this song for me. The qualification for the final is certainly possible, whether the country can "escape" the usual 15-20th place range is another question. xshrug

All in all I give :al: a good :7: for this solid entry. (y)

HarryUK

I've just had my first listen and this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Albania have done it again :love:

Ajeje Brazorf

It's not bad, but I'm afraid it is not good enough... Seriously: how many viewers are going to vote for this song? In the last four years I always guessed right if Albania would or wouldn't have qualified. Eugent, Jonida and Anxhela were overlooked before the competition, but I was sure they would have been qualifiers. I liked Ronela's song, but I was sure, since her "englalbanian" version came out, that it would have been dead on arrival (even before seeing the staging). In this case, I don't think this song or performance will qualify if it isn't paired with a weak competition.

Ps: Arilena would have stayed in the semis in 2020, for sure...

Last edited:

shameless

Well, the only difference to your usual Albanian entry is that instead of one screaming woman...they're now three of them and their parents on stage :D

I don't mind this entry but I also don't care for it as I didn't for most of its recent entries. Of course, in FiK the entry is still very messy but it usually doesn't get even more excited with the revamp. I think this will not entirely flop like last year also due to the family being charming together but everything above their usual lower middle field in the final would surprise me.

Mainshow

Veteran
Oh my God, how does them being a family affect the song? It's just a fact. They are a family, period. Neither positive, nor negative.

The song deals with familiy issues and how they tear apart family members. The song is about how easily a family can get separated for no big reasons (because of words). The lyrical I is the child who doesn´t fully understand "what´s been going on and why they are about to break up".
The chorus is about loving and caring about each other "loving them [parents]" and "loving the child" like before.

Them being a REAL family adds authenticity and genuineness to this entry.
It clearly affects the song: One could argue that lyrical I =/= performer but since it´s indeed her siblings and other family members accompanying her on stage, it lifts up the whole "musical experience".

Last edited:

lilka

Okay, I understand, but I don't think it matters when it comes to points. I said that I have nothing against it, but as someone above mentioned (which I agree with), it's just a typical Albanian entry.

bazinga

"Fallin’
I’m in heaven fallin’
I’m in heaven fallin’
Straight into your heart"
Vibes🤣🤣

Ezio

Veteran
The song is not really good. Albania’s formula is running stale.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I did not see FiK this year, was it as mediocre as my friend have told me?

Giving this Albanian song a :5: i think. putting this below tvorchi? or above? they're two sides of the same unexciting coin for me. They can chill in the mehzone until the actual entries turn up.

Duje is not good. kind of a mess, kind of corny and cliché, and I'm not sure whether a revamp can't fully fix its issues. It's cute that they're one big family performing together, but that's sort of the only real positive for me. I know some people see potential, but i personally don't. they're like a slightly less preachy takasa for me.

normally i'd say this one's hopeless, but it's all televotes in the semi and this could get the albanian special of a 9th into a 19th place result. unless belgium draw the same semi, send gala and she hoovers up the international albanian vote. or scam marino use their una voce money to pay bebe rexha or something.

Although they're the first semifinalist even now do Albania look a borderline qualifier, as they often are.

Top Bottom