• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Yazy

Off topic:

Elsa Lila's "Evita" is such a grower.
The melody is not a masterpiece or anything but her interpretation along with stage mannerisms really sells it.
Plus the classy and universal movie score type of arrangement is a bonus for me.

That being said, I'm glad it didn't win.
The 4 minute duration of the song cannot be kept for ESC and they would probably butcher the thing in an attempt to make an edited ESC version.

I liked Ronela last year until I saw her first ESC rehersal and that dreadful appearance and staging. No, it wasn't bold, it simply ruined the song and her otherwise genuine bold posture.

Now this song performed live as it is for the moment is just meeh, but I'll rate it after I hear official studio production version because as in Ronela's case, the studio version will most likely be nothing like the first live version we have got now.

Etanna

I unfortunately cannot emotionally connect to the song. Btw is it on purpose that Albina is being so emotional throughout the performance while most of the backup singers have an almost bored expression the whole time? I hope they will be more coordinated during the Eurovision performance

Mainshow

Veteran
I unfortunately cannot emotionally connect to the song. Btw is it on purpose that Albina is being so emotional throughout the performance while most of the backup singers have an almost bored expression the whole time? I hope they will be more coordinated during the Eurovision performance

Albina is the singer - she might be more experienced when it comes to performing on stage and in front of an audience whilst her "backing singers" are her real family - I don´t know their biographies but personally, I think that they are more like "amateurs" and Albina wanted to create a unique, authentic and special moment and letting/asking her family to contribute to this entry (since it deals with family issues, break up/divorce of parents and still making up a strong and loving and caring family).

Eurovision is still 5 months away but I´m afraid that it´s still not enough time for amateurish singers to get more experienced.. but I agree with you, they need to find a way to look more engaged on stage!

Looren

Veteran
Eurovision is still 5 months away but I´m afraid that it´s still not enough time for amateurish singers to get more experienced.. but I agree with you, they need to find a way to look more engaged on stage!

Think most of them were fine tbh, the only one who didn't look concerned to me was Albin, and Sidorela a bit at the beginning

PolarFoxxie.

Daddy Kelmendi is hot. Not kidding. Actually the best part for me is when her parents join her and when the music and instrumental changes.

DanielLuis

I'm really bummed the year "Evita" wins is the year that Albania changes up the format of FiKmas.
"Evita" is such a beautiful song, it's the classic dramatic Albanian ballad taken to the next level. That whistling at the end is just *chef's kiss*. I'm pretty sure it would be a new "Suus" moment for Albania in Liverpool, it would at least be guaranteed in the jurors top 10, at minimum.
"Duje"....not so much. It's not bad but it's pretty messy, especially on first listen.

hijirio

Veteran
I can't get Duje out of my mind. It's such an earworm. Kosovo could actually contribute so much to the contest.

pardoESC

from me? 3 points. the song? Nice, nothing more. But the performance, oh the performance, if this is the performance we will get from them in Liverpool? It's horrifying. It looked like someone blew her under the canopy so as punishment she started singing along with the rest of her family.

pardoESC

from me? 3 points. the song? Nice, nothing more. But the performance, oh the performance, if this is the performance we will get from them in Liverpool? It's horrifying. It looked like someone blew her under the canopy so as punishment she started singing along with the rest of her family.
She can learn from Netta, how to do it right :LOL::LOL:

hijirio

Veteran
TI DUUUJEEEEE

Is :al: gonna be my #1 once again???????

I think our fave will be either this or Israel, just like every other year before kdfgkjdfkjlhdfjhd

Saw this on Twitter and my life is not the same anymore

FkqxgILWIAEMoks

Franzilein

Don't know what to think about this, whether I should like it or not. But that is how I feel about Albania every year anyway. The surprise bag among the ESC countries – impossible to predict where they'll end up, pulling a Suus or a Sekret. Cautiously giving 6 points for now.

Top Bottom