Edhe një, edhe ty
Një, dy, tre, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha

Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej
Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej​

Last edited by a moderator:

ag89

She was on a different level than everyone tonight. She was the only one who is glamour. She gave her all. She GAVE HER ALL.
It was definition of perfect. She has most views from SF1. She slayed the whole arena. She is the moment.

BAN JURIES NOW. PLEASE.
She gave all, but the whole thing was still bad. They destroyed a very good FiK performance with the shit we saw tonight.

NeoTen

The NF was ok, but even then someone should've just got blunt with her; "you're not a stable singer, don't go jumping like a lunatic". She should've extended the acoustic version with the violins and went with that. The arguing online was mentioned by multiple broadcasters in Europe... so I wonder why didn't the broadcaster just pull her? Then again.... I suspect she's 11th and the spot killed her. Poor girl, you can't say she wasn't motivated. :sneaky:

Datura

i found this very shouty and messy, the choreo was not very precise either imo. it was an energetic way to start the show gotta give that to her, but i totally lost the song in all of it
i do think there are lots of bad camera angles though (not only at the albanian performance) it generally partly looks very static, pretty disappointing imo

hijirio

Veteran
Y’all nitpicking mistakes in Albanian performance as if Switzerland Q and Iceland Q didn’t happen. At least she brought something effortful, she made 3 minutes full of something. In every second, she kept on entertaining. And she is getting more views than all the qualifiers, I don’t think this ever happened before in ESC. And considering Albania is such a small country, this is mindblowing.

I will never forgive juries. Never.

DanielLuis

I''m sorry but this was awful tonight, beyond salvageable.
The choreo was a mess, the whole performance didn't fit the vibe of the song at all. Not to speak of her vocals which weren't also the best.
Of course these this kind of thing means whatever it means, but in the live voting me and my friends did tonight she was the only one ending with 0 points alongside Croatia. I think that goes for a big chunk of the casual audience too. The performance just felt totally disconected from the song.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
i won't blame juries yet because we don't know how ronela did on televote in the end and i'm afraid of a jestem situation xcry

meanwhile I'll mourn while listening to lage (and the single artwork was used for her postcard!!!!! silver linings?)

lacrymea

Y’all nitpicking mistakes in Albanian performance as if Switzerland Q and Iceland Q didn’t happen. At least she brought something effortful, she made 3 minutes full of something. In every second, she kept on entertaining. And she is getting more views than all the qualifiers, I don’t think this ever happened before in ESC. And considering Albania is such a small country, this is mindblowing.

I will never forgive juries. Never.
Sorry for your loss. Don't mean to annoy you, but I was actually nitpicking to find something remotely enjoyable in that. It was utterly unpleasant to watch and hear.

ayzelto

That was expected. After the rehearsal we all knew that would happen. I don’t think she was even 11th in the overall score. I feel bad for her, because a song that had a lot of potential turned out to be a mess.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Such a shame xcry The staging wasn't perfect but honestly it's this year's stage and aesthetics that are overall just a mess for me. I just can't believe this was too much for people but Trenuletul sailed easily through :lol:

martin

I liked the song, but did not like the staging. I could see that she miss some votes from jury because of that. Maybe also some televoting too

midnightsun

Veteran
I just can't believe this was too much for people but Trenuletul sailed easily through :lol:

Some people just don’t like the overly sexy touch to it. Given that at least half the viewers or even more are female and amongst the viewers are a lot of families with kids and older (60+) people this should really not come as a surprise.

Moldova ARE the representation of the older people plus their song is funny, not sexy. (Well, the latter probably depends on who you ask :ROFLMAO:)

Gitte

I am happy this didn't qualify. I somewhat liked the original NF performance, the music video and revamp were ok, but the final product was a mess. I wouldn't have minded its qualification when there weren't songs I was happy possibly qualified instead (such as Lithuania, Iceland), but happy it left space for those.

Hamsterwheel

Albania becomes one of a long line of reasons why one watches the semi finals, it was a glorious hot mess...:cool:
:love:

crashworld

Veteran
Let's face it, I think most of us called it when we saw the rehearsal clip. The staging did absolutely nothing for the song. We are expecting ethnic-influenced cult-like styled staging like what she did in the NF but something more elaborated and polished for ESC stage. The direction they went for the ESC version is just so wrong.

I personally don't mind the dance routine, don't think it was that raunchy or vulgar. But the entire package just felt a mismatch. The outfit, the colour palette plus the vocals (she sounded so much worse than her pre-parties?) and the camera angles (although she is not the only one who suffered from it). Everything that you would expect to go wrong went wrong.

I mean I get that she wants to break from the black + red colour palette that Albania has gone through for the past years. But this is the PERFECT colour palette for this song.

I don't think this is a robbery because this is like the best form of self-sabotage. A COMPLETE MESS.
The only highlight is her energy because she gave her all. But obviously that is not enough.

Sabrewulf238

Personally, I don't think it was too raunchy or vulgar.

I think her voice was struggling at certain points, so the juries probably picked up on that, even if the public didn't.

I could be wrong but I feel like the public probably voted her through to the final whereas the jury probably penalized her for the vocals. (and as much as I'd like it to not be the case, probably some conservative judges were clutching their pearls....)

hijirio

Veteran
Say what you want, there’s no explanation for Albania not making it to Top 10 in such a weak semi

You might like the staging/vocals, but still she had to be in top 10 and she had to perform in the Grand Final on Saturday.

Top Bottom